Windows 10: WIN10 update Oct 2019 stopped Google Chrome

Discus and support WIN10 update Oct 2019 stopped Google Chrome in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am running Alienware, Win10 and after the last update, I can not use Google chrome anymore. What is happening? This is the Oct. 2019 update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidBrokaw1, Oct 24, 2019.

1. WIN10 update Oct 2019 stopped Google Chrome

I am running Alienware, Win10 and after the last update, I can not use Google chrome anymore. What is happening? This is the Oct. 2019 update.

:)

DavidBrokaw1, Oct 24, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Google chrome blocked after windows 10 (April 2019) updates

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing after the April updates. To have a clarity on the issue and provide you the suggestion, we would like to know some information.

• What is the error you are getting while accessing Google Chrome?
    • Are you able to launch Google Chrome?

However, the
    KB4480056
    update is installing Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2 for Windows 10, version 1809 and

KB4493509
    update is installing features for Microsoft HoloLens, fix for Group Policy and Authentication issue for IE11.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 24, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

WIN10 update Oct 2019 stopped Google Chrome

Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Strange bug: Running the previous-older version of GPU-Z on Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1 and trying to update GPU-Z. Have Opera 23/24 installed as a 2ndary web browser, and Google Chrome installed as default/main web browser.
    Steps that work fine:
    1) Run GPU-Z whatever version.
    2) Open About.
    3) Click the links.
    Result: Links open correctly in default browser - Google Chrome.

Steps to reproduce bug:
    1) Run GPU-Z, version before latest.
    2) Try to check for updates.
    3) GPU-Z says an update is available.
    4) Tell it to show the update.
    Result: Link opens incorrectly in Opera 23/24, instead of default Google Chrome web browser.
    Expected: Open in Google Chrome instead.

Note: Opera 23/24 uses the same core as Google Chrome.

Please check and fix, if necessary.

Thema:

WIN10 update Oct 2019 stopped Google Chrome

1. WIN10 update Oct 2019 stopped Google Chrome - Similar Threads - WIN10 update Oct

2. Stop removing deleted google/ google chrome Need the fix!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop removing deleted google/ google chrome Need the fix!: Why is there no fix for this question posted by A.User in Feb 2018, see below. I have the same issue and need it fixed. I absolutely refuse to use Microsoft edge. I will never use a product that a company is trying to force me to use. Now post a fix for this please!...
  3. I need help with a combination of Win10, Chrome, and Google.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need help with a combination of Win10, Chrome, and Google.: I use Chrome and Firefox and somehow I am having trouble with google account and Voice no longer makes calls and I think I may have messed up some other things. I need a real guru to hold my hand and let me get my computers working. I also need some advice/help with...
  4. Windows 10 update on 18 Oct 2019 legit?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 update on 18 Oct 2019 legit?: I got a notice while on a PC this morning stating that windows need to update. the screens look fine and are exactly how it’s updated in the past however this is taking two hours or longer. Is this legitimate?...
  5. recent windows update Oct 2019

recent windows update Oct 2019: I recently saw an update for windows10 and I did it and it installed but now i dont want it. It screwed up my mp4s which will not play in color. I am very novice at this and I wish I could fix the whole thing back the way it was. i have been trying everything and cant get my...
  6. Oct 3rd 2019 Update Rollout Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Oct 3rd 2019 Update Rollout Issues: I had the printer issues I saw mentioned immediately, but I also have display issues with my excel spreadsheets. Is anyone else having formatting issues of this type?...
  7. Google Chrome updates?

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome updates?: I am running Google Chrome on my Windows 10 laptop and Chrome is suppose to update itself in the background automatically. For some reason, it only updates whenever I am in the About Google Chrome and then it updates. Is there a reason why this happens? Just as a note, I...
  8. Google chrome blocked after windows 10 (April 2019) updates

Google chrome blocked after windows 10 (April 2019) updates: I have spent 8 hours trying to fix this, that's a full days work (without breaks.) and I am *issed off. I am using windows 10 pro, it shows as updated with KB4480056, KB4493509, but last night there seemed to be at least 30 installing and it shut down restarted many times....
  9. google chrome

google chrome: how can I get google chrome on my windows 10 laptop and set it as my default browser????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/fe8c2aa2-381f-484b-9ce5-cedc9bbd5d35
  10. Why is google chrome showing up in win10 notifications ?

Why is google chrome showing up in win10 notifications ?: Why is google chrome showing up in win10 notifications ? As stated above, chrome notifications now sent to win10 notifications, no user changes and 90% of the notifications do not work. Chrome is up to date and I do not use a cell phone....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. issue with google chrome after update oct 2019

2. chrome doesnt work after windows update

3. windows update blocked google chrome

4. windows 10 crashes when installing chrome,
  5. 2019 google chrome just dissappear from my computer windows 10,
  6. chrome doesnt work after windows 10 update 2019,
  7. google chrome wont open windows 10 October 2019 Symantec,
  8. chrome update windows 10 crash october 2019