Windows 10: Win10 Updated, Now Freezes, Can't Roll Back to Previous Build

Discus and support Win10 Updated, Now Freezes, Can't Roll Back to Previous Build in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; SOLVED: I 'reset' my PC. Seems to have fixed the problem. -- Last night my Windows 10 Pro PC updated to a newer version. The OS Build is currently at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mufaa, Sep 15, 2016.

1. mufaa Win User

Win10 Updated, Now Freezes, Can't Roll Back to Previous Build

SOLVED: I 'reset' my PC. Seems to have fixed the problem.
    --
    Last night my Windows 10 Pro PC updated to a newer version. The OS Build is currently at 10586.589. Immediately after updating, the PC starts to completely lock up within two mins of it booting up. It happens every time I boot up the system.
    I tried to go back to a previous build but I am not able to. There is no such option in Settings > Update & Security > Recovery, and I can't also roll back from the special troubleshooting menu (Shift + Restart). It simply says "We ran into a problem rolling back, etc etc."
    I have no idea what to do. It works perfectly fine in Safe Mode (which is where I am writing from) but on a normal boot up, it hangs within two mins. The only option I see is 'resetting' my PC, but I am hoping there is a workaround this. I will appreciate any help provided.
    Edit: Unfortunately, I don't have a system recovery as well. I have no idea why Windows never created one even though I specifically never touched that setting due to previous experience.

:)

mufaa, Sep 15, 2016
  2. EdAlford Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary update

I have had the update for about 3 weeks now and it continues to freeze for no reason. How do I roll back to the previous build?

EdAlford, Sep 15, 2016
  3. ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics Driver is not working properly after last windows update

Assuming you just installed (upgraded to) the Fall Creators Update (Windows 10 Version 1709), see if the behavior persists after rolling back to your previous Win10 build (e.g., Win10 Version 1703). If the behavior persists, you're seeing the effects of
    an unwanted/unnecessary/incompatible driver update. If the behavior does NOT persist, the Fall Creators Update is your troublemaker.

How to Roll Back Builds...

https://www.howtogeek.com/235474/how-to-roll-ba...

PA Bear - MS MVP, Sep 15, 2016
Thema:

Win10 Updated, Now Freezes, Can't Roll Back to Previous Build

1. Win10 Updated, Now Freezes, Can't Roll Back to Previous Build - Similar Threads - Win10 Updated Freezes

2. No option to roll back to previous build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No option to roll back to previous build: After the last update, my Asus laptop can not connect to wifi or ethernet. When I troubleshoot, it says that it couldn't obtain DNS IP. I have in total 5 laptops here and 2 phones all connected fine on wifi. Anyone know where the roll back to previous build went? I have...
  3. Cant find newest build after rolling back to previous build.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cant find newest build after rolling back to previous build.: So, recently (after the November build release) I woke the next morning to find that my computer underwent a rather major update. After which, it seemed, my home network was thrown out of wack. I immediately rolled/reverted/recovered to previous build. But now everything is...
  4. Problems with going back to previous build.

Problems with going back to previous build.: I was stuck in an infinite repair loop of troubleshoot. Tried all options and the only one that worked was "go back to previous build" that was 10 hours ago. Still waiting with that message on the screen. Loaded windows 10 worked for 5 minutes then when I tried to execute an...
  5. How to ROLL BACK from Win10 to Win7?

How to ROLL BACK from Win10 to Win7?: I've decided not to use Win10 and wish to roll back to the original Win7 that was on the drive. Win10 has the old system backed up to the Windows.old directory...but is there a tool or application in Win10 to initiate the roll back? I know I can wipe and reload or use my...
  6. Rolled back from 1703 to 1607, but now I want it back...

Rolled back from 1703 to 1607, but now I want it back...: The other day I got 1703 pushed to me through Windows Update, but upon successful install experienced the Broadcom issue. Semi panicking I rolled back to 1607. Now that I know how to deal with this issue, I want to give 1703 another shot. Just how can I get it back? "1703...
  7. Going back to a previous build

Going back to a previous build: I have a Intel Compute Stick that is running WIN 10 Preview Edition. I would like to go back to the previous install. There are 2 files for old Win10 Installs, windows.old & windows.old (1) When I started to reinstall it gave me a warning "You Must have the password for...
  8. Go back to previous build

Go back to previous build: Hi, I have the flashing screen that I can't do anything with, so i followed the instructions on how uninstall windows 10, which were great easy to read, but never got to question 6. Choose an account - I only got error message WDF_VIOLATION.. Than rebooted and back to the...
  9. Can only roll back to the last build

Can only roll back to the last build: I'm trying to roll back to the OEM Win 7 on this machine. On the setting page "Updates & security" the options under "recovery" did NOT include rolling back to Win 7. The only choice was to roll back to the previous build. I thought perhaps I would have to work my way back to...
  10. Roll Back Driver to Previous Version in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Roll Back Driver to Previous Version in Windows 10: Hi Shawn, since I transferred my system to the new motherboard, I noticed the yellow triangle on three devices. What looks like a triangle, is missing the "!"->*Warning Same as your screenshot above, IDE ATA, Storage Devices, and Display Adapters(graphics cards). I never...