Windows 10: Win10 Thinkpad - Cannot access search function.

Discus and support Win10 Thinkpad - Cannot access search function. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Initially I thought the problem was not being able to unlock the taskbar. settings set to unlock for desktop & tablet modes. Desktop wallpaper appears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Uticus, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Uticus Win User

Win10 Thinkpad - Cannot access search function.

Initially I thought the problem was not being able to unlock the taskbar. settings set to unlock for desktop & tablet modes.

Desktop wallpaper appears washed out until the brief switching time when a web browser is initiated.

Also the Task View icon on the Taskbar allows the wallpaper to be viewed without being dulled but nothing else is available.

Cortana icon, File explorer icon, and the back arrow function fine; but the search icon brings up a transparent box 2/3s the size of the screen which cannot be accessed anyway.

With search unavailable cannot do Windows Powershell to re-register.

Ran the SFC.exe which came back clean, no errors.

Did not reboot machine.

:)

Uticus, Aug 6, 2020

2. Win10 cannot key in search text

Hi Sir,
    I did not see Cotana in task manager.

Win10 Thinkpad -  Cannot access search function. [​IMG]

in ctfmon on the following thread method 1. I done the process. but I still cannot search on the search box.
    is that what the suggestion you refer to ?
    Fix: Windows 10 Can't type in search - Appuals.com

before last week, I can use the search box function easier to find the file and app by this function.

BR,
    Scott

Scotthsieh, Aug 6, 2020
  3. ginGammel Win User
    Search function in Win10

Hi, thanks for the suggestion, but as I stated in my previous message, I whitnessed this behaviour on various machines. Can you confirm that the search function works fine on your PC when repeating the same steps I described?

ginGammel, Aug 6, 2020
  4. SJMaye Win User

Cannot turn on wireless adapter after clean install of Win10

A couple years ago I upgraded my brother's Lenovo T420 Thinkpad from Win7 to Win10. All went well. No issues at all. Skip to present. For some reason the system would not boot to Windows. I opted to do a clean install. That went without issue, except now I cannot seem to turn on the wireless adapter / radio.

• Windows Wifi settings radio is ON
    • Checked physical switch on side - ON
    • Checked BIOS - Nothing there
    • Checked Wireless ON/Off function key. They seem to work with other functions. Just do not turn on or off the wireless radio.
    • Went to Intel website and installed latest driver for the adapter
    • Went to Lenovo website. They do not offer Windows 10 support/driver etc for this model. When I try using their automated scanner to select the correct drivers and utilities it locks up. I assume because I am running Win10 and Win10 is not supported.
    • Since the original WIn7 x64 drivers and utilities worked before I was going to manually download and install, but their nomenclature is confusing. Software is listed Thinkpad, Laptop, Desktop, ThinkCentre. This is a Thinkpad laptop. Which do I download?

The bottom line is that the wireless adapter worked fine after upgrade from Win7, but will not turn on since the clean install of Win10.

Does anyone have any suggestions other than tell my brother I broke his laptop *Eek

SJMaye, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Win10 Thinkpad - Cannot access search function. - Similar Threads - Win10 Thinkpad Cannot

2. Cannot use windows search function

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot use windows search function: I am not able to type in the quick search bar on my windows 10 computer, This issue also affects the file explorer as I am not able to search there either. I also noticed the windows button will have a 3-4 second delay before opening the start menu. I have tried other...
  3. Cannot use windows search function

in Cortana
    Cannot use windows search function: I am not able to type in the quick search bar on my windows 10 computer, This issue also affects the file explorer as I am not able to search there either. I also noticed the windows button will have a 3-4 second delay before opening the start menu. I have tried other...
  4. Cannot use windows search function

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Cannot access bluetooth functionality.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access bluetooth functionality.: I had recently changed my hard drive and hence had to install windows again. However I could not access the bluetooth functionality anymore. I have tried updating the bluetooth driver. I have a Thinkpad T430 with windows 10. As you could see in below image there are no...
  6. Cannot access bluetooth functionality.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access bluetooth functionality.: I had recently changed my hard drive and hence had to install windows again. However I could not access the bluetooth functionality anymore. I have tried updating the bluetooth driver. I have a Thinkpad T430 with windows 10. As you could see in below image there are no...
  7. Cannot access bluetooth functionality.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Start menu and Search function not accessible

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu and Search function not accessible: Windows 10 Home 64-bit. Build: 19042.985Hi;after the last Windows update 14/5 I cannot access my Start menu, nor use the search function. I am not sure if the update is the cause or not.Here is what I have tried so far:1. Restarting the computer.2. Ran SFC utility corrupt...
  9. Search function in Win10 will not search C drive

in Cortana
    Search function in Win10 will not search C drive: I've tried altering the search parameters with in the 'settings ' to include the C:/ drive and have tried rebuild and it still only searches mainly Bing and occasionally my files. Can I delete this and either download it again or is there anothr commercial app which does...
  10. Search function in Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search function in Win10: Hi, I noticed that, when performing a search via the Windows search function and then clicking on "see more results", it opens an explorer window with the search results. So far, so good. The issue is, when I do the next search the same way and then clicking again on "see...