Windows 10: Win10 Update KB5003637 crashes search bars, taskbar calendar?

Discus and support Win10 Update KB5003637 crashes search bars, taskbar calendar? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For several weeks now, whenever my Windows 10 system installs its automatic updates, the Explorer search bar - which I tend to use a lot! - ceases to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CBF2VIE, Jun 29, 2021.

1. CBF2VIE Win User

Win10 Update KB5003637 crashes search bars, taskbar calendar?

For several weeks now, whenever my Windows 10 system installs its automatic updates, the Explorer search bar - which I tend to use a lot! - ceases to be functional will not accept input. Also, the search icon on the taskbar becomes unresponsive; further, the taskbar calendar fails to launch when clicking the taskbar date. There may be other issues that I have simply not discovered.After I uninstall KB5003637, all is well again; as soon as it re-installs itself, I need to repeat the process. Obviously, I don't feel this is the proper way to go on indefinitely.This problem does not appear

:)

CBF2VIE, Jun 29, 2021
  2. I_askYou Win User

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Jun 29, 2021
  3. Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

Hi Jos,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in taskbar settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to show search bar in the taskbar and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Search.

3. Select Search box from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue wit finding Search box in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 29, 2021
  4. Win10 Update KB5003637 crashes search bars, taskbar calendar?

No search box on taskbar Win10 Update KB5003637 crashes search bars, taskbar calendar? :(

Hi Keith,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern about search box in Windows 10.

Please try the below and check if you can see search bar on taskbar:

Steps:

• Right click on Taskbar, move the mouse cursor on to
      Search
      option.
    • Select Show Search icon (You will see Search icon beside Start)
    • Select Show search bar (You will see Search bar beside Start)

Check with the above and let us know if it helps, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 29, 2021
Thema:

Win10 Update KB5003637 crashes search bars, taskbar calendar?

1. Win10 Update KB5003637 crashes search bars, taskbar calendar? - Similar Threads - Win10 Update KB5003637

2. search bar is crashing

in Cortana
    search bar is crashing: Search bar is not working at all after update. I exhausted all the steps needed with the powershell command and it didnt work. I was able to use it before and I dont like to undo the update to make it fix. Please I need help....
  3. No Search bar in windows calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Search bar in windows calendar: Hi,I cannot see the search bar in the windows calendar app. I tried repairing and resetting. No use.App version: 16005.14326.20970.0I have seen other posts but no one seems to have solved itThanks and Regards...
  4. No Search bar in windows calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Search bar in windows calendar: Hi,I cannot see the search bar in the windows calendar app. I tried repairing and resetting. No use.App version: 16005.14326.20970.0I have seen other posts but no one seems to have solved itThanks and Regards...
  5. Windows Store, Search bar, Cortana, calendar on taskbar, Windows Search is not working even...

in Cortana
    Windows Store, Search bar, Cortana, calendar on taskbar, Windows Search is not working even...: My Windows Store and search bar cannot work for a long time I forgot when the problem occured, and recently I found that I can't use my calendar on taskbar, it won't show up after I clicked it. Then I started realise the problem is getting serious. I am sorry for my poor...
  6. Windows 10 search crashes after KB5003637 update

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search crashes after KB5003637 update: Hello,Since KB5003637 update, Windows search through task bar or explorer doesn't work.It seems to be linked to my user profile. It works with another user session on my computer.I tried all cortana troubleshooting with no success indexation, register base,...Thanks for your...
  7. KB5003637 Breaks Taskbar and Search, breaks Feedback Hub...

in Cortana
    KB5003637 Breaks Taskbar and Search, breaks Feedback Hub...: EDIT: I have narrowed it down to KB5003637 specifically, which came along with 21H1.This is a bug report. Since the "Feedback Hub" is broken as well, I can't submit it there so I'm doing it here. After the KB5003637 update, my taskbar is messed up and the search functionality...
  8. Update KB5003637 completely ruining Taskbar for me.

in Cortana
    Update KB5003637 completely ruining Taskbar for me.: Btw, this also happens with update KB5004476Since i've updated to security update KB5003637 and up, my whole pc has not been working. Ive noticed that my search bar, newly added weather bar, and calendar do not open when I click them. I have tried literally everything short...
  9. Taskbar/Search bar is glitchy/has problems after Cumulative update KB5003637

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar/Search bar is glitchy/has problems after Cumulative update KB5003637: Ever since I installed Cumulative update KB5003637, my taskbar is glitchy. The icons are overlapping each other, or sometimes the entire system icons are missing. Also, the search box background color is not correct....
  10. Taskbar/Search bar is glitchy after cumulative update KB5003637

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar/Search bar is glitchy after cumulative update KB5003637: Ever since I installed Cumulative update KB5003637, my taskbar is glitchy. The icons are overlapping each other, or sometimes the entire system icons are missing. Also, the search box background color is not correct....