Windows 10: Win10 Update 2004 tanked Remote Desktop performance

Discus and support Win10 Update 2004 tanked Remote Desktop performance in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just finished updating my 3 Win10 PCs to Windows 10 Update 2004, and ever since then the performance of Remote Desktop between them is absolutely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ChrisG683, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Win10 Update 2004 tanked Remote Desktop performance

I just finished updating my 3 Win10 PCs to Windows 10 Update 2004, and ever since then the performance of Remote Desktop between them is absolutely atrocious.

Previously, everything was incredibly snappy and rarely hitched up. However after the update every time I drag a window, maximize/minimize a window, scroll, or even just simple things like highlighting system tray icons, there's frequently large delays before the graphical updates take place.

I further isolated this to the 2004 update because at first I only updated my Plex server and I immediately noticed the awful RDP performance. I remoted into my 3rd PC (just a guest PC for visitors) and performance was still perfectly fine.

I racked my brain for a few hours messing with settings, making sure nothing was killing performance in the background, and realized that when I used a native monitor my server was perfectly fine, responsive, and snappy.

I then proceeded to upgrade my 3rd PC to 2004 and immediately after reboot, what do you know, RDP on my 3rd PC is now total crap too, everything lags while rendering, and while it's usable, it's just an unpleasant experience.

Has anyone else had this issue?

For what it's worth, all PCs are wired gigabit, no Wi-Fi involved.

submitted by /u/ChrisG683
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ChrisG683, Jul 6, 2020

2. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 6, 2020
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Win10 Update 2004 tanked Remote Desktop performance

Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Win10 Update 2004 tanked Remote Desktop performance

1. Win10 Update 2004 tanked Remote Desktop performance - Similar Threads - Win10 Update 2004

2. Significant performance issues with Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Significant performance issues with Remote Desktop: I use RDP to access a very remote PC regularly. It is very remote, has a satellite connection, but generally is 60ms latency and multi MBit bandwidth. 90% of the time its practically as good as sitting at a local machine.I use Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac, and for...
  3. Significant performance issues with Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Significant performance issues with Remote Desktop: I use RDP to access a very remote PC regularly. It is very remote, has a satellite connection, but generally is 60ms latency and multi MBit bandwidth. 90% of the time its practically as good as sitting at a local machine.I use Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac, and for...
  4. Significant performance issues with Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Ways To Increase Remote Desktop Performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ways To Increase Remote Desktop Performance: I'm currently having issues with remote desktop performance. Currently my desktop computer used during the remote desktop sessions is adequate i7-8700k, 32 GB DDR4, GTX 1080 and 1TB Nvme drive, while the laptop used for Remote Desktop is 2014 HP with an i5 and 8 GB of RAM....
  6. Ways To Increase Remote Desktop Performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ways To Increase Remote Desktop Performance: I'm currently having issues with remote desktop performance. Currently my desktop computer used during the remote desktop sessions is adequate i7-8700k, 32 GB DDR4, GTX 1080 and 1TB Nvme drive, while the laptop used for Remote Desktop is 2014 HP with an i5 and 8 GB of RAM....
  7. 10 is updated printer performance is in the tank!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    10 is updated printer performance is in the tank!: Over the past several months ever time 10 is updated my printer performance tanks. HP LaserJet M451s color.Running correctly they will push 19 ppm. After a 10 updated they hardly print 6 pages per minute.The only fix so far is to remove the device/drivers and reinstall. What...
  8. My computer's performance suddenly tanked.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer's performance suddenly tanked.: It randomly restarted after going to a black screen with a blinking underscorr, worked fine for 20 ish minutes and then rapidly became slower and slower. So slow that it couldn't even run a game like Among Us, or even process a discord call. I couldn't even close any programs...
  9. Feature Update 2004 - Broke Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Feature Update 2004 - Broke Remote Desktop: Hello all, I just wanted to mention this in case anyone else had troubles... I had a user update to Feature Update 2004 last week on Friday, and RDP broke completely. We'd attempt to connect, and the connection would spin and spin. Tried reboots, speed tests on their home...
  10. Remote Desktop Connections error after update to Win10 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Connections error after update to Win10 2004: after updating Windows 10 to version 2004 i am no longer able to establish a Remote Desktop Connection. actually i am able to establish a Remote Connection exactly once. But after ending the first remote session every following attempt to do the same gives me the following...