Windows 10: win10 to win10 network credentials mystery

Discus and support win10 to win10 network credentials mystery in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a media server that is running win10. I just got a new win10 machine in my office and I'd like full access to the shares on the media server.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Doug.Metzler, Feb 15, 2020.

1. win10 to win10 network credentials mystery

I have a media server that is running win10. I just got a new win10 machine in my office and I'd like full access to the shares on the media server.

I go to the media server and open credentials manager and add the credentials for the new machine machine name, local username

I then go back to the new machine and connect and I get asked for my Windows Credentials but I have no idea to what credentials it refers.

I can even go to the credentials manager on the new machine and see the credential I just added for the media server and change the password. But the password in the credentials manager is not the password that the credentials dialog box wants.

And honestly I don't even know if the credentials manager has anything at all to do with share access.

The question is, where on the media server do I go to find out what these mystery credentials are? how do I know what password to enter? or, even better, can I just eliminate all that and setup a simple share that is RW for all comers?

I have had varying levels of access in the past. The win7 machine I just retired had RW to the shares and the other Win10 machine had RO access. I have never been able to get exactly what I wanted, which is all machines on the network to have full control to all shares on the media server.

Thank you,

:)

Doug.Metzler, Feb 15, 2020
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Ikaruga Win User
    GeForce Hotfix driver 353.38 (Update: Win10 versions added)

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...vers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-353-38/

Update: Windows 10 (international) versions below:
    Win10 - 64 bit desktop
    Win10 - 32 bit desktop
    Win10 - 64 bit notebook
    Win10 - 32 bit notebook

Ikaruga, Feb 15, 2020
  4. win10 to win10 network credentials mystery

win10 printer credentials problem

Rakesh

Thanks for the suggestions, I tried what you recommended, here are the results.

1) this is a new win10 installation, on a new computer. The printer was installed using the win10 wizard. It asked for brand / model number and completed installation.

Printer is working properly.

2 )Trouble shooter could not find anything wrong .

I can do FILEe sharing between win10 and Xp but not print sharing.

At this point the XP can find this printer on win10.

I tried connecting printer to Xp and let win10 find it. It cannot find it.

I wrote more about the credentials problem to Sean in this thread.

By the way this printer is using the same driver on both machines.

The printer is an HP 1300 using a parallel port.

Win10 does not allow me to override the existing credentials.

On the Xp the wizard installs the printer and asks for permissions this is where problem is. Does not like any user. They are all known to both machines.

I have another printer that is on a router

(evidently such printers are 'servers)

You install them as 'local' printers on all the computers and evidently the printer's servers manages the spooling. this works from any machine.

If you or any one has more suggestions I will try them.

Thanks for the help so far.

George

George Sirk, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

win10 to win10 network credentials mystery

1. win10 to win10 network credentials mystery - Similar Threads - win10 win10 network

2. win10 networking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    win10 networking: Happy New Year all! I have 2 desktop computers running win 10 home both connected to a Netgear router. Computer 1 is on a network called "network", computer 2 is on a called "Netgear". I can get computer 2 to view files on computer 1, but cannot get computer 1 to view...
  3. Win10 Folder Share Enter Network Credentials

Win10 Folder Share Enter Network Credentials: Hi, I'm having an issue with one laptop on my home network, I have 3 Win10 devices, they are all logged into using the same Microsoft account. I'm able to share folders between two of them but this one laptop always requests 'Enter Network Credentials' and it's not clear...
  4. Network Credentials Hell on 2 Win10 PC Peer-to-Peer Workgroup

Network Credentials Hell on 2 Win10 PC Peer-to-Peer Workgroup: Our two computer home network stopped working way back and we can no longer access shared folders on each others computers. Both computers are running Windows 10. They are both in the house and both are hardwired to our local network. I've spent hours and hours on this and...
  5. networking Win10 computers

networking Win10 computers: I have two Windows 10 computers on my home network. They are named Haydn and Beethoven. Both are setup to enable network discovery and both have file and printer sharing enabled. The IPv4 addresses of both computers are preset in my router so I always know what their IPv4...
  6. Win10 networks

Win10 networks: How do I delete all networks and start clean. I have three computer all running Win10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-networks/6b48aa52-6897-4521-89df-85c06c4f36d1
  7. win10 network disappear

win10 network disappear: After i change my lock screen's background mode, when i restart my computer, i find that my network icon disappeared. And can't connect to network although my network adapters all exists and the drivers seems are fine. [IMG][IMG][ATTACH]...
  8. Networking Win10 with Win7

Networking Win10 with Win7: how to connect a win 10 pc with a win 7 pc in a local network via wifi ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/networking-win10-with-win7/31128bd4-e0ca-434b-9f02-73990826111c
  9. network printing win10

network printing win10: hi i'm trying to print to network printer but the system says it cant find it. saying printer is in error state. ive stopped and restarted print spooler and cleared folder. The network has been reset but I cant delete one PC and re-establish connection in hope it finds...
  10. Help Please with a Win10 Activation Mystery

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Help Please with a Win10 Activation Mystery: Hi There, I am now stumped .............. Background: 1) Have previously upgraded & dumped a Win7_64 Ult [SlicBios] into Win10_64 Pro and achieved successful online activation. 2) Following 1) & starting with a 'fresh' {OFFLINE} install of W10_64 Pro, whereby I...