Windows 10: WIN10 TRIM for SSDs

Discus and support WIN10 TRIM for SSDs in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I enter the command "fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify" in Commabnd Prompt (Admin), I get a result "DiableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled)"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HBHansen, Mar 14, 2019.

1. HBHansen Win User

WIN10 TRIM for SSDs

When I enter the command "fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify" in Commabnd Prompt (Admin), I get a result "DiableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled)"

The information I found at m.windowscentral.com states that if I get a result of "0" then it means TRIM is enabled.

Which is correct? Does "0" mean enabled or disabled?

:)

HBHansen, Mar 14, 2019

2. Windows does not Trim SSD on schedule

Optimization for HDD is only defragmentation, optimization for SSD may be TRIMming or defragmentation if SSD is too fragmented.

One may say TRIM is OS dependent because there must be someone to send SSD information about file deleting. So, e.g. Windows XP does not support TRIM and one have to install additional programs for TRIM functionality.

Garbage collection is SSD internal mechanism, it works much better if SSD gets TRIM information.

To determine does TRIM works or no there are some third party programs. But please note, even if SSD have got TRIM information this does nor mean it will use it immediately. It may delay it for sometime even for day or more if it have a lot to do due to garbage
    collection.

Igor Leyko, Mar 14, 2019
  3. SSD cannot be trimmed after Windows Anniversary Update.

After Windows Anniversary Update I cannot Trim my 2 SSD's

Can anybody help or suggest what to do?

Thank you.

jaburmester, Mar 14, 2019
  4. WIN10 TRIM for SSDs

Windows does not Trim SSD on schedule

As I understand, optimization is either defrag (HD) or trim (SSD), depending on the disk type. And if I understand Trim, it does not operate independently of the O/S; garbage collection is done sporadically without assist of the O/S, but Trim must be operated
    through the O/S. And, again, if I understand, Trim and garbage collection are not the same thing. If Trim was not able to be scheduled or if Trim did not need to be scheduled, then Microsoft would not have included it in their Optimization Center for SSDs.
    But Microsoft did include it, and appears to not be running it for SSDs even when included in a schedule.

I was asking why this was so, and if there was a solution to it.

As Microsoft appears to have no solution, I will look for a third-party Trim that can be scheduled outside of the Optimization Center.

Thx. ITG

ITgreybeard, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

WIN10 TRIM for SSDs

1. WIN10 TRIM for SSDs - Similar Threads - WIN10 TRIM SSDs

2. M2 SSDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    M2 SSDs: Motherboard: Intel B560Processor: i511400OS: Windows 11SSD: Western Digital 2TBWindows won’t recognize me M2 SSD and I’m not sure why, I went to disk management and nothing. I went to the BIOS and it’s not showing there either. I used the cmd tool and put in the command’ disk...
  3. M2 SSDs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    M2 SSDs: Motherboard: Intel B560Processor: i511400OS: Windows 11SSD: Western Digital 2TBWindows won’t recognize me M2 SSD and I’m not sure why, I went to disk management and nothing. I went to the BIOS and it’s not showing there either. I used the cmd tool and put in the command’ disk...
  4. 2 ssds

2 ssds: Hi. My pc is showing 2 ssds but I only have 1 ssd. How can i get rid of this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-ssds/6eaec8db-61a6-4e48-86da-fe7170c83e69
  5. Win10 Pro 20H2 Freezing even with different SSDs

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Pro 20H2 Freezing even with different SSDs: My old SSD was at 19.5tb writes, so it served me well, I now have a 2 day old 1tb Samsung 860 evo and I'm still getting hangs/hard freezes. I just downloaded 20H2 from Microsoft, I have magician installed and set up, I tried power link, I tried some driver stuff, tried some...
  6. Possible to physically swap betw Win7 & Win10 SSDs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Possible to physically swap betw Win7 & Win10 SSDs?: I have a standalone offline homemade system with a dual-socket mobo with two 16-core Xeons, and a dozen SSDs internally. It has been running Windows 7 Pro 64 flawlessly since W7 came out. My Adobe CS6 Production Suite is installed on this Win7 system (and won't run on Win10),...
  7. Trim

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Trim: Did the trim get fixed in the new CU for 2004? 162443
  8. Is Windows 10 Defragging SSDs and TRIM-ing HDDs exclusive to version 2004 and is it an...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Windows 10 Defragging SSDs and TRIM-ing HDDs exclusive to version 2004 and is it an...: Hey guys. I've just checked the Event Viewer for "Defrag" event to see whether the recent "issue" exists in previous version of Windows 10 (1909). Here is the album where it can be seen that both defrag and TRIM have been done to both SSD and HDD. The events are not shown...
  9. 2 SSDs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2 SSDs: Hello Here is the mather. I have 2 SSDs. One is 250go ( where everything is automaticly installed) and another one is 1000go. I would like to transfert everything on my 1TO because the 250Go is 3/4 full. I saw couple of tutorials about images on this forum but it was 2017...
  10. "TRIM"!

"TRIM"!: I want to trim out ten seconds or so from a 65MByte video. I moved the end stops to surround the required segment and hit the play arrow. I now have the required segment but its file size on disk is 120Mbytes! What have I done wrong? Thanks....