Windows 10: Win10 updates, now can't go into hi-res display

Discus and support Win10 updates, now can't go into hi-res display in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My son's laptop was hooked up to a 4K 60hz display on HDMI 1. After an automatic update the laptop will only work with the monitor at a lower Hz on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by 3DPiper, Feb 16, 2021.

1. 3DPiper Win User

Win10 updates, now can't go into hi-res display

My son's laptop was hooked up to a 4K 60hz display on HDMI 1. After an automatic update the laptop will only work with the monitor at a lower Hz on HDMI 2. For some reason, the computer isn't recognizing the monitor at 60hz on HDMI 1. If we hook anything else up to HDMI 1 on the monitor, it displays it. How can we fix this?

Edit: The monitor is an Asus MG28U. The computer IS going into 4K 60Hz, but the monitor is not showing up at that resolution/frequency on HDMI 1. If we use a lower resolution (another HD res Ultrabook), it DOES work on HDMI 1. It is sounding like a monitor problem

:)

3DPiper, Feb 16, 2021
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Feb 16, 2021
  3. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Win10 updates, now can't go into hi-res display

Win10 doesn't know my (compatible) display adapter

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below:

Method 1: Run the hardware and devices

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall display adapter.

Follow the steps to update the display adapter:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Double-click on the Display Adapter.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall the Display adapter from the Manufacturer's Website and see if it helps.
    Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Win10 updates, now can't go into hi-res display

1. Win10 updates, now can't go into hi-res display - Similar Threads - Win10 updates can't

2. Win11 can't go back to Win10 !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 can't go back to Win10 !: Right click refresh menu is very Slow on the Desktop.So, I want to go back to Win10 .I used the " Windows11InstallationAssistant.exe " upgrade to Win11, But the system pops up this prompt, " The old system Win10 files were deleted " But I didn't delete these files:Please help...
  3. Win11 can't go back to Win10 !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 can't go back to Win10 !: Right click refresh menu is very Slow on the Desktop.So, I want to go back to Win10 .I used the " Windows11InstallationAssistant.exe " upgrade to Win11, But the system pops up this prompt, " The old system Win10 files were deleted " But I didn't delete these files:Please help...
  4. hi all i have win10 and wanted to look at win7 now i want to go bacl to win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    hi all i have win10 and wanted to look at win7 now i want to go bacl to win10: hi all i have win10 and wanted to look at win7 now i want to go bacl to win10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-all-i-have-win10-and-wanted-to-look-at-win7-now/9b60208d-c052-48ea-b707-7aabe1a4f4c1
  5. Where did my res go?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where did my res go?: I updated my pc to find my res that I always use not there anymore submitted by /u/FoxGamzah [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hraczj/where_did_my_res_go/
  6. Updated Win7 to Win10 and Now Can't Access Networked Computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Updated Win7 to Win10 and Now Can't Access Networked Computers: I just updated my Windows 7 Pro laptop to Windows 10 Pro (1903) and now I can no longer see other computers on my home network. The others have both been Win10 machines for some time (recently updated to 1903) and I was able to see them in my Win7 network (via HomeGroup...
  7. Can't Update win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Update win10: First of all, I'm new here and I'm from Chile (non english native speaker). So, I apologize myself if I'm somewhat hard to read. Thing is that I'm kinda desperated for help with this problem. My computer has been trying to update since like 2 months ago and it's really...
  8. Poor smoothing on 1080p second monitor from laptop with Hi-Res display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Poor smoothing on 1080p second monitor from laptop with Hi-Res display: I think the title pretty much sums it up - no matter how many times I go through the cleartype tuner on the external monitor, the text on it always looks jagged and not crisp at all, images aren't much better either. My laptop screen is fine. For reference the laptop is a...
  9. Help with Win10 drivers & Screen res

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help with Win10 drivers & Screen res: Hey all, Installed windows 10, looks great gotta say! Only thing is drivers ugh. Im on a old enough PC to be honest but its got 4GB RAM and P4 HT 3GHz CPU. So It is running nicely. I sen a post on windows 7 forums about speccy & publishing a snapshot of my PC because...
  10. Strange display res happening. How to solve?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Strange display res happening. How to solve?: So for the last day or so, my computer display is showing the 1280x768, however the recommended res is 1440x900. However, after first starting the system, I have the 1280x768, and the 1440x900 isn't showing as an option. I have to restart my computer, and the 1440x900...