Windows 10: Win10 update kills my laptop

Discus and support Win10 update kills my laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After a recent update, the laptop went back to the last app before the update, but could not open any other app except the file directory. Subsequently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PatrickChan2, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Win10 update kills my laptop

After a recent update, the laptop went back to the last app before the update, but could not open any other app except the file directory. Subsequently this app also disappeared and only the file app was functioning.

On seeing only the C directory using the file app, I followed the advice on disk mgmt and found there were 3 volumes: C vol, recovery and ??(can't remember). However, there was no way to change recovery to volume D as a right click on it only showed a certain word and clicking on it has no effect.

Now, the laptop is jammed on the "welcome" wheel whenever l flipped on the laptop.

Anyone has any solution?

:)

PatrickChan2, Dec 8, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Dec 8, 2018
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

Hello
    Win10: Windows update is stuck at never ending loop ? ( Last Win10 updates in 2017 ). Can't update the laptop. Genuine Win10 on a HP 2015 17.3" laptop that originally had Win8. ( CPU:AMD A9, GPU:Radeon R5 ).

If I download this below file does it manually install the latest updates of Win10 (=2018 April Update) without losing any files currently on the machine ? ( Mainly paid Office 2013 )
    MediaCreationTool1803.exe
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

user33331, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Ikaruga Win User

Win10 update kills my laptop

GeForce Hotfix driver 353.38 (Update: Win10 versions added)

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...vers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-353-38/

Update: Windows 10 (international) versions below:
    Win10 - 64 bit desktop
    Win10 - 32 bit desktop
    Win10 - 64 bit notebook
    Win10 - 32 bit notebook

Ikaruga, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Win10 update kills my laptop

1. Win10 update kills my laptop - Similar Threads - Win10 update kills

2. Updates killing my laptop, again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates killing my laptop, again.: I'll keep on posting the same old complaint as long as Microsoft keep on destroying my laptop and wasting all my time.I use my laptop only occasionally. That's my prerogative. I guess I use it even less knowing how awful Microsoft is now.Every single time I try to use my...
  3. Updates killing my laptop, again.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates killing my laptop, again.: I'll keep on posting the same old complaint as long as Microsoft keep on destroying my laptop and wasting all my time.I use my laptop only occasionally. That's my prerogative. I guess I use it even less knowing how awful Microsoft is now.Every single time I try to use my...
  4. Update error killed my laptop...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update error killed my laptop...: Around a month ago, I bought a new laptop Lenovo Flex 5 with Intel i7 11th gen and intel iris graphics and just a few days ago I was updating it and then it just became unusably slow so slow that my 7-year-old laptop was faster, The CPU was always at 100% even when I was not...
  5. Win10 Update Killed My WiFi Speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Update Killed My WiFi Speed: On 11/14/19, I noticed that my wifi speed on my PC had dropped from pretty decent to dead slow. I'm talking ~1-2Mbps slow. That's dial-up speed. Over the next two days, I tested it many times, rebooted multiple times, adjusted the WiFi card's antennas multiple times, rebooted...
  6. Windows update killed my laptops

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update killed my laptops: In late 2018 we had yet another forced windows update that we cant actually turn off so my laptop went and updated its windows 10 installation and restarted. It attempted to boot into windows but its just displayed a flashing cursor for 2 seconds then a black screen. Despite...
  7. Update killed my laptop

Update killed my laptop: So like many people my computer just updated and is now useless. All of fixes do not work for me. I cannot click anything. Windows +e just gives me that another error "an attempt was made to reference a token that does not exists". My laptop was perfect before this update now...
  8. Recent Update Killed My Laptop

Recent Update Killed My Laptop: Hello, As with many other, the recent update has killed my laptop with Windows updated recently. Here is all I get after the update: I start my computer up. I get the black screen with the spinning circle for a period of time that is way longer than it should be. My...
  9. Recent Update Killed My Laptop

Recent Update Killed My Laptop: Hello, As with many other, the recent update has killed my laptop with Windows updated recently. Here is all I get after the update: I start my computer up. I get the black screen with the spinning circle for a period of time that is way longer than it should be. My...
  10. Anniversary update killed my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary update killed my laptop: Hi guys Comin over from seven forums *Smile After a recent update, i shut down my notebook. Next time I turned it on it got suck right after POST, so all I see is a blank screen. This happens before windows even begins to load, it's basically a DOS style blank screen...