Windows 10: Win10 Update 1903 - WMI causing High CPU Values

Discus and support Win10 Update 1903 - WMI causing High CPU Values in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; [img] I had to update to 1903 as a requirement to install the Xbox Game Pass app (Xbox (Beta)). Ever since I've noticed the CPU is constantly taxed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Label07, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Label07 Win User

Win10 Update 1903 - WMI causing High CPU Values

Win10 Update 1903 - WMI causing High CPU Values [​IMG]

I had to update to 1903 as a requirement to install the Xbox Game Pass app (Xbox (Beta)). Ever since I've noticed the CPU is constantly taxed. WMI being the culprit.

Restarting the service does nothing. You cannot (at least I) stop and start this service as it has dependencies that prevent this as well. IpHelper & Intel Rapid Storage (maybe more). I'm given the message "access denied" when attempting to shutdown IpHelper.

I think this is an issue created and will have to be fixed by Microsoft. Unless anyone has any suggestions or fixes?

:)

Label07, Jun 24, 2019
  2. KBranigan Win User

WMI Provider Host High CPU and 2 of them

WMI Provider Host High CPU and 2 of them listed in task manager. I looked online and can't find simple steps as I don't know what some actions are when people speak

KBranigan, Jun 24, 2019
  3. Nick Dich Win User
    WMI Provider Host (High CPU Usage)

The Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) is a regular Windows service mainly for consolidating the device and applications management in a network. By this post, we want to share to all Community members that this is not really the one causing the high
    CPU usage, rather something is causing it.

To further help you resolve the concern, we are providing you a link to a thread with almost the same concern. Cristian, we figured out that this thread might help you resolve the issue so kindly check it out:

Solved: WMI Provider Host (High CPU Usage and Laptop Overheating) Windows10

Kindly post back with the results as we are eager to know what works for you.

Nick Dich, Jun 24, 2019
  4. iangie Win User

WIN10 1703 update cause Explorer.exe high CPU usage

I am using Surface Pro 3 (i5, 8G RAM)

After WIN10 v1703 update, Windows Explorer uses ~30-40% CPU.

If I uncheck "Show thumbnails instead of icons" in the Performance Options, the CPU usage of Windows Explorer reduces to ~0%

Any suggestion why showing thumbnails cause so high CPU usage in v1703?

Thanks!

iangie, Jun 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Win10 Update 1903 - WMI causing High CPU Values - Similar Threads - Win10 Update 1903

2. WMI High CPU Usage 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMI High CPU Usage 22H2: WMI is showing a lot of cpu usage in task manager while in the background. I went into event viewer and saw that it is full of errors. Is there anyone who can help get rid of these errors? System info:CPU Ryzen 7 5800X 8 core 4301 MhzBIOS 4/27/22MB ROG Strix b500-f gaming...
  3. WMI High CPU Usage 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMI High CPU Usage 22H2: WMI is showing a lot of cpu usage in task manager while in the background. I went into event viewer and saw that it is full of errors. Is there anyone who can help get rid of these errors? System info:CPU Ryzen 7 5800X 8 core 4301 MhzBIOS 4/27/22MB ROG Strix b500-f gaming...
  4. WMI Provider Host high CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMI Provider Host high CPU: WMI Provider Host keeps high CPI usage - it persistently consumes around 10% usage, but it intermittently shoots up to 40-50%. The issue started a few days ago - I didn't change any settings or install a new SW - and not fixed by rebooting, running dism and sfc -scannow. I...
  5. WMI Provider Host high CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMI Provider Host high CPU: WMI Provider Host keeps high CPI usage - it persistently consumes around 10% usage, but it intermittently shoots up to 40-50%. The issue started a few days ago - I didn't change any settings or install a new SW - and not fixed by rebooting, running dism and sfc -scannow. I...
  6. WMI Provider Host high CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. WMI Provider host high cpu usage

WMI Provider host high cpu usage: Hello for some reason WMI Provider Host keeps using high cpu usage and I tried multiple solutions and in the event viewer I see thisId = {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}; ClientMachine = DESKTOP-OGAGVQA; User = NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM; ClientProcessId = 9564; Component =...
  8. Wmi HIGH CPU USAGE

Wmi HIGH CPU USAGE: I really dont know whats going on, I think i could have been ratted with a crypto thingy but i have no clue :. someone please help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wmi-high-cpu-usage/d00275c8-e66d-4fee-8b9b-1449b22b17eb
  9. Wmi high cpu and failed to update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wmi high cpu and failed to update: my wmi is taking 20% cpu and also not able to update windows 10 version 1903. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wmi-high-cpu-and-failed-to-update/6d03b332-f60d-4dd1-b26d-0a4c69bae891
  10. "WMI Provider Host" high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "WMI Provider Host" high cpu usage: even with the new update "WMI Provider Host" process is consuming high % of the cpu. is there any possibility to resolve this problem?! serached on internet and it's quite common thanks 29842

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fix wmi windows 10

2. rebuild wmi

3. windows 10 update 1903 high cpu

4. windows 1903 causing fps spikes,
  5. windows 10 1903 wmic