Windows 10: Win10 updates stuck on "fix issues" - low drive space

Discus and support Win10 updates stuck on "fix issues" - low drive space in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just got an HP Stream back from HP, with a replacement warranty MB. They gave me the 1703 edition of Win10, so there's been a lot of updating. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by paul1149, Dec 6, 2018.

1. paul1149 Win User

Win10 updates stuck on "fix issues" - low drive space

I just got an HP Stream back from HP, with a replacement warranty MB. They gave me the 1703 edition of Win10, so there's been a lot of updating. After a bunch of it, the machine is now up to the 1803 base.

The unit has only a 32GB eMMC, with some 28 usable, so it began getting tight as the updates continued. So I did a disk cleanup and I uninstalled MS Office, which alone runs well over 1 GB. With all that done I have some 7GB free space.

Still, Updates were claiming not enough space. Even after rebooting. Even after running Updates Troubleshooter in Admin mode.

So I don't know what else one does to get the message to WU that there is enough space to work with.

:)

paul1149, Dec 6, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Dec 6, 2018
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

Hello
    Win10: Windows update is stuck at never ending loop ? ( Last Win10 updates in 2017 ). Can't update the laptop. Genuine Win10 on a HP 2015 17.3" laptop that originally had Win8. ( CPU:AMD A9, GPU:Radeon R5 ).

If I download this below file does it manually install the latest updates of Win10 (=2018 April Update) without losing any files currently on the machine ? ( Mainly paid Office 2013 )
    MediaCreationTool1803.exe
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

user33331, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Win10 updates stuck on "fix issues" - low drive space

Still having trouble with low space on Drive D error message after editing registry

Hi jthomasray,

In order to help you with your concern about getting low space on Drive D message, we would just like to clarify the following:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the Version and Build of your Windows 10 computer?
    • Have you checked and verified your troubleshooting steps using this
      support link
      ?

Note:

It is always a good idea to back up your data and personal files before performing the involved troubleshooting suggestions.

Kindly reply to this thread for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Win10 updates stuck on "fix issues" - low drive space

1. Win10 updates stuck on "fix issues" - low drive space - Similar Threads - Win10 updates stuck

2. Low on space C drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Low on space C drive.: Low on space C drive. Have run optimize, disk cleanup. Picture folder show 844, yet when opened, folder shows empty. I have lightroom on c drive but all images are saved on D drive. Help please regarding low space on C drive!....
  3. Low disk space on c drive

Low disk space on c drive: I have a relatively new Dell Inspiron 3670 using Microsoft Windows 10 Home x 64 based. I have just started to receive low disk space notifications. I can't get windows updates. I've deleted files and non-used apps, run disk clean up, run antivirus, run optimization tools...
  4. C Drive Low on Space

C Drive Low on Space: Windows 10 EC 20262 My C drive is close to having no free capacity left. After re-installing Windows a few times my Users appear to have increased in number. Originally the C and D drives were one; I partioned single drive to have an OS and a data drive. I want to get...
  5. Low disk space issues

Low disk space issues: I am having low disk space issues, I have no space left on my computer even though all my files are saved on an SD card and i have deleted all unnecessary apps. Previously I was told to delete all one-note backups and change the settings, that emptied around 50 GB but i am...
  6. Low disk space on C drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low disk space on C drive: Good afternoon. I have a windows 10 notebook/laptop that has issues with hard drive showing full. After examining the folders the majority of the storage is being used by c:\progam files\windowsapps @ 37.G and then the C:\windows @ 19.4 GB total hard drive is 57GB...
  7. Low disk space issue

Low disk space issue: I'm getting a low disk space warning and when I click on it to see where the issue is I see that my "other" folder has 160GB in it, then when I expand the "other" folder to find out what is driving the space issue, nothing is in there that has any major space issues. The...
  8. Drive space running low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive space running low: Hi. My local drive C seems to be over 550gb full yet the pc is only one week old and I don't have a lot of personal file. Personal files can only be around 5gb. Have tried running the CHKDSK for repairs but its still showing. As result keep receiving note my drive is almost...
  9. Low Disk Space on K Drive

Low Disk Space on K Drive: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 October update. Windows 10 now reports low disk space on local disk K which is 450 mb with 47 mb free. Before the update Windows did not report on this drive. I have no idea what this drive is or where it is located, but it has been on my...
  10. Windows Update Not enough disk space – Low storage space issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Update Not enough disk space – Low storage space issues: [ATTACH] When updating Windows 10 if you are running into low storage space problem, it simply means that there is not enough disk space on the drive where Windows 10 has been installed. When Windows 10 downloads the update packages, it extracts [...] This post Windows...