Windows 10: win10 update fails at first reboot

Discus and support win10 update fails at first reboot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can't update to latest win10 version.The update fails at the first reboot after initial installation.Then it rolls back.When the rollback is done, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SrM5, Jul 30, 2021.

1. SrM5 Win User

win10 update fails at first reboot

Can't update to latest win10 version.The update fails at the first reboot after initial installation.Then it rolls back.When the rollback is done, I can't access Microsoft Store no login available and have to restore my system from a backup.

:)

2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jul 30, 2021
  3. Latest win10 Update 1803 cant install?

I am having a issue with this update,. I fallow the steps via windows update, DL the update, shows install. ask me to reboot pc. after reboot its start the update install pc reboot several times. On the last time, I get a message saying" Restoring windows to previous version". Then it takes me back to windows, and i get a message update could not be installed.
    In windows update-control panel it shows update waiting for reboot. i click on it and does same thing. after install it restore to previous version. what is going on?
    I have disable windows firewall for time being.
    specs
    Z97 Pro gamer MB 4790k @4.7 DDR3 2400 RAM Win10 x64 M.2 and SSD.

atanas dimitrov, Jul 30, 2021
  4. win10 update fails at first reboot

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

win10 update fails at first reboot

1. win10 update fails at first reboot - Similar Threads - win10 update fails

2. Win10 update fails with Win10/Win10 dual boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 update fails with Win10/Win10 dual boot: Hi,I have an HP Omen 17 laptop with a UEFI dual boot setup- Win10 Enterprise and Win10 Ent LTSC.The Win10 Enterprise is version 1909, and every attempt to update it to 21h0, 21h1 or 21H2 has failed. Error code 0x80242016.I've tried just about every trick in the book to fix...
  3. Win10 update fails with Win10/Win10 dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 update fails with Win10/Win10 dual boot: Hi,I have an HP Omen 17 laptop with a UEFI dual boot setup- Win10 Enterprise and Win10 Ent LTSC.The Win10 Enterprise is version 1909, and every attempt to update it to 21h0, 21h1 or 21H2 has failed. Error code 0x80242016.I've tried just about every trick in the book to fix...
  4. Win10 updates failing

Win10 updates failing: Hi All, After some help, windows update always fails. it will get to 7% and then restart and undue the update noting error code 0x80070002. I have tried deleting the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder Thanks in advance update log can be downloaded from the link...
  5. Win10 update fails

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 update fails: Product: Pavilion Desktop 590-p0xxx Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) Win10 pro 64 1809 build 17763.503 KB5403327 won't install. Every day the PC settings downloads and tries to install this update and fails each time requiring a reboot.. Otherwise the...
  6. Win10 update fails

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 update fails: Product: Pavilion Desktop 590-p0xxx Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) Win10 pro 64 1809 build 17763.503 KB5403327 won't install. Every day the PC settings downloads and tries to install this update and fails each time requiring a reboot.. Otherwise the...
  7. Update 1803 to 1809 always fails, undoing the changes after first reboot

Update 1803 to 1809 always fails, undoing the changes after first reboot: The last time a feature update succeeded on my Dell tower was in July of 2018. Other machines in the household have updated to 1809 with no such roll-backs. Something about the Dell machine is causing the "undoing changes" behavior. The update program apparently knows what...
  8. Win10 Updates Failed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Updates Failed: I just viewed my updates history and see some failed installed updates under the Windows Updates history. How can I re-download and install these failed updates without manually doing it? Also, I just upgraded from Win 10 Pro to Enterprise. By upgrading to Enterprise,...
  9. Win10 ISO install hangs at first reboot

Win10 ISO install hangs at first reboot: Wiped and repartitioned the drive and formated ntfs, made a bootable usb stick with ISO, it seems to install, but when the machine gets to the first reboot, it hangs with the cursor flashing in the upper left corner. This happens whether the usb stick is left in the machine...
  10. First Win10 Startup Fails, Second Startup Succeeds

in Windows 10 Support
    First Win10 Startup Fails, Second Startup Succeeds: After the latest round of Windows 10 updates, my computer does not boot up when I press the computer's On button. Instead, a blue window appears without the dots moving in a circle. So I press and hold the On button to take the computer down, then press it again to restart...