Windows 10: Win10 Updated, Now Freezes, Can't Roll Back to Previous Build

Discus and support Win10 Updated, Now Freezes, Can't Roll Back to Previous Build in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; SOLVED: I 'reset' my PC. Seems to have fixed the problem. -- Last night my Windows 10 Pro PC updated to a newer version. The OS Build is currently at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mufaa, Sep 15, 2016.

1. mufaa Win User

Win10 Updated, Now Freezes, Can't Roll Back to Previous Build

SOLVED: I 'reset' my PC. Seems to have fixed the problem.
    --
    Last night my Windows 10 Pro PC updated to a newer version. The OS Build is currently at 10586.589. Immediately after updating, the PC starts to completely lock up within two mins of it booting up. It happens every time I boot up the system.
    I tried to go back to a previous build but I am not able to. There is no such option in Settings > Update & Security > Recovery, and I can't also roll back from the special troubleshooting menu (Shift + Restart). It simply says "We ran into a problem rolling back, etc etc."
    I have no idea what to do. It works perfectly fine in Safe Mode (which is where I am writing from) but on a normal boot up, it hangs within two mins. The only option I see is 'resetting' my PC, but I am hoping there is a workaround this. I will appreciate any help provided.
    Edit: Unfortunately, I don't have a system recovery as well. I have no idea why Windows never created one even though I specifically never touched that setting due to previous experience.

:)

mufaa, Sep 15, 2016
  2. EdAlford Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary update

I have had the update for about 3 weeks now and it continues to freeze for no reason. How do I roll back to the previous build?

EdAlford, Sep 15, 2016
  3. ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics Driver is not working properly after last windows update

Assuming you just installed (upgraded to) the Fall Creators Update (Windows 10 Version 1709), see if the behavior persists after rolling back to your previous Win10 build (e.g., Win10 Version 1703). If the behavior persists, you're seeing the effects of
    an unwanted/unnecessary/incompatible driver update. If the behavior does NOT persist, the Fall Creators Update is your troublemaker.

How to Roll Back Builds...

https://www.howtogeek.com/235474/how-to-roll-ba...

PA Bear - MS MVP, Sep 15, 2016
Thema:

Win10 Updated, Now Freezes, Can't Roll Back to Previous Build

1. Win10 Updated, Now Freezes, Can't Roll Back to Previous Build - Similar Threads - Win10 Updated Freezes

2. Can’t roll back to win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t roll back to win10: Hello I accidentally updated to win11, so I tried to rollback. Only to be stuck in an endless cycle of blue screen and restarting.This is what I get:Stop code: SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTIONWhat failed: Ntfs.sys...
  3. Can’t roll back to win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t roll back to win10: Hello I accidentally updated to win11, so I tried to rollback. Only to be stuck in an endless cycle of blue screen and restarting.This is what I get:Stop code: SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTIONWhat failed: Ntfs.sys...
  4. Build 22581 rolls back after freezing during reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Build 22581 rolls back after freezing during reboot: I've been receiving Windows Insider builds from the Beta channel for a few months now, and I'm having problems trying to install the latest one - 10.0.22581.100 ni_release.The update downloads successfully, completes the initial installation, successfully reboots, completes...
  5. Build 22581 rolls back after freezing during reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Build 22581 rolls back after freezing during reboot: I've been receiving Windows Insider builds from the Beta channel for a few months now, and I'm having problems trying to install the latest one - 10.0.22581.100 ni_release.The update downloads successfully, completes the initial installation, successfully reboots, completes...
  6. How can I roll back to the previous build?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I roll back to the previous build?: My laptop with somewhat good specs (Core i7, 8th gen, 8GB RAM, and a HDD) has been extremely slow since the update, it takes like 8 minutes to boot up, and then, like another 15 minutes to stop having 100% Disk usage (on Task Manager and Resource Monitor it says it's System...
  7. Can't Reset PC or Roll Back to Previous Version

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Reset PC or Roll Back to Previous Version: I recently updated to version 2004 and am having issues. I tried to roll back to a previous version and it starts the process, but never goes through. Same thing if I try to reset the PC. It starts the process like normal, restarts, but nothing changes. Everything is still...
  8. rolling back to previous version of windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    rolling back to previous version of windows: I updated windows 10 to the 20h1 updates but there are some issues like loading for too long after pressing the right-click, overheating CPU among others. I had deleted the previous version of windows after updating so is there any way I can roll back without losing the data?...
  9. No option to roll back to previous build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No option to roll back to previous build: After the last update, my Asus laptop can not connect to wifi or ethernet. When I troubleshoot, it says that it couldn't obtain DNS IP. I have in total 5 laptops here and 2 phones all connected fine on wifi. Anyone know where the roll back to previous build went? I have...
  10. Cant find newest build after rolling back to previous build.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cant find newest build after rolling back to previous build.: So, recently (after the November build release) I woke the next morning to find that my computer underwent a rather major update. After which, it seemed, my home network was thrown out of wack. I immediately rolled/reverted/recovered to previous build. But now everything is...