Windows 10: Win10 unusable due to lags on both mouse and keyboard (USB)

Discus and support Win10 unusable due to lags on both mouse and keyboard (USB) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I know I'm hardly the first to report these kind of issues, which makes searching for answers a nightmare. (I've wasted two solid days already.) In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BatGa, Apr 9, 2019.

1. BatGa Win User

Win10 unusable due to lags on both mouse and keyboard (USB)

I know I'm hardly the first to report these kind of issues, which makes searching for answers a nightmare. (I've wasted two solid days already.)

In short:

-> Dell Precision M3800 laptop, windows7 pro, DELL Keyboard (USB) , Logitech M705 Mouse (WiFi/USB) ==> All fine and happy

-> Dell Precision 7530 laptop, windows10 pro, same Keyboard, same mouse ==> regularly impossible to use

The Issues I'm seeing:

- The mouse "freezes/lags" every few seconds for 0.3 - 5 sec before continuing to move

- The keyboard lags in similar frequency, sometimes loosing keystrokes and sometimes - on recovery - sending the last pressed letter 20+ times.

Things I've tried without success:

- Using different USB ports. (USB 3) for both mouse and keyboard

- Using a different mouse (generic no-name)

- Smashing my fist into the screen. (No, not really. But I want to.)

- Ensuring all drivers are update. Both via device manager, Windows Update, Dell Update

- Following various online instructions on disabling/removing things

- Screaming, cursing and crying.

As this "new laptop" has cost me two full working days already, my employer is really, really unhappy with me and my productivity due to this issue is <10% normal.

I would very much like some advise on how to systematically investigate what software or hardware issue is causing this.

In particular the "lost keystrokes" and "repeated keystrokes" must be something that is hopefully log-able somehow?

:)

BatGa, Apr 9, 2019

2. USB Mouse and keyboard pausing, then "Catching up" randomly

Hi Mark,

There are actually lots of reasons why you experience Lag issues when using your USB keyboard and mouse connected to a docking station. It could be due to driver issues, hardware compatibility or a faulty hardware.
    I'd like to get more information regarding this so we could further check and provide a more established workaround. Kindly answer the following:

1. Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    2. What is the make and model of your device?
    3. Is your computer connected to a company domain?
    4. What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?

In the meantime, kindly try the following suggestions to isolate the issue:

• Install all the latest Windows cumulative and security updates.
    • Download the latest USB driver from the manufacturer's website.
    • Try connecting the mouse and keyboard directly to the computer.
    • Perform a Clean Boot.
    • Try using a different USB mouse and keyboard.
    • Update BIOS firmware to the latest version.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Gemzon Mar, Apr 9, 2019
  3. keyboard and optical mouse usb

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

• Are you getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps.

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Troubleshooting: Keyboards and check if it helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/help/support/troubleshooting/keyboard/common-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Aindriu80 Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update - Mouse and keyboard lag

My USB Wireless Dell keyboard and mouse is still lagging and I've tried lots of Windows 10 Anniversary Update suggested fixes.

The laptop is very responsive when I first boot up but as time goes on and I load up different applications I get lots of small 5 second freezes and lots of lag.

There is a lot of the lag after pressing the start button. Mouse keyboard and video fail to work smoothly when I press the start button

Aindriu80, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Win10 unusable due to lags on both mouse and keyboard (USB) - Similar Threads - Win10 unusable due

2. Wireless USB Keyboard and Mouse Lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless USB Keyboard and Mouse Lagging: Hello, I have a Dell laptop IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2.59 GHz, on Windows 11 that is hooked up to two monitors and a USB wireless Keyboard and Mouse. I've tried the Logitech Keyboard and Mouse, as well as, a Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse. They both have a lag...
  3. Wireless USB Keyboard and Mouse Lagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless USB Keyboard and Mouse Lagging: Hello, I have a Dell laptop IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2.59 GHz, on Windows 11 that is hooked up to two monitors and a USB wireless Keyboard and Mouse. I've tried the Logitech Keyboard and Mouse, as well as, a Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse. They both have a lag...
  4. Lagging mouse and keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lagging mouse and keyboard.: Hello I have an Intel NUC-7i5NBH pc and I am using logitech MK235 Wireless Mouse and Keyboard combo on its USB port. But I am facing lagg in both mouse and keyboard. Example :- If I play any game , my keyboard's keystrokes are recieved after a delay or if I am typing it just...
  5. Lagging mouse and keyboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lagging mouse and keyboard.: Hello I have an Intel NUC-7i5NBH pc and I am using logitech MK235 Wireless Mouse and Keyboard combo on its USB port. But I am facing lagg in both mouse and keyboard. Example :- If I play any game , my keyboard's keystrokes are recieved after a delay or if I am typing it just...
  6. Lagging mouse and keyboard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Microsoft designer keyboard and mouse - have a lag if unused for a few seconds.

Microsoft designer keyboard and mouse - have a lag if unused for a few seconds.: I have a Microsoft designer keyboard and mouse. Both of them become inactive if unused for about 5-10 seconds and i have to keep clicking the mouse to activate it and press a key on the keyboard to activate the keyboard - leading to an annoying experience. Both keyboard...
  8. Keyboard and mouse lags

Keyboard and mouse lags: This is not a new problem. Searching finds plenty of posts about it but most that I have found relate to earlier versions of Windows. I am using the latest version of Windows 10 on a high powered machine form Chillblast. Problem - Mouse movements inconsistent - can be...
  9. Mouse/Keyboard lag

Mouse/Keyboard lag: Hi all, I am new to the forums so please cut me some slack if this questions does not belong in this thread... Anyway, I have been having some really bad lag on my mouse and keyboard. When I try to move the mouse, it's almost like there is some intense loading or...
  10. Win10 Install on Asus X205TA unusable: keyboard & mouse not recognised

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Install on Asus X205TA unusable: keyboard & mouse not recognised: Hi! (First post in this forum) I recently re-installed Windows 10 on my Asus X205TA notebook using the ISO on a USB stick. It installed without a problem, but when I boot the computer now (first boot after installation), the OS does not recognise the keyboard and the...