Windows 10: Win10 Update Broke My Computer

Discus and support Win10 Update Broke My Computer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! I am writing this after days of failed fix attempts. If you do not have enough time, skip to the important part (after this paragraph). It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/micr0-r43d, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Win10 Update Broke My Computer

Hello! I am writing this after days of failed fix attempts.

If you do not have enough time, skip to the important part (after this paragraph).

It started a few days ago, after I updated my computer, I never realized it a few hours in. My computer kept freezing, I assumed it was simply my computer having a rough time. After a few hours, I realized that my computer was extremely slow. I then realized my Nvidia graphics card is just gone. From there I realized that the search bar in the taskbar and in file explorer does not work. No big deal, just revert version right? Reverting versions, resetting PC, etc. do not work. I've tried absolutely everything except factory reset (which I am not ready to do, as I do not want to back up my files for it to simply not work again). From what I know, this Windows update was setting my PC up for the next update. So I also attempted to update Windows again, I get errors as well. I've tried updating in the settings panel, I've tried updating with Windows Media Creator, I've tried updating with Windows Update Assistant, all of them fail. I've encountered dozens of more problems that make my computer almost unusable. Here are the following broken things so far:

- Computer Freezes Extremely Often
    - Random BSODs
    - nVIDIA graphics card is missing
    - Computer is extremely slow
    - Random Applications crash
    - Control Panel is blank
    - Searchbar for taskbar, settings, and file explorer don't work
    - Reverting / Resetting Windows doesn't work
    - Updating Windows doesn't work
    - Tried Media Creator
    - Windows Update Assistant
    - Updating from the Settings panel
    - Updating from ISOs in catalog.update.microsoft.com

There's uncountably more, and I really need help. Does anyone have suggestions?

I am currently on Windows 2004, I believe the update that caused this problem is KB4577266.
    I believe that it is attempting to update to KB4579311.

submitted by /u/micr0-r43d
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/micr0-r43d, Oct 25, 2020
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Oct 25, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Update Broke Computer Need Help!

Windows 10 Upgrade
    According to this list, your PC isn't on Acer's approved list for Win 10. Could you check that?

This is an older PC which came with Win 7. Have you ever clean installed Win 10 on it?

• AMD Athlon II X2 255 Dual Core Processor
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • 2GB DDR3 RAM
    • 320GB HDD
    • DVD Rewriter
    • Integrated Graphics
    • PS.VB1E3.082

We can only proceed step by step.

So chkdsk and SFC /Scannow are ok. But any attempt to reset your PC or run DISM fails.

Is this what you tried? I'm not 100% clear what the above means. Clean install or this procedure?
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

If you tried this, it's possible it failed as you need (it seems) some 500Mb of unallocated space on your hard disk.

dalchina, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Win10 Update Broke My Computer

Windows 10 update broke my computer?

One of the possible reasons why your PC fails to boot into normal mode are broken components on the boot configuration data of your system. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger Safe Mode through the Windows
    Recovery Environment (WinRE) option. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process
    • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
    • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the F4 key to start your computer in Safe Mode.

We also recommend that you perform a system restore after booting in safe mode. This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore
    point was made. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • On the upper-right window, under View by, click Category and select Large icons.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Melowin Mar, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Win10 Update Broke My Computer

1. Win10 Update Broke My Computer - Similar Threads - Win10 Update Broke

2. Windows update broke my computer!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update broke my computer!: Hi, I just updated Windows 10 and now I can't click on apps, the start menu or anything else. No error message. My desktop keep flashing off about every 5 seconds and stops my typing on here. How can I fix this or get rid of this update? Please help...
  3. Windows update broke my computer!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update broke my computer!: Hi, I just updated Windows 10 and now I can't click on apps, the start menu or anything else. No error message. My desktop keep flashing off about every 5 seconds and stops my typing on here. How can I fix this or get rid of this update? Please help...
  4. Win10 update broke computer speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 update broke computer speaker: Windows 10 Home The September update disconnected my Logitech Z337 computer speakers. When I turn it on, the speaker icon says "no speaker connected". The driver is up to date, and the speaker appears in Control Panel. Sometimes, the speakers will start working, but next...
  5. Win10 update broke computer speaker

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 update broke computer speaker: Windows 10 Home The September update disconnected my Logitech Z337 computer speakers. When I turn it on, the speaker icon says "no speaker connected". The driver is up to date, and the speaker appears in Control Panel. Sometimes, the speakers will start working, but next...
  6. Recent update broke my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent update broke my computer: A week or so ago, I updated windows with the most recent update. The next day I turn it on to use it and it started up fine, got to the login screen fine but when I logged in my desktop was gone, all I had was the tool bar on the bottom. When I would scroll my mouse down to...
  7. Latest update broke my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update broke my computer: Within the last week or so I installed the latest Windows updates to my laptop. As I was finishing up my usage of the laptop I chose the "Install updates and shut down" option on my computer and let it do it's thing. A few days later I started it up and it indicated it was...
  8. Fall update broke my computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall update broke my computer: Tiêu Chuẩn Chọn Mua Giấy Dán Kính Chống Nắng Cách Nhiệt Nhiều người hiện nay nghe nhiều đến cái tên phim cách nhiệt. Tuy nhiên họ lại không biết nên chọn mua phim cách nhiệt tại đâu để đảm bảo chất lượng và an toàn. Vì vậy giấy dán kính chống nắng tphcm hôm nay sẽ bật mí cho...
  9. Win10 1607 update broke my customizations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 1607 update broke my customizations: Seems the 1607 update is more of an upgrade and many customizations I had previously done have been reset to their default The first one I'm trying to fix is the volume UI. Is there a new way to change the new volume UI to the old style version? I used to be able to...
  10. Fall update broke my computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall update broke my computer: Hi everyone, a bit desperate here. I installed that Fall update last night and thought my computer was a bit slower than usual so i cancelled it and got back to my original build. Now my computer is all messed up. Launch programs won't launch, i can't launch any program...