Windows 10: Win10 update tonight 1809? and everything is GONE. Apps, favourites software, gone.

Discus and support Win10 update tonight 1809? and everything is GONE. Apps, favourites software, gone. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, im in Australia and not very computor savy and tonight my laptop did an automatic update that took hours. When i finally logged back in it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Scrounga, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Scrounga Win User

Win10 update tonight 1809? and everything is GONE. Apps, favourites software, gone.

Hi, im in Australia and not very computor savy and tonight my laptop did an automatic update that took hours. When i finally logged back in it was almost as though i had wiped my drive and reloaded windows. I have now read that a lot of people had lost documents but my machine has lost a lot more and i cant seem to find anyone else with the same issue. There is now a folder on the desk top and it contains a masive list of all the removed items. For example, its an accer laptop and all of accers stuff is on the list, my vpn, itunes, all my canon printer apps the list just goes on and on. When i open IE all my home pages were gone the favorites bar across the top gone. It seems anything not microsoft is gone. If i double click on an item in the list it takes me to the web site of the missing app. I have no idea what to do now? Can i undo the update and get my stuff back? My desk top only has about 4 folders on it now. What the hell has happened and am i the only one. I think my trendmicro is gone as well but im not game to turn it back on. Please microsoft can you tell me how to fix it.

kind regards, stuart.

:)

Scrounga, Dec 4, 2018

2. Windows 10 My Favourites list is gone!

I have loaded up Windows 10 and my favourites list is gone. This is pretty frustrating as I had a big list of favourites built up over a couple of years for work and my own personal browsing. I tried the adive offered by Krishna to Maggie in the forum which
    was:

"I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps to restore the favourites.

• Click This PC
    • Type %userprofile% into the Address bar
    • Press Enter on your keyboard
    • Right click the Favorites folder
    • Click Properties
    • Click Previous Versions
    • Wait for the list of previous versions to load
    • Select a version that was before you lost the files/folders
    • Click Restore."
    When I got to step 6 my previous versions list showed only today. Surely the loading of Windows 10 has not wiped out my Favourites? What can I do from here?

Daren

[*]

[*]

DarenO'Neill, Dec 4, 2018
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 4, 2018
  4. Bree Win User

Win10 update tonight 1809? and everything is GONE. Apps, favourites software, gone.

Photo app is gone

@Lenoveo, it's actually named 'Photos' with an 's'. Is it really missing, or is it just the Tile on Start that's gone? Try typing photos in the Cortana/Search box next to Start and see if it finds it. If it does appear in the list you can right-click on it and 'Pin to Start' (or the taskbar). If it doesn't, try Brink's 'App reset' tutorial.

Bree, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 update tonight 1809? and everything is GONE. Apps, favourites software, gone. - Similar Threads - Win10 update tonight

2. Everything is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything is gone: Hey, today I started my PC and now everything is gone.I still have all my files and programs but my desktop is gone and my documents etc. as if it made new userand deleted old one. How can I revert this?...
  3. Everything is gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everything is gone: Hey, today I started my PC and now everything is gone.I still have all my files and programs but my desktop is gone and my documents etc. as if it made new userand deleted old one. How can I revert this?...
  4. Everything is gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Everything is gone: I think I accidentally ended ‘explorer’ in task manager - all my programs exited. I restarted and then everything was missing - all my files gone, programs logged out like they’ve been newly installed, background has changed, etcTo try and fix I started up explorer again and...
  5. Everything is gone after update

Everything is gone after update: Hey Microsoft, I`ve just updated my computer and now everything is gone. I`m a streamer, I had a lot of settings saved and files being put in place. Now everything is re-arranged without my permission on my desktop. How can I go back? The restoration point is not allowing...
  6. Everything is gone after update

Everything is gone after update: I used chrome for some things and Microsoft's browser for others. As such the histories and web sites are different on each. This morning the morons at Microsoft, which is why I stopped using them all they do is screw up, updated their browser and without my permission...
  7. EVERYTHING GONE WRONG!!!!

EVERYTHING GONE WRONG!!!!: When i started using Windows 10, i felt really excited! Well, a few days later, it already showed me that storage was almost full, even though i started using it. Surprisingly, the WHOLE system tooked up Half of my storage! And now i tried everything to have enough storage...
  8. Latest Update - EVERYTHING GONE

Latest Update - EVERYTHING GONE: I installed the latest update for Windows 10 that came out on October 6th. I just clicked "install" and let it run. It sounded like a mandatory update so I did it. I've come back to my computer after the updates and everything is messed up. All the files I had on my desktop...
  9. HELP, everything is gone!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HELP, everything is gone!: Approximately 7 weeks ago, I had an update that wiped out all of my "junk" temporary files. Since then, every time the computer turns off or I get an update , I lose more and never see it again. I have lost pictures, my favorites, my games, tabs, reading list, and yesterday,...
  10. Notifications are gone - update 1809

Notifications are gone - update 1809: Hi, anyone has the similar issue fixed? 1. Info about notifications... [ATTACH] 2. After clicking... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/notifications-are-gone-update-1809/5df95408-e3ed-4dda-bc5f-88d34025b6ee