Windows 10: Win10 UPDATE corruption; Cannot reinstall due to Bitlocker(have key)

Discus and support Win10 UPDATE corruption; Cannot reinstall due to Bitlocker(have key) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My Laptop updated Win10Pro 64 bit yesterday (Jan 2019) and on reboot, never passed the login screen, without the login box being available. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by pw11803, Jan 15, 2019.

1. pw11803 Win User

Win10 UPDATE corruption; Cannot reinstall due to Bitlocker(have key)

My Laptop updated Win10Pro 64 bit yesterday (Jan 2019) and on reboot, never passed the login screen, without the login box being available. After several attempts to Repair, I wanted to do a complete reinstall. Bitlocker is running and I have the key. There is nothing important on the machine.

The laptop now will boot to the Windows blue repair screens, but no options are successful, meaning they go through the motions, but say unsuccessful.

Again, there is nothing of import on the machine so I'd like to do a complete install. I boot from a Windows 10 iso DVD and get as far as the screen where the install drive is picked. When i choose the correct partition (D0, P4, 296GB), I get a popup that says I must first disable Bitlocker in the control panel, which if I could do, I would not have the issue in the first place!

Is there a way to format the disk from the DVD and then reinstall Windows? I cannot turn off the Bitlocker in the CP as suggested without a successful boot. I do have the key and on a routine attempt to start the computer, the key works but I am shunted to a Repair Windows program, none of which work.

So, how to fresh install on a Bitlocker drive, with the key and all appropriate serial numbers. Data retention is not material.

Thanks!

:)

pw11803, Jan 15, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Jan 15, 2019
  3. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 15, 2019
  4. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Win10 UPDATE corruption; Cannot reinstall due to Bitlocker(have key) - Similar Threads - Win10 UPDATE corruption

2. Bitlocker recovery key after update + corrupted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key after update + corrupted files: Basically what happened is:I didn't have bitlocker enabled. After a security!? update turned off and updated, when I turned on the computer again, it was asking for bitlocker password, which I didn't have, so I went through the normal bitlocker recovery procedure through...
  3. Bitlocker recovery key after update + corrupted files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery key after update + corrupted files: Basically what happened is:I didn't have bitlocker enabled. After a security!? update turned off and updated, when I turned on the computer again, it was asking for bitlocker password, which I didn't have, so I went through the normal bitlocker recovery procedure through...
  4. Corrupted Mouse Driver - Cannot Reinstall

Corrupted Mouse Driver - Cannot Reinstall: Hello,Yesterday, my PC encountered a blue screen of death. Rebooting and Windows Auto-repair resolved the issue, but now my mouse is not working. My mouse is an ET T7. It works when plugged into another computer. Plugging in another mouse to my PC does not work. Windows...
  5. Corrupted Mouse Driver - Cannot Reinstall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Corrupted Mouse Driver - Cannot Reinstall: Hello,Yesterday, my PC encountered a blue screen of death. Rebooting and Windows Auto-repair resolved the issue, but now my mouse is not working. My mouse is an ET T7. It works when plugged into another computer. Plugging in another mouse to my PC does not work. Windows...
  6. Cannot locate Bitlocker Key but have the ID

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot locate Bitlocker Key but have the ID: Cannot locate Bitlocker Key but have the ID https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-locate-bitlocker-key-but-have-the-id/21cd93a3-a269-4f3c-b4d8-bfeb2b2d848a
  7. Cannot locate Bitlocker Key but have the ID

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot locate Bitlocker Key but have the ID: Cannot locate Bitlocker Key but have the ID https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-locate-bitlocker-key-but-have-the-id/21cd93a3-a269-4f3c-b4d8-bfeb2b2d848a
  8. Cannot locate Bitlocker Key but have the ID

9. Bitlocker no key asus not reinstallable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker no key asus not reinstallable: Hi i wanted to reinstall my Windows on an asus. But now it suddenly wants a bitlocker key i never actively new of this. In my Account the link to the key is a dead end. Url not known... Can i get at the Windows Version stored in my asus or is it blocked by bitlocker. Dors...
  10. Win7 key to reinstall Win10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win7 key to reinstall Win10: My PC used to run Win7 when I bought it few years ago, upgraded it to Win10 later as it was free. I would like to reinstall my windows 10 now but do I use my old Win7 product key to reinstall Win10? or is the key no longer usable at all?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ntoskrnl 180530