Windows 10: win10 upgrade impacting display

Discus and support win10 upgrade impacting display in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This problem is about display of software function after a windows 10 upgrade. Background. I've been a long time user of windows 7, and on that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Davidk03, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Davidk03 Win User

win10 upgrade impacting display

This problem is about display of software function after a windows 10 upgrade.

Background.

I've been a long time user of windows 7, and on that desktop platform I have 3 versions of Corel's Video studio Ultimate installed. They've all worked well, until I did an in-place upgrade to windows 10 on 2 Dec 2019.

Situation

Since the upgrade, all the applications on the desktop and all the ones I've tried from folders have started OK, including video studio. However in the VS case, when I select a Share mode that should enable render of an open project file, the display does not respond correctly. A pane half opens and hangs. The normal response is for the share pane to open fully within 2-3 sec. Now, every VS version hangs at the same place and function.

Troubleshooting

I've re-installed all of the VS versions the same ones that worked on the same platform under windows 7 twice, including the last time a really vigorous clean-up of all the elements and associated sub-programs, each version clean-up involving a windows uninstall, use of the Corel clean-up tool, and removal of all the files/folders. Re-boot, followed by a re-install, and then test. On 1st open, with a short project clip, selecting the Share panel opens quickly in 2-3sec. Thereafter it just hangs on the same function - give up and kill it using task manager after 30+sec. Re-install again, same result.

I have screen captured clips showing what should happen, and what now does happen. Since you don't allow .wmv files, I've extracted jpg images to illustrate attached.

this is the display of what does happen

win10 upgrade impacting display 7911812d-9587-45ee-9264-da780989910d?upload=true.jpg

and this is the display of what should happen

win10 upgrade impacting display 4e299edb-2623-4bc9-ad4f-b8923ae337dd?upload=true.jpg

How could an upgrade to windows 10 give this result? Not an application issue - 3 versions all have the same result and each one has been re-installed under windows 10 home v1909 several times. I assume - since the display is involved - that it's a display issue, but that's only an assumption. I've chosen the topic which seems to fit the situation . . . .

I have a 2 week old full system backup of the windows7 platform I can revert to, but I'd rather solve this win10 issue.

:)

Davidk03, Dec 19, 2019

2. Win10 doesn't know my (compatible) display adapter

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below:

Method 1: Run the hardware and devices

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall display adapter.

Follow the steps to update the display adapter:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Double-click on the Display Adapter.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall the Display adapter from the Manufacturer's Website and see if it helps.
    Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Windows Upgrade and display problems

Hello Mark,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with display after upgrading to Windows 10. We will certainly help you.

This issue generally occurs due to corrupted or faulty device drivers on your system. Let's try updating the drivers and check if it helps to resolve the issue:

Step 1: I would suggest you to update your graphic card drivers and check if it helps.

You can update drivers from the Device Manager.

• Right click on Start Menu and click on Device manager.
      • Select and expand Display adapter.
      • Right click on the Display device and select Update driver.

Step 2: If the issue still persists,
    uninstall and reinstall Graphic drivers.

• Press Windows key + R key.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press
      Enter
    • In device manager go to display adapter.
    • Right click and uninstall.
    After you uninstall the drives, I suggest you to reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturing website and check.

For reference:

How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know the result. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 19, 2019
  4. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

1. win10 upgrade impacting display - Similar Threads - win10 upgrade impacting

2. Genshin impact

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Genshin impact: Hello everyone..I'm Daim.. I play a game called Genshin... And the problem I'm facing is that whenever I fullscreen1680x1050my game..it colors changes.. Even though my PC recommend this resolution...I don't know why this is happening..if less my resolution then the colors get...
  3. Genshin Impact

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Genshin Impact: Is my genshin impact account still safe if i stay on windows 10 and never upgrade to windows 11? But someone says "No. If you are running the game on an unsupported, outdated, or end of support system, you will always run the risk of losing not only your Genshin account, but...
  4. Startup impact not being measured after upgrading to 2004.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Startup impact not being measured after upgrading to 2004.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Saikat0511 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i8tw9v/startup_impact_not_being_measured_after_upgrading/
  5. Impact of using Visual C++ Redistributables: win7 and win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Impact of using Visual C++ Redistributables: win7 and win10: This is a story about the impact/issues of Visual C++ redistributables in a win10 upgrade. And a request about ameliorating an issue. I use Corel Video Studio VS: a video editor program extensively. Each version a new one annually, 2 or 3 service packs in between makes...
  6. Upgrading win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading win10: Created new install after failure. Everything was fine until the upgrade to 1909. Now on startup, the first start screen shows but the second does not. When I click and get the PIN screen the field is grayed out and will not take the pin....
  7. win10 upgrade

win10 upgrade: Me hi, i would like to upgrade one of our business pc s which run win7 pro to win10 in order to test and verify if some of the 3rd party apps which we use will run properly. we have office including access on the computer. how do i get the win 10 download and how do i get the...
  8. Upgrading to Win10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading to Win10: I have several related questions, so I'm hoping someone can answer at least part of them. Here's my situation: I have Win7 (ultimate retail) installed as my primary OS. I am hesitant to use this particular license to upgrade to Win10. I have a Win8 Pro (upgrade) license,...
  9. Photos display in Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos display in Win10: I have been told that Windows Photo Viewer is not active in Win10 and that registry entry is required yet I have just been viewing old photos and Photo Viewer is set as the default. When I come to view newer images it reverts to the standard ? I don't understand? Even when I...
  10. Upgrade WIN10?

Upgrade WIN10?: I have installed Win10. I got Win10Home 32 bit. I'm pretty sure I had 64bit Win8.1 but it's gone now so I can't check. Is it possible to upgrade to Win10 Pro 64bit? John 22961