Windows 10: Win10 UPDATE corruption; Cannot reinstall due to Bitlocker(have key)

Discus and support Win10 UPDATE corruption; Cannot reinstall due to Bitlocker(have key) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My Laptop updated Win10Pro 64 bit yesterday (Jan 2019) and on reboot, never passed the login screen, without the login box being available. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by pw11803, Jan 15, 2019.

1. pw11803 Win User

Win10 UPDATE corruption; Cannot reinstall due to Bitlocker(have key)

My Laptop updated Win10Pro 64 bit yesterday (Jan 2019) and on reboot, never passed the login screen, without the login box being available. After several attempts to Repair, I wanted to do a complete reinstall. Bitlocker is running and I have the key. There is nothing important on the machine.

The laptop now will boot to the Windows blue repair screens, but no options are successful, meaning they go through the motions, but say unsuccessful.

Again, there is nothing of import on the machine so I'd like to do a complete install. I boot from a Windows 10 iso DVD and get as far as the screen where the install drive is picked. When i choose the correct partition (D0, P4, 296GB), I get a popup that says I must first disable Bitlocker in the control panel, which if I could do, I would not have the issue in the first place!

Is there a way to format the disk from the DVD and then reinstall Windows? I cannot turn off the Bitlocker in the CP as suggested without a successful boot. I do have the key and on a routine attempt to start the computer, the key works but I am shunted to a Repair Windows program, none of which work.

So, how to fresh install on a Bitlocker drive, with the key and all appropriate serial numbers. Data retention is not material.

Thanks!

:)

pw11803, Jan 15, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Jan 15, 2019
  3. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 15, 2019
  4. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Win10 UPDATE corruption; Cannot reinstall due to Bitlocker(have key) - Similar Threads - Win10 UPDATE corruption

2. Bitlocker recovery key due to Secure Boot policy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery key due to Secure Boot policy: I can not log in. Asking for recovery key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key-due-to-secure-boot-policy/f08d9eee-c49a-414c-a60a-a7d4cdf1bcf5
  3. Do not have my Win10 product key, have done full system reinstall

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Do not have my Win10 product key, have done full system reinstall: Had a full hard drive go down so am starting with a fresh install. How do I contact the appropriate dept at Microsoft to get my product key again. They must have some system or connecting my windows install/key to all the automatic updates they push out? Expensive to buy a...
  4. Reinstall Win10 with old OEM key.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstall Win10 with old OEM key.: My windows 10 has been acting funny for a while, its running on an ssd but still feels sluggish. I'm hoping a fresh windows install and drivers will help it feel brand new again. My question is, can I use my current key again? I have an OEM key which has been activated. Is...
  5. Windows Will Not Update Due To a Corrupted Registry

Windows Will Not Update Due To a Corrupted Registry: I have been unable to update windows for quite some time as a result of a corrupted registry. Each time the pc tries to update it just gives me an error code for corrupted registry. I have tried to replace the corrupted registry with the backup but it still does not work. I...
  6. I have a bitlocker key id but i doesnt have a bitlocker recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have a bitlocker key id but i doesnt have a bitlocker recovery key: I have a bitlocker key id but i doesnt have a bitlocker recovery key . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-bitlocker-key-id-but-i-doesnt-have-a/499c14e1-e32c-465e-8e4f-79d93fa66e57"
  7. Cannot reinstall corrupted windows store app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot reinstall corrupted windows store app: Hello, I got BSOD during moving Metro Exodus game (Windows Store) to another drive. After the restart, the files were corrupted and I uninstalled the game. Since then I am not able to download the game from Windows Store. I always get "Something happened on our end"...
  8. BitLocker Recovery Key - Not having one

BitLocker Recovery Key - Not having one: I'm doing this on behalf of my step Grand Daughter. She has a Lenovo Ideapad with Surface 6 from 2016. She did a recent Windows Up-date and since then the 'BitLocker Recovery' has been on the screen from startup. Gone all through the process of trying to get the 48...
  9. Windows Corrupt, Trying to Reinstall Having Issues

Windows Corrupt, Trying to Reinstall Having Issues: I finally got my windows boot disc to work by disabling secure boot and booting in legacy mode, but now the boot disc won't let me partition either of my hard drives. My solid state drive gives me the error "can't create partition from unallocated space and cannot install...
  10. Updating Win10 to Redstone with BitLocker Enabled?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Updating Win10 to Redstone with BitLocker Enabled?: With the new major release of Windows 10 AU (Redstone) or even the upcoming Redstone 2 update planned somewhere around beginning of 2017, will I have to temporarily disable BitLocker in the process of updating to Redstone? Since this is a major update to Windows 10, can it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ntoskrnl 180530