Windows 10: Win10 trying to import non-existent photos from android phone

Discus and support Win10 trying to import non-existent photos from android phone in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I plug in, I see a bunch of "photos", without images, just the default icon thing. It always fails to import them, and I know there is nothing on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by minmatarmelody, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Win10 trying to import non-existent photos from android phone

When I plug in, I see a bunch of "photos", without images, just the default icon thing. It always fails to import them, and I know there is nothing on the phone to import, as I searched it thoroughly.
    Any way I can wipe the slate clean, whatever the slate is, so I don't have to see these and uncheck them every time?
    Thanks for your brains.

:)

minmatarmelody, Jul 23, 2019

2. Access denied when trying to import photos from phone on windows 10

Hi Daniels,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of the phone?
    • How you are trying to import photos from your phone to Windows?
    I suggest you to refer to the section: Import photos and videos from the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/photos-app-faq

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

I would recommend you to refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Import photos into Photo Gallery.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/photo-gallery-import-photos-faq

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 23, 2019
  3. Photo import procedure?

Hi Duanestory,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

We need more information to help you better.

1) How are you exactly trying to import the photos in Windows 10?

2) Where exactly you refer to, when you say " box that displays them has no "import" button"? Is it in Photos app/any other source?

Follow the below steps to import the photos from your phone through Photos app and check if it helps.

• Open the Start menu, type Photos in search bar results and click on Photos app from the search bar results.
    • Click on the (...) Symbol at the top right corner of the Photos app.
    • The icon next to (...) Symbol is the Import icon, Click on it.
    • Follow on screen instructions to import the photos from the connected device to your computer (Android/Windows/other device)
    Reference: I suggest you to refer the below articles and check if it helps.

Import photos and videos from a camera, phone, or DVD

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/import-photos-videos

The above article applies to Windows 10 also.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Win10 trying to import non-existent photos from android phone

No option to import photos from Android

I am attempting to download some photos from my Android phone onto my computer via USB. When I plug my phone into my computer, the Windows Photos app automatically opens and shows a list of all photos on my phone. It says "Select items to import from."
    However, there is no button or option to actually start the import of the photos. It has only started doing this recently, and in the past there would be a button for me to start the import after choosing my photos. I haven't changed any settings or downloaded
    anything in the past few days so I'm not sure what would be causing this problem.

tkl1234567890, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Win10 trying to import non-existent photos from android phone

1. Win10 trying to import non-existent photos from android phone - Similar Threads - Win10 trying import

2. I am trying to import photos from my phone to Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to import photos from my phone to Photos app: Hi, The photos app appears stuck at finding photos. It found 1056 but it will not go to the next stage where I can select which photos to import. Action I took before asking:1. I used the Windows store app trouble shooter.2. I went to Apps & features to select Microsoft...
  3. trying to upload photos from Android phone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    trying to upload photos from Android phone: I cannot make the photos on my Galaxy A11 phone to my Acer Aspire Laptop win 10. have followed instructions via "Settings" to install "Microsoft Media Features Pack " as I was instructed but would not install on my PC, also using a USB connection does not show photos in...
  4. Importing photos from phone into photos.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing photos from phone into photos.: Once connecting my Iphone with USB and selecting trust this computer on my phone, then import from phone on the photo app it says it cannot find any photos on the phone. The photos are definitely on the phone and not on the cloud as when I go into the folders it has the DCM1...
  5. Windows 10 Photos / Videos importing from Android phone

Windows 10 Photos / Videos importing from Android phone: Help! In 12 hours Windows 10 has only uploaded 370 photos out of 1444, it would usually do this in minutes - whats going on? Please note that I am NOT tech savvy. I had gone through all of the photos before importing, which took ages, so don't really want to stop the process...
  6. Unable to import photos from Android device

Unable to import photos from Android device: In June 2019 I imported photos from my LG Aristo 3 with no issues. Now I cannot. Plus photos previously - some are now corrupt or cannot be opened. Was this due to an update and if so, how can this be stopped. ***Modified title from: Photo Import from Android***...
  7. Photo Import from Android

Photo Import from Android: In June 2019 I imported photos from my LG Aristo 3 with no issues. Now I cannot. Plus photos previously - some are now corrupt or cannot be opened. Was this due to an update and if so, how can this be stopped....
  8. import photos from the phone to the PC

import photos from the phone to the PC: How can I import photos from the phone to the PC? I need to transfer images that I have in my Cell Phone to my PC, do I need to download some software?...
  9. Importing photos from mobile phones.

Importing photos from mobile phones.: My PC recognises my Samsung GT-19100 but tells me that there are no photos to import. But there is! What's to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/importing-photos-from-mobile-phones/bbc0dde2-6332-452d-be9b-99951ce6f051
  10. importing pictures from an android phone

importing pictures from an android phone: Which app do I use to import Pictures from an android phone? Using an android micro plug from the phone to a usb slot on the PC? Moved from: Accessories / Other...