Windows 10: Win10 update broke computer speaker

Discus and support Win10 update broke computer speaker in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home The September update disconnected my Logitech Z337 computer speakers. When I turn it on, the speaker icon says "no speaker connected".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jhearcht2, Sep 13, 2020.

1. jhearcht2 Win User

Win10 update broke computer speaker

Windows 10 Home

The September update disconnected my Logitech Z337 computer speakers. When I turn it on, the speaker icon says "no speaker connected". The driver is up to date, and the speaker appears in Control Panel. Sometimes, the speakers will start working, but next time I turn them on I get the same error message. The speakers are connected and functional, so the problem is in Windows settings somewhere.

I had a similar problem after a previous update, and my printer didn't work for weeks. Apparently there is something wrong in the registry, but I don't know what.

How can I get Windows to recognize my speakers?

Note : under Sound Device it says "Realtek HIgh Definition Audio"

:)

jhearcht2, Sep 13, 2020
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Make sure under Settings>Sound that entry there matches. There's a drop-down arrow of choices. Also, on same page is an option to run the Troubleshooter to see if it finds anything amiss.

Win10 update broke computer speaker [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Sep 13, 2020
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Sep 13, 2020
  4. jhearcht2 Win User

Windows 10 Home

The September update disconnected my Logitech Z337 computer speakers. When I turn it on, the speaker icon says "no speaker connected". The driver is up to date, and the speaker appears in Control Panel. Sometimes, the speakers will start working, but next time I turn them on I get the same error message. The speakers are connected and functional, so the problem is in Windows settings somewhere.

I had a similar problem after a previous update, and my printer didn't work for weeks. Apparently there is something wrong in the registry, but I don't know what.

How can I get Windows to recognize my speakers?

Note : under Sound Device it says "Realtek HIgh Definition Audio"

jhearcht2, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Win10 update broke computer speaker - Similar Threads - Win10 update broke

2. Win10 to 11 update broke OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 to 11 update broke OS: So last night windows decided to update wihtout asking and woke up to srttrail.txt error and an infinite repair loop, i couldnt access safemode by any means.Pretty much tried everything and had to do a fresh install of win11 after it.Now im having a problem that the windows...
  3. Win10 to 11 update broke OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 to 11 update broke OS: So last night windows decided to update wihtout asking and woke up to srttrail.txt error and an infinite repair loop, i couldnt access safemode by any means.Pretty much tried everything and had to do a fresh install of win11 after it.Now im having a problem that the windows...
  4. Win10 update broke detection of my monitor's speakers, but this is affected by the state...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 update broke detection of my monitor's speakers, but this is affected by the state...: Windows now thinks my monitor doesn't have speakers, but ONLY if the laptop lid was closed DURING boot up.To be clear: opening and closing the lid has NO effect. I can open and close it at much as I want, let the laptop sleep, etc. and it has NO effect. It only matters during...
  5. Win10 update broke detection of my monitor's speakers, but this is affected by the state...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 update broke detection of my monitor's speakers, but this is affected by the state...: Windows now thinks my monitor doesn't have speakers, but ONLY if the laptop lid was closed DURING boot up.To be clear: opening and closing the lid has NO effect. I can open and close it at much as I want, let the laptop sleep, etc. and it has NO effect. It only matters during...
  6. Win10 update broke detection of my monitor's speakers, but this is affected by the state...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows Update Broke My Speakers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Broke My Speakers: Before update to 20H2 speakers were working perfectly fine. Afterupdate, not so much. Roll back update, speakers work. Update again, not working. Bluetooth earbuds, no problems. ThingsI have checked/tried. Mixer-Setwhere I want it. Volume is on. Settings-Speakersare the...
  8. Win10 Update Broke My Computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Update Broke My Computer: Hello! I am writing this after days of failed fix attempts. If you do not have enough time, skip to the important part (after this paragraph). It started a few days ago, after I updated my computer, I never realized it a few hours in. My computer kept freezing, I assumed it...
  9. Win10 update broke computer speaker

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 update broke computer speaker: Windows 10 Home The September update disconnected my Logitech Z337 computer speakers. When I turn it on, the speaker icon says "no speaker connected". The driver is up to date, and the speaker appears in Control Panel. Sometimes, the speakers will start working, but next...
  10. May Update broke my speakers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    May Update broke my speakers?: I recently updated to the May 2019 windows update, and my built in audio for my laptop has stopped working, along with my audio jack for my regular speakers. When I plug in a headset via USB, it still works. My speakers were working clearly before the update on the same day....