Windows 10: Win10 Update Killed My WiFi Speed

Discus and support Win10 Update Killed My WiFi Speed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; On 11/14/19, I noticed that my wifi speed on my PC had dropped from pretty decent to dead slow. I'm talking ~1-2Mbps slow. That's dial-up speed. Over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DaveInAZ, Nov 16, 2019.

1. DaveInAZ Win User

Win10 Update Killed My WiFi Speed

On 11/14/19, I noticed that my wifi speed on my PC had dropped from pretty decent to dead slow. I'm talking ~1-2Mbps slow. That's dial-up speed. Over the next two days, I tested it many times, rebooted multiple times, adjusted the WiFi card's antennas multiple times, rebooted the modem/router twice... none of that made any difference. My semi-ancient laptop, running Win7, is able to consistently hit the ~25-30Mbps range using the same test (Speedtest.com) while sitting on the desk next to my PC, so not a signal issue.

Finally I checked the update history on the PC and saw that two patches had been installed on 11/13/19, the day before I noticed the problem. I uninstalled the first one, rebooted, and got 12Mbps on the first test I ran. Now I'm getting between 6 and 12Mbps on subsequent tests. Not good, but much better than it was. I'm debating removing the other patch that was installed on 11/13, to see if that improves things even more.

Anyone else experienced this? And, Microsoft... ****?

:)

DaveInAZ, Nov 16, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 16, 2019
  4. mawil1013 Win User

I want to kill wifi

I have a laptop running on an older version of win 10 which allows me to run an old commercial software program.

So I don't want win10 sneaking an update in on me. I do not need wifi for any reason on this lap, I do not use Ethernet, I want to completely prevent this laptop from being able to access the internet in any way.

To keep this simple I want to kill this laptops ability to access internet!

PS: Win10 is disallowing me to delete the wifi account I had to set up to do a factory wipe and it refuses to keep it off, the connect automatically function turns itself back on. Anyway; rather then fight win10 on deleting a wifi account how do i simply kill win10 and it's insatiable desire to connect to the Internet!! Currently I have airplane mode on, unless win10 is sneaking around in the back ground!

mawil1013, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Win10 Update Killed My WiFi Speed - Similar Threads - Win10 Update Killed

2. Windows Update 22H2 Kills my wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update 22H2 Kills my wifi: Yesterday I updated to the latest version of 22H2, all went well, and the PC rebooted but would not connect to the Internet. It told me there was no internet access and no Networks. When I checked the system, it did not show any Wi-Fi available. I have now restored the...
  3. Windows Update 22H2 Kills my wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update 22H2 Kills my wifi: Yesterday I updated to the latest version of 22H2, all went well, and the PC rebooted but would not connect to the Internet. It told me there was no internet access and no Networks. When I checked the system, it did not show any Wi-Fi available. I have now restored the...
  4. 2004 Update Killed USB Transfer Speeds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 Update Killed USB Transfer Speeds: I have a large USB storage device hooked up to my PC that I often transfer video to. Before the update, transfer rates would almost always be around 170 MB/s. Got the 2004 update through windows update this morning and transfer speeds are now excruciatingly slow, down to ~5...
  5. win10 update kb4541335 killing my pc?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 update kb4541335 killing my pc?: bit by bit since my pc updated with this it has been failing more and more each day To be concise so far - Settings is inaccessible. - audio service will not start - no partition found error on start up - blue screen saying we are resetting your pc because memory management...
  6. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter kills my Wifi Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter kills my Wifi Internet Speed: I have the Microsoft wireless adapter hooked up to my tv and I can connect to it fine via my surfacebook. But once I'm connected, ookla speed test goes from 300mbps to 1-5mbps, making my internet unusable. I've tried it multiple times and right when I disconnect the wireless...
  7. Microsoft Display Adapter kills my Wifi Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Display Adapter kills my Wifi Internet Speed: I have the Microsoft wireless adapter hooked up to my tv and I can connect to it fine via my surfacebook. But once I'm connected, ookla speed test goes from 300mbps to 1-5mbps, making my internet unusable. I've tried it multiple times and right when I disconnect the wireless...
  8. Which of these Windows updates killed my WiFi button?

Which of these Windows updates killed my WiFi button?: I did a factory reset on my HP Pavilion, and my WiFi started working again. As soon as I restarted my laptop, Windows 10 took over and my WiFi stopped working. Here is a list of Windows Updates KB articles which are installed on my computer. KB4{033631**** 022405} The...
  9. Win10 update kills my laptop

Win10 update kills my laptop: After a recent update, the laptop went back to the last app before the update, but could not open any other app except the file directory. Subsequently this app also disappeared and only the file app was functioning. On seeing only the C directory using the file app, I...
  10. An update killed wifi on laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    An update killed wifi on laptop: So one of my laptop's updated recently for Windows 10 and now wifi is not working at all. Troubleshooter has given the error "Wifi doesn't have a valid ip configuration" on every connection I try. I've looked up what to do so i've tried all the typical netsh commands,...