Windows 10: Win10 time suddenly an hour off

Discus and support Win10 time suddenly an hour off in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So as of yesterday Mar 30 the time on my PC started displaying an hour ahead than actual time for no reason. No changes to clock settings. Daylight... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by squish, Mar 30, 2017.

1. squish Win User

Win10 time suddenly an hour off

So as of yesterday Mar 30 the time on my PC started displaying an hour ahead than actual time for no reason. No changes to clock settings. Daylight savings was Mar 12 where I live and my PC adjusted automatically as per normal. If I go into Date and Time settings, I see 'set time automatically' is checked. Timezone is set correct (Pacific Time US & Canada). Adjust for daylight saving time automatically is checked. If I uncheck that, the clock goes back an hour and displays correct time. Problem is I shouldn't have to uncheck that since I do live in a timezone that observes daylight saving and Windows should adjust properly.

Thoughts, ideas?

:)

squish, Mar 30, 2017

2. Time on myphone calendar off an hour

I thought it would be great to be able to add appts to my calendar from the web, and the myphone calendar seems perfect for this, but I added an appt, and when it synced to my phone, the time was off by an hour. I have myphone site set up for central
    time, and my HTC Touch Pro 2 is also set for central time, as is my Outlook I also sync to. The event time was set for 6 pm, and showed that on myphone calendar, but showed 7 pm on my phone and other calendars after I had also synced them with the phone,
    before I noticed the time problem. I set the event time to 6 on the phone, synced to my Outlook calendar and it was then correct there, but when I synced back to myphone, that time changed to 5 pm. I tried changing the time zone on the myphone site, but
    it looks like it set it back to central when I synced the phone again.

Any ideas?

Mary Beth in MN

marybethmn, Mar 30, 2017
  3. Time on myphone calendar off an hour

Well, today it all appears to be working, oddly enough! I created an appt on my phone and synced with Outlook, that was fine, created one in Outlook and synced, all fine, then synced phone to myphone, and they appeared with the correct time everywhere.
    Then I created one on myphone calendar, and synced, and that is correct everywhere too! Maybe some DST change? Thanks for answering up, anyway!

Mary Beth in MN

marybethmn, Mar 30, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

I have seen a similar report elsewhere and it was the same time zone as yours. The fix was to change the time server used to check/update the correct time. Simply type pool.ntp.org into the box as shown and click update now. See if that fixes your issue. If not, you can always go back and select your original setting:

Win10 time suddenly an hour off [​IMG]

Good luck,

Thema:

1. Win10 time suddenly an hour off - Similar Threads - Win10 suddenly hour

2. MY LAPTOP SUDDENLY TURNS OFF AFTER AN HOUR NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MY LAPTOP SUDDENLY TURNS OFF AFTER AN HOUR NOT WORKING: My Laptop suddenly turns off after an hour not working Youtube videos still running but I don't touch anything. I'm currently using Windows 10, I yet have tried any methods. I'm really appreciated if there is any aids...
  3. MY LAPTOP SUDDENLY TURNS OFF AFTER AN HOUR NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY LAPTOP SUDDENLY TURNS OFF AFTER AN HOUR NOT WORKING: My Laptop suddenly turns off after an hour not working Youtube videos still running but I don't touch anything. I'm currently using Windows 10, I yet have tried any methods. I'm really appreciated if there is any aids...
  4. MY LAPTOP SUDDENLY TURNS OFF AFTER AN HOUR NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC turns off when idle for a long time ~hour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC turns off when idle for a long time ~hour: My computer turns itself off after off when not in use for more than an hour +-. The power setting is set not to sleep or hibernate Never. From looking up in the Event Viewer, I found the following:"Log Name: SystemSource: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PowerDate:...
  6. Windows 10 time is 3 hours off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 time is 3 hours off.: Hello, I installed a new ssd today, and I'm currently running my OS on it, and my time is incorrect. My time zone is correct in the date and time settings, yet it's still off by three hours exactly. I've tried to change the time manually, but it's still wrong in...
  7. how to turn off voice that announces the time every hour

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to turn off voice that announces the time every hour: see subject https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-voice-that-announces-the-time/1260b4f0-414b-49da-81f6-8a687dc17f7b
  8. How do i turn off the Hourly Time Announcement?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i turn off the Hourly Time Announcement?: My Lenovo X250 gives me an annoying hourly time announcement and I cant turn it off. I cant even find this tool online or find anyone with the same issue. I dont know if its a windows, lenovo or a third party feature. I installed Windows 10 on my desktop and it is on there...
  9. Win10 shows the time four hours ahead of my timezone

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 shows the time four hours ahead of my timezone: My timezone is set correctly to Eastern (UTC-05:00) but Windows sets the clock ahead four hours after every boot cycle. It even sets the hardware clock in UEFI fours hours ahead. I've run a boot-time virus can using Avast Internet Security. Two PUPs were found and deleted....
  10. time suddenly changed 1 hour forward

in Windows 10 Support
    time suddenly changed 1 hour forward: it was showing the correct time but suddenly I noticed I was 1 hour ahead, how is that possible? I did not reset anything. Happened an hour ago. 106915