Windows 10: Win10 Updated to build 18363. DVD Drive no longer available?

Discus and support Win10 Updated to build 18363. DVD Drive no longer available? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell optiplex 9020, w/ an HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GTA0N DVD drive. Just updated WIN to build 18363. DVD drive no longer available through explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Flynhokie, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Flynhokie Win User

Win10 Updated to build 18363. DVD Drive no longer available?

I have a Dell optiplex 9020, w/ an HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GTA0N DVD drive.

Just updated WIN to build 18363. DVD drive no longer available through explorer or any application.

Under Device manager, it is not visible unless I show hidden devices. Properties of the DVD drive say Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code 45

I have tried all recommended solutions through support webpages including updated BIOS, verifying no upper/lower limits in Registry for 4d36e965, and uninstalling the drive through device manager. Nothing works.

DVD drive spins up on boot. If I enable legacy boot mode, I can use DVD drive to boot the PC up.

Any thoughts?

:)

Flynhokie, Dec 23, 2019
  2. DeniseJM Win User

Since reinstalling/repairing Windows 10, my CD/DVD player is no longer available

I just performed each step in your step 5) Edit Registry.

None of them worked. My CD/DVD drive still isn't listed in My Computer.

I just performed each of the Methods except Method 2 as outlined at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...s-not-recognized-by-windows-or-other-programs

None of them worked. My CD/DVD drive still isn't listed in My Computer.

After following Method 3, Step 3, my CD/DVD drive is no longer listed in Device Manager, not even when I choose "Show Hidden Devices."

Method 2: Check BIOS setting and chipset drivers

1. Verify the drive is activated in the BIOS. BIOS systems vary by device. Can you explain to me how to do this? It says "If you are not sure how to verify the drive settings in your device’s BIOS, contact the contact the manufacturer of
      the CD/DVD drive. I went to their website and help is not available.
    2. Also, verify with the manufacturer of the drive that the chipset drivers for the device are current.
      I went to their website and help is not available.
    I had gone into Device Manager and updated the drivers for the CD/DVD drive but none were available when I asked Windows to look for them. Since my CD/DVD drive is no longer available in Device Manager, I have no way to install drivers from there. Can
    you give me an addy for where I can find them on the internet? I have a
    Pioneer 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA Model DVR-216DBK.

DeniseJM, Dec 23, 2019
  3. C_C
    c_C Win User
    DVD Drive issues.

The games used to run, now apparently the disks don't even read.

Go to Device Manager and remove the DVD
    Scan for hardware changes and update driver as OS suggests

Still not working?

1) Clean the heads.
    2) Run a diagnostic program on the drive.

Nothing else has changed about your system aside from the OS?

Revert to XP Home, assuming you don't find the source of the problem in steps above.

4. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Win10 Updated to build 18363. DVD Drive no longer available? - Similar Threads - Win10 Updated build

2. Windows 10 1909 build 18363

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 1909 build 18363: Hi all, I have a notebook with installed Windows 10 1909 build 18363 Enterprise This is a new installation in a new notebook I work with screenshot Shift+Windos+S for customize manual, etc. But in this new notebook when I take a screenshot it appears with a SID sequence...
  3. CD/DVD drive no longer works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CD/DVD drive no longer works: I upgraded my Acer Aspire 7551-7422 to Windows 10 and the CD/DVD Super Multi DL Driver no longer works and Acer will not support windows 10. So, is there a CD/DVD driver available to download compatible with my Laptop?...
  4. Windows behavior on build 19h1_release 18363

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows behavior on build 19h1_release 18363: Reinstalled windows due to odd behavior. A few things I find odd have occurred since: all my windows diagnostic folders are empty despite having a folder name looks like they may be being deleted. Two Microsoft virtual wi-fi adapters were deployed despite me not initiating...
  5. Build 18363

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Build 18363: [ATTACH] I installed this update recently and can't find the "recording device" tab when right clicking the volume icon (yes, it was ugly but very useful imo). And I'm pretty sure this is the reason why I can't install Nvidia RTX Voice... Can't find this submitted by...
  6. No WiFi after Windows Build update to version1909 Version10.0.18363 Build 18363

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No WiFi after Windows Build update to version1909 Version10.0.18363 Build 18363: Hello, I have no network or Wi-Fi in Network & Internet. I have tried about everything to retrieve it. See pics: _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows Build 18363

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Build 18363: I have discovered that once upgraded to Windows 10 build 18363 from build 18362, domain users no longer have the option to use Photos. Local users still have the option but domain users do not. I have verified that this behavior is not the fault of a group policy as down...
  8. win10 18363 miss bthhfsrv.dll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    win10 18363 miss bthhfsrv.dll: Hi there, my bluetooth headphone can't connect with my laptop correctly, it said paired, but can't connect. After one afternoon work, I find my computer miss "bthhfsrv.dll ", which caused none Bluetooth Hand Free service in Service List. I have tried "SFC /scannow",...
  9. No longer recognizes CD/DVD drive

No longer recognizes CD/DVD drive: Since receiving the Win 10 Home upgrade my computer no longer recognizes the DVD drive. It doesn't show in Device Manger or in the device list in This PC although it does spin up if you insert media into it. I've tried all the suggested remedies except messing with the...
  10. Build 10166 dvd drive and virtual drive

Build 10166 dvd drive and virtual drive: Hello i updated to this build ( which is really stable BTW). I tried to mount an iso but it didnt mount. Then tried with daemon tools but still no luck. I went to device manager and it shows a yellow caution mark beside my dvd drive and the virtual drives so i tried to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dvd windows 10 nuova build 18363 iso