Windows 10: Win10 Unable to change default cursor

Discus and support Win10 Unable to change default cursor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Tried to change default cursor. From Settings I chose black, just the default size...hit apply. no change. From Ease of access, tried all nine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pslytely_Psycho, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Win10 Unable to change default cursor

Tried to change default cursor.

From Settings I chose black, just the default size...hit apply. no change.

From Ease of access, tried all nine variables, hit apply each time, no change

From control panel I get the same menu as Settings. Same result.

When I hit apply, the cursor turns to an hourglass for a moment, then back to the default cursor.

I'm a moderately advanced user, no expert, but I never had a problem before. Just need a bit more contrast so I can see it....the old eyes aren't as good as they once were.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: This may mean something or nothing. The control button when pushed, does not show the position of the cursor, it is low and right of the actual position by quite a bit. I never really used it before, so I don't know if this is normal or if it has always been that way on my computer if it is not normal.

Just an update....

:)

Pslytely_Psycho, Jul 22, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Unable to change default app by protocol or filetype.

Hi, I don't have Acrobat installed. With Sumatra as my default pdf reader, that hyperlink to a pdf docoument opens in.. yes.. Sumatra. Changing to Edge:

Win10 Unable to change default cursor [​IMG]

the hyperlink opens in... yes.. Edge.

If, as seems the case, Bluebeam is correctly associated with pdf files, I can't say why the hyperlink fails. Your guess about the protocol may be right- I don't know. If you could make any change to that to test that theory, as you suggest, that would help.

If you wish to view the relevant registry key, a convenient way to get there is via free Filetypesman - a rt click option.

Win10 Unable to change default cursor [​IMG]

dalchina, Jul 22, 2019
  3. JackLevie Win User
    WIN10 change mouse cursor size

how do I in WIN10 change mouse cursor size

JackLevie, Jul 22, 2019
  4. Win10 Unable to change default cursor

Changing default font of Sticky Notes (in Win10)

I recently upgraded fromWin8.1 to Win10 and noticed the StickyNotes default font is still Segoe. How can I change it to either of:

• Arial size 10
    • Cambria size 11
    • Any other font (any other size)
    Thanks.

Ahmad Dan-Hamidu, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

Win10 Unable to change default cursor

1. Win10 Unable to change default cursor - Similar Threads - Win10 Unable change

2. Changing Default Icons in Win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Default Icons in Win10: How do you change the default icons that are used by Windows 10? Search results have been pretty muddy. This just doesn't seem like it should be this difficult. I'm mostly interested in folders and file types (mp3, mp4, pdf, etc.) Btw, I've been changing icons individually...
  3. Some of my cursors keep changing to the windows default cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some of my cursors keep changing to the windows default cursor: Each time I start up my PC, I notice that one of my cursors mostly Working in Background and Busy cursors reset to the default windows scheme.I am very confused about why this happens and I want to find a solution.In the meanwhile, I am always going to the Themes on startup...
  4. change default apps in WIN10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change default apps in WIN10: How to change default apps in WIN10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-apps-in-win10/ad55df4c-4801-4c89-90dd-bbf663bbabe0
  5. Changing default app in win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing default app in win10: Hi, Simple stuff. All I want to do is change default program for .webp image files, so they're opened in the Photos app. Change option in properties doesn't list it, it cannot be chosen in control panel's default app by file type either. [ATTACH] Any other ideas?...
  6. Mouse cursor won't change to default

Mouse cursor won't change to default: I needed a reverse video mouse pointer for my eyesight. So I went to Control Panel->Mouse->Pointers and changed it to "Windows Black (extra large system scheme)". Now, when it would normally show a pointer, it shows an hourglass even when nothing is running in the background....
  7. Mouse cursor won't change to default

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse cursor won't change to default: I needed a reverse video mouse pointer for my eyesight. So I went to Control Panel->Mouse->Pointers and changed it to "Windows Black (extra large system scheme)". Now, when it would normally show a pointer, it shows an hourglass even when nothing is running in the background....
  8. How to change the default language in win10?

How to change the default language in win10?: This problem is annoying. I have Chinese and English languages installed on my computer, and chose English as my first language. but English won't act as my default language. whenever I open an app, Chinese becomes my default languages. Here is my settings: [ATTACH]...
  9. Unable to change default program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change default program: I'm unable to change my wmv file player or the program that I use to open zip files. I'm wanting to change them to media player classic and 7zip, but nothing happens upon switching their default program. For wmv files, I use choose another app, check to always use media...
  10. Can't change mouse cursor. Upon reset: changes to default

Can't change mouse cursor. Upon reset: changes to default: For months - changing the cursor in Windows 10 has not been working. I have added cursor files, saved profiles, - but when I reset the computer, the cursor is the default win-10 cursor. I have never had this happen even once on any other version of Windows.. Are users...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cannot make changes to cursor