Windows 10: Win10 upgrade from home to pro via ms store, cannot activate

Discus and support Win10 upgrade from home to pro via ms store, cannot activate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having hp x360 spectre with win10 home and purchased via ms store upgrade win10 pro, but it keeps refusing activation and dispatching error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NebojsaRistic, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Win10 upgrade from home to pro via ms store, cannot activate

Hello,

I'm having hp x360 spectre with win10 home and purchased via ms store upgrade win10 pro, but it keeps refusing activation and dispatching error codes. I tried to reset installation...etc....really mess. But eventually I'll get it all back and running, but still cannot activate win10 pro.

see attach

Win10 upgrade from home to pro via ms store, cannot activate 26dced7f-b293-4d57-9d04-6500e9177adb?upload=true.jpg

:)

NebojsaRistic, Aug 6, 2019

2. Win10 Pro

Hi, I bought a Win10 upgrade license on my old laptop. At the time I had a lot of issues upgrading the OEM Win10 Home as the upgrade purchase didn;t come with a product key. After lots of phone calls with MS they eventually provided me with a product key
    and the laptop was upgraded to Win10 Pro.

I now have a new laptop and still require the Pro functionality. Following the steps here (which also tells me my Win10 Pro upgrade license is transferrable):

How to Transfer your Windows 10 License to a New Computer

the OEMWin10 upgrade from home to pro via ms store, cannot activate :DM Win10 Home didn't upgrade using the MediaCreationTool (it just offers to install Win10 Home), and the System > Upgrade and Settings > Activation upgrade function doesn't accept the product key I've purchased.

Any help would be appreciated - although useful Win10 is awful to upgrade and MS seem to have deprecatated a lot of their contact options.

FractalMonkey, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 6, 2019
  4. .logan Win User

Win10 upgrade from home to pro via ms store, cannot activate

Bought win10 pro upgrade from Microsoft store but unable to activate.

Hi, i have win 10 home and wanted to upgrade to pro so I bought win10 pro from the microsoft store but after updating my system it will not active. It states no valid key or digital license. But I bought this from Microsoft store the email did not have
    key. I tried the the troubleshoot option but it did not work it says no internet connection but I am connected to the internet. I going to reset my pc completely now to see if that will work. Can you offer any advise?

.logan, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Win10 upgrade from home to pro via ms store, cannot activate

1. Win10 upgrade from home to pro via ms store, cannot activate - Similar Threads - Win10 upgrade home

2. Purchased Win10 Pro Upgrade from store, will not activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Purchased Win10 Pro Upgrade from store, will not activate: The computer came with Win10 Home. I purchased a Win10 Pro upgrade from the Miicrosoft store. Now on the activation page it states I have Windows 10 Enterprisewhich I did not purchase - I purchase Windows 10 Professional upgrade. It also states "We can't activate Windows on...
  3. win10 pro upgrade from win10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 pro upgrade from win10 home: I'm upgrading my home edition to pro which I have done before with other win10 home pc's, don't need or want the hassle of a new install. I got a win10 pro, its the full pkg, with an install cd. first I did the change key with the generic win 10 pro key, reboot, and then...
  4. Upgrade from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: I just completed an upgrade from Win10 Home to Pro. I paid $99 to do this.Everything seemed to be going well, but right at the end, the upgrade terminated giving me an error 0X80070005. My PC was "frozen," so I rebooted.On the reboot, the system went through several rounds of...
  5. Upgrade and activate win10 home to Pro

Upgrade and activate win10 home to Pro: When I built my PC I installed Win10 home on it, but have decided I want win10 pro. So, I have bought a win10 pro key, but it is not working. I get the error: The product key that you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one....
  6. MS Store Error for Upgrading Win10 Home to Pro.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Store Error for Upgrading Win10 Home to Pro.: [ATTACH] Microsoft Windows - what cause this error message? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-store-error-for-upgrading-win10-home-to-pro/3676f8f5-3f88-4230-a3cc-9ea34d225fec
  7. Upgrading Win10 Home (activated) to Pro (not activated)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading Win10 Home (activated) to Pro (not activated): Hi! I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10 Home activated with a digital license connected to my Microsoft account. I’d like to upgrade to Pro but as I don’t have the money for a new product key I’d like to keep it non-activated. I don’t mind sacrificing personalization...
  8. Upgraded via store from windows 10 home to pro and cant activate

Upgraded via store from windows 10 home to pro and cant activate: Right i decided to upgrade my Dell Xps laptop from home to pro via the store which didn't take long at all. After reboot if i go to activation it now shows as enterprise and not activated. The troubleshoot box says it cant find a internet connection. Also I've looked at...
  9. Upgrade Win 10 Home to Pro via the Store. Not activated

Upgrade Win 10 Home to Pro via the Store. Not activated: I have a HP Laptop that had an activated Win 10 Home (1809). Today I went via the upgrade process and purchased a Pro license. It seemed to install ok but now the system says it has Windows Enterprise (not Pro) and it isn't activated. In the Activation panel there is error...
  10. Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade via Windows Store Not Activating

Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade via Windows Store Not Activating: Hi, I purchased the upgrade for Windows Pro in the Windows Store for $99. The system reset and did it's thing, all is well. However, the product is not activated. A "Activate Windows" watermark is displayed on the screen. In Settings > Activation there is a message in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot activate windows 10 home store upgrade to pro