Windows 10: Win10 update then Start Menu Critical Error virus different computers

Discus and support Win10 update then Start Menu Critical Error virus different computers in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; May 23, Win10 updated on my desktop with lots of crapps I don't want (Xbox, weather, etc), and then when I hit the Start Menu button, I get Critical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gomer, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Gomer Win User

Win10 update then Start Menu Critical Error virus different computers

May 23, Win10 updated on my desktop with lots of crapps I don't want (Xbox, weather, etc), and then when I hit the Start Menu button, I get Critical Error Start Menu corruption. After a couple of frustrating days of trying dozens of "solutions" posted by many people, I was able to get a beta version from Win7 times. Now this morning on this laptop I get the same Critical Error. This is obviously a virus that Windows Defender did not catch. Using Sysinternals Process Explorer, it tells me this message is part of Explorer.exe. I deleted it and used Run to reopen it. Same dilemma. Does anyone have any insight, solutions, or comments as to why Microsoft does not have a solution that works for this? From what comes up when searching the internet, this has been a problem from a long time ago. I have always felt that allowing for automatic updates was a good idea with one's O/S, but considering that MS is abusing that by loading many unwanted and possibly corrupted apps, I no longer think it is a good idea. Thanks for any help, comments, or insight. G- EditionWindows 10 Home Version20H2 Installed on‎3/‎23/‎2021 OS build19042.985 ExperienceWindows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0

:)

Gomer, Jun 8, 2021
  2. eschap Win User

Critical Error Start menu

I have same problem and none of the posted suggestions work. I did a system restore and it almost works except the start menu is not properly organized and the programs are listed in a different than normal manner. after a few hours when I click on the
    start menu the critical error pops up again and says it will try to repair on the net login, which does not repair the problem. but if I do a restore it will work for a few hours and then repeats

eschap, Jun 8, 2021
  3. Karthicka_R, Jun 8, 2021
  4. Win10 update then Start Menu Critical Error virus different computers

Critical Error on Start Menu

Hi Kimberly,

Sorry to know that Start menu keeps asking for a password and gives an error.

Do not worry, it can be fixed.

It could be due to third part security software or missing/corrupt files or missing updates.

I suggest you to try the steps provided by PaulSey replied on August 21, 2015, in the link below.

Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.

Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.

Anti Virus Disclaimer : Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Here are some things you can try if you’re having problems opening the Start menu or Cortana.

Get help with the Windows 10 Start menu:

Fix problems with the Start menu

Please get back to us with the results to assist you further.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

Win10 update then Start Menu Critical Error virus different computers

1. Win10 update then Start Menu Critical Error virus different computers - Similar Threads - Win10 update Start

2. Win10 update then Start Menu Critical Error virus different computers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win10 update then Start Menu Critical Error virus different computers: May 23, Win10 updated on my desktop with lots of crapps I don't want (Xbox, weather, etc), and then when I hit the Start Menu button, I get Critical Error Start Menu corruption. After a couple of frustrating days of trying dozens of "solutions" posted by many people, I was...
  3. Start menu Critical Error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu Critical Error: I’ve recently gotten my 500gb 860 evo ssd and installed windows on but ever since I got it I’ve been getting this Message “Your start menu isn’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in” it’s been like this for a day or so, any solution to fix this would be...
  4. Start menu critical error

Start menu critical error: Hello people, for about 2 days now I have been trying to fix this issue to no avail.. every time I try to interact with the start menu I get a critical error saying "Your start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in. I have tried booting in and out...
  5. Critical Error - Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Critical Error - Start Menu: Hi, I've encountered a critical error "Your Start menu isn't working..." How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-error-start-menu/96f57669-ca31-4b24-bb04-23afa30c285c
  6. Start menu critical error

Start menu critical error: Hello I have a problem with my start menu on one of the accounts on my pc. Tried the powershell commands, tried reinstaling third party antivirus also chkdsk and many more stuff. I need that account and I dont want to create a new one so please give me a fix that works...
  7. Critical error start menu

Critical error start menu: Start menu not working, cannot access settings or edge, after running update 2004 2020 I only get a black screen with shortcuts but none work & every fix I've tried from what I am able to do has failed. Can't even run repair disc or get recovery to use an earlier date, I need...
  8. Start Menu Critical Error

Start Menu Critical Error: Hello all, In the last 24 hours, my brother's Windows 10 PC has been returning a critical error message (the start menu and cortana aren't working) and asking the user account to log out. We've been through a number of methods found on forums to try to fix this, including:...
  9. start menu - critical error

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu - critical error: When I got home from work today I turned on my computer. When I click on the start button I get a pop up now: CRITICAL ERROR Your start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it for you the next time you log on. The only option is a button that says sign out now. I hit it...
  10. critical error start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    critical error start menu: Hi, hoping this is correct section, (moved from BSOD,crashes) I wish to reopen thread on this subject as the last time I looked it was closed in June 2016. Lately I keep getting a critical error when I try to access start menu. I have followed Brinks tutorial on subject, but...