Windows 10: Win10 upgrade black screen - have hard drive out, now what?

Discus and support Win10 upgrade black screen - have hard drive out, now what? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I tried to updated my dell Inspiron 3520 from windows 8 to windows 10. It resulted in a black screen and i was not able to even power up fully. There... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pg2478, Oct 31, 2015.

1. pg2478 Win User

Win10 upgrade black screen - have hard drive out, now what?

I tried to updated my dell Inspiron 3520 from windows 8 to windows 10. It resulted in a black screen and i was not able to even power up fully. There was no cursor on the screen. When I hit the power button, the hard drive would whir for a second and then absolutely nothing.

I tried booting it up using a bootable USB and tried using a win 8 iso image, but didnt work.

Ultimately I opened up the pc and took out the hard drive. I can now read the hard drive as an external drive using USB on another PC. Is there anything i can do to fix the issue on the hard drive and then install it back?

Any help will be appreciated.

:)

pg2478, Oct 31, 2015
  2. ARC711 Win User

Age of Empires II on Surface 3 running Windows 10

Same here, Yoga3; AOE via Steam played fine with Win8, After Win10 upgrade, I get a black screen but I can hear the game start up. I can't exit out of the black screen and have to hard shut down and restart to get out. I'm thinking its a compatibility
    issue trying to open a win7 shell.???

ARC711, Oct 31, 2015
  3. Black Screen Crashes: LiveKernelEvent Code 141

I did a complete re-install of win10 on a new Hard drive and it still crashes.

The black screen only happens on my monitors that run through the nVidia card. My usb monitor does not black out, however the whole PC is still frozen.

This leads me to believe it may be a conflict between NVidia and Windows, as the others on this thread also have nVidia cards.

Have there been any reports of NVidia/Win10 conflicts?

JayBlackScreen, Oct 31, 2015
Thema:

Win10 upgrade black screen - have hard drive out, now what?

1. Win10 upgrade black screen - have hard drive out, now what? - Similar Threads - Win10 upgrade black

2. Upgrading from Win7 to Win10, a hard drive question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from Win7 to Win10, a hard drive question: I have an old PC running Win7 that cannot be upgraded to 10 because of the BIOS not supporting Win10.I have purchased another PC with Win10 installed, so the new PC BIOS is Win10 compatible.I'd like to be able to avoid having to reinstall all the software that I have on my...
  3. New hard drive, what now?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New hard drive, what now?: How do I install Windows 10 onto a new hard drive I got? My last one died so I bought a new one. Do I really need to buy a copy of Windows 10 for like $120 or is there an easier way?? I've heard of the Windows 7/Windows 8 free update but I don't know how to get those...
  4. Upgrade Win10 from 1809 to 1903 and now RDP screens are black

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Win10 from 1809 to 1903 and now RDP screens are black: After upgrade from 1809 to feature update May 2019 to 1903, when I RDP into my other machines, the screen remains black. If I'm remembering correctly, it did the same thing from 1803 to 1809. Anyone else have this happening?...
  5. black screen now hard disc/boot failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen now hard disc/boot failure: Partner bought me a Lenovo Ipad320 just over a year a This was seldom used, the odd internet search and some Microsoft online games, solitaire etc to wind down. I'd go off to make a cup of tea come back and the screen would be black and it would seem to have gone in to...
  6. Win10 Upgrade failed - Black Screen, no backup image - What next?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Upgrade failed - Black Screen, no backup image - What next?: I foolishly allowed Windows to upgrade to Win 10 without thinking of backout options. *Redface*Redface*Redface I have a Win7 repair disk for the PC from a couple of years ago but now the PC is showing nothing on screen and Win 10 as the OS when booting from the repair disk,...
  7. Changed a hard drive, now Windows logs in but screen is black

in Windows 10 Support
    Changed a hard drive, now Windows logs in but screen is black: I swapped my storage drive last night and now Windows logs in to a black screen and I can't do much of anything with it. The drive I swapped was a 2TB HDD with no part of Windows on it. I did have a swap file and File History folder on it, plus some library locations were...
  8. Win10 updated, now black screen and won't boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 updated, now black screen and won't boot: Hello, I'm using a HP Pavilion laptop, not sure on the specs. The other day an update was installed and it auto-restarted. When I went to restart again it showed there were more updates to install. After a few minutes of them being installed it went to a black screen....
  9. Help upgraded to 10 now all I have is a black screen!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Help upgraded to 10 now all I have is a black screen!!: Hi all my friend has a Toshiba Sattlite C55D-A5120 Laptop 64Bytes and 4 gig memory that was an 8.1 we just upgraded to 10. It was working then now all we get is a black screen. Can someone please help me fix this issue or show me how to reset the Laptop to factory settings....
  10. Win7 --> Win10 upgrade black screen after login

in Windows 10 Support
    Win7 --> Win10 upgrade black screen after login: Yesterday updated from Win7Pro to Win10Pro my old Lenovo Thinkpad x220. The laptop does have the original 320GB HDD and a mSATA 240GB SSD, the latest used as main disk now with Windows 10. For security reasons I never deleted the older Win7 installation in the HDD. At...