Windows 10: Win10 upgrade asking me to uninstall already-removed Acronis software

Discus and support Win10 upgrade asking me to uninstall already-removed Acronis software in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey guys - I am attempting to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. During the upgrade process, I get stuck on the below screen and cannot proceed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lbeachmike, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Win10 upgrade asking me to uninstall already-removed Acronis software

Hey guys -

I am attempting to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. During the upgrade process, I get stuck on the below screen and cannot proceed.

Acronis 2012 was installed and was removed. I ran the Acronis cleanup tool. I further manually searched the registry and removed a couple of entries.

I have tried reinstalling/uninstalling. I've also tried upgrading to Acronis 2021. I've then tried uninstalling Acronis 2021.

Any ideas of where the Win10 installer is finding some remnant of Acronis and how I can remove it in order to proceed?

Win10 upgrade asking me to uninstall already-removed Acronis software [​IMG]

:)

lbeachmike, Feb 28, 2021

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Win10 upgrade asking me to uninstall already-removed Acronis software :confused:

oli_ramsay, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Uninstall software

hello, i am trying to figure out what this software is and how to remove, it is called savingscool. when I click uninstall it opens browser to this link ttp://uninstall.savings.cool/ but it will not remove. what can I do?

atanas dimitrov, Feb 28, 2021
  4. CWCUMMINS Win User

Win10 upgrade asking me to uninstall already-removed Acronis software

Windows Mobile 6.1 . I cannot remove Uninstalled Software from Apllication Uninstall list

This worked! This was the only place left that the offending entry seems to have existed which made it appear in the uninstall programs list. Thanks so much! After doing all the registry editing that was suggested in this thread, THIS WORKED! Of course,
    one will want to delete the rogue registry entries as well, but this is the step necessary to remove it once and for all from the uninstall programs list. Thanks again!

CWCUMMINS, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Win10 upgrade asking me to uninstall already-removed Acronis software

1. Win10 upgrade asking me to uninstall already-removed Acronis software - Similar Threads - Win10 upgrade asking

2. Acronis protection uninstalled but cant remove it from Windows Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acronis protection uninstalled but cant remove it from Windows Security: Ive uninstalled Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office but in Windows Security I cant remove Acronis i cant see how to do it and I cant activate Microsoft Defender in its place.All help and advice welcome.ThanksRegdsallan...
  3. Acronis protection uninstalled but cant remove it from Windows Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acronis protection uninstalled but cant remove it from Windows Security: Ive uninstalled Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office but in Windows Security I cant remove Acronis i cant see how to do it and I cant activate Microsoft Defender in its place.All help and advice welcome.ThanksRegdsallan...
  4. Windows asks me to setup windows hello but it is already configured

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows asks me to setup windows hello but it is already configured: Hi everyone, I need help with this.Basically I reinstalled windows with the option to keep all my files and now windows security asks me to set up windows hello, I followed all the steps but something is wrong because when I finish it keeps telling me that I have set up...
  5. To Uninstall Software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    To Uninstall Software: Uninstall software and remove unwanted programs installed on your computer even if you have problems uninstalling and cannot uninstall them from "Windows Add or Remove Programs" control panel....
  6. I upgraded but system continues to ask me to upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I upgraded but system continues to ask me to upgrade: Yesterday I did the upgrade to Windows 10, but the system is continuing to ask me to upgrade. Why won't it stop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-upgraded-but-system-continues-to-ask-me-to/97f1e909-1818-4086-bd19-8b606402879e
  7. Windows asked me to install an update I'd installed already?

Windows asked me to install an update I'd installed already?: As one can see in the picture, I installed update KB4549951 on April 15, 2020, but then was asked to do it again April 16. [ATTACH] I went ahead and did it, but wanted to know why I had to install something that already was installed. That's all, thank you in advance...
  8. Software uninstall

Software uninstall: I am trying to uninstall Quicken 2016. I am running windows10. I get error code 1721 when I try to uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-uninstall/4a476f38-a657-4ac2-880f-13ee9501abef
  9. Updating the already long downloaded Win10 upgrade files

Updating the already long downloaded Win10 upgrade files: Hi all, Early August the Win10 upgrade files downloaded automatically on my laptop running Win 7 Ultimate 64bits. I was willing to make sure that the upgrade would succeed so I would only install a pretty stable and mature version of Win10. I therefore have 2 questions:...
  10. Woke Up and Found Win10 Upgrade already Downloaded

in Windows 10 Support
    Woke Up and Found Win10 Upgrade already Downloaded: I was looking at the files on my x86 laptop this morning and noticed Windows-BT downloaded at 5.30AM 9139