Windows 10: Win10 upgrade... now Office apps not showing pasted / imported images

Discus and support Win10 upgrade... now Office apps not showing pasted / imported images in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I upgraded my Win 7 PC to Win 10 a week or so ago. Now, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, and Visio (all 2016) are not properly displaying pasted or imported... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by MrZork, Aug 12, 2020.

1. MrZork Win User

Win10 upgrade... now Office apps not showing pasted / imported images

I upgraded my Win 7 PC to Win 10 a week or so ago. Now, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, and Visio (all 2016) are not properly displaying pasted or imported images. Either the image does not show at all or it shows them for a brief time and then it becomes garbled with what look like text and icons from the toolbar. It does not seem to matter if the image is imported using Insert → Picture or copied and pasted. I have had somewhat better luck saving an image as a file and then dragging and dropping the file onto the Word doc.

I have checked and this is affecting Visio, Outlook, and Powerpoint as well. I have not seen this in any non-MS software. (Things seem to work fine in OneNote.)

BTW, the issues seems to be with display in Office apps on this PC, not with the images not actually making it into the app. For instance, if I create a PDF from the document, Acrobat shows everything fine. If I send the doc to another Win10 PC, everything is fine.

For instance, here's what shows up when I try to use Insert → Picture the TenForums logo into a new Word document. Note that I haven't entered any text in the doc; everything one sees are garbled artifacts of the botched image display:

Win10 upgrade... now Office apps not showing pasted / imported images [​IMG]

Basic Info:

Microsoft Windows 10 Home, Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.388)
    Product: Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016
    For Word 2016: (16.0.5032.1000) MSO (16.0.5032.1000)
    Word is in Print Layout mode, though the same issue persists in Read mode or Web mode.

Windows and Office are updated.

My video drivers are up to date.

In the Word/Office Settings:
    Advanced → Show document content → "Show background colors and images in Print Layout view" is checked.
    Advanced → Show document content → "Show picture placeholders" is unchecked.
    Advanced → Show document content → "Show drawings and text boxes on screen" is checked.
    Advanced → Print-> "Use draft quiality" is unchecked.
    Display → Printing options → "Print drawings created in Word" is checked
    Opening the Office app (I tested with Word) in safe mode does not help.

I have tried to Repair an Office application, but it did not help.

I have not uninstalled Office and tried re-installing it because the last time I did that, I had to have IT help to get everything validated and working.

:)

MrZork, Aug 12, 2020
  2. MrZork Win User

I upgraded my Win 7 PC to Win 10 a week or so ago. Now, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, and Visio (all 2016) are not properly displaying pasted or imported images. Either the image does not show at all or it shows them for a brief time and then it becomes garbled with what look like text and icons from the toolbar. It does not seem to matter if the image is imported using Insert → Picture or copied and pasted. I have had somewhat better luck saving an image as a file and then dragging and dropping the file onto the Word doc.

I have checked and this is affecting Visio, Outlook, and Powerpoint as well. I have not seen this in any non-MS software. (Things seem to work fine in OneNote.)

BTW, the issues seems to be with display in Office apps on this PC, not with the images not actually making it into the app. For instance, if I create a PDF from the document, Acrobat shows everything fine. If I send the doc to another Win10 PC, everything is fine.

For instance, here's what shows up when I try to use Insert → Picture the TenForums logo into a new Word document. Note that I haven't entered any text in the doc; everything one sees are garbled artifacts of the botched image display:

Win10 upgrade... now Office apps not showing pasted / imported images [​IMG]

Basic Info:

Microsoft Windows 10 Home, Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.388)
    Product: Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016
    For Word 2016: (16.0.5032.1000) MSO (16.0.5032.1000)
    Word is in Print Layout mode, though the same issue persists in Read mode or Web mode.

Windows and Office are updated.

My video drivers are up to date.

In the Word/Office Settings:
    Advanced → Show document content → "Show background colors and images in Print Layout view" is checked.
    Advanced → Show document content → "Show picture placeholders" is unchecked.
    Advanced → Show document content → "Show drawings and text boxes on screen" is checked.
    Advanced → Print-> "Use draft quiality" is unchecked.
    Display → Printing options → "Print drawings created in Word" is checked
    Opening the Office app (I tested with Word) in safe mode does not help.

I have tried to Repair an Office application, but it did not help.

I have not uninstalled Office and tried re-installing it because the last time I did that, I had to have IT help to get everything validated and working.

MrZork, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Win10 upgrade... now Office apps not showing pasted / imported images

[HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Win10 upgrade... now Office apps not showing pasted / imported images - Similar Threads - Win10 upgrade Office

2. Importing photos is not showing images only file names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Importing photos is not showing images only file names: I have been importing photos from my iPhone 7 to laptop now running Windows 10 for years. I see Microsoft have now changed messed around with the photos app. When I connected my USB cable high speed working fine to my laptop on this occasion, none of the photos were indexed...
  3. Importing photos is not showing images only file names

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing photos is not showing images only file names: I have been importing photos from my iPhone 7 to laptop now running Windows 10 for years. I see Microsoft have now changed messed around with the photos app. When I connected my USB cable high speed working fine to my laptop on this occasion, none of the photos were indexed...
  4. Import URL calendars in Win10 calendar app

Import URL calendars in Win10 calendar app: Hi there, I'm using Win10 and have a question about it's calendar functionality. For my personal calendar I use Google, and for work I'm using Asanas calendarexport-URL to display them in Google calendar. When I import the Google account into Win10, I only get the main...
  5. Importing Images to Photos App

Importing Images to Photos App: Winver: 1909 (18363.1256) I am new to Win 10. I want to import an image from the desktop into the Photos app to edit it, but can't figure out how to do so. 171083
  6. Copy and Paste Images Broken on all Office 2016 Programs

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Copy and Paste Images Broken on all Office 2016 Programs: I have come across a strange problem with trying to copy an image into all of the office 2016 programs. When you paste an image into Word for example. I only get some random image/text combanation. (See image) [img] This is a problem for all users on the PC, including any...
  7. Copy and Paste Images Broken on all Office 2016 Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy and Paste Images Broken on all Office 2016 Programs: I have come across a strange problem with trying to copy an image into all of the office 2016 programs. When you paste an image into Word for example. I only get some random image/text combanation. (See image) [img] This is a problem for all users on the PC, including any...
  8. Import images?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Import images?: Hello, i have an Acer laptop running windows 10. i would like to import my pictures and videos from my phone but it does not work. I've imported pictures and videos from my iPhone many times but since about a year ago this doesn't work anymore and I don't know why. Can...
  9. After Win10 upgrade now the computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After Win10 upgrade now the computer: After upgrading my Desktop PC to Windows 10 Pro I decided to upgrade a few things on my self build desktop box. I had an old GSkull SSD 120GB as C: running just OS and some programs.I bought a new Samsung EVO 860 SSD 250GB drive for $49. The Samsung Migration software worked...
  10. Camera app not showing image

Camera app not showing image: The camera app on Windows 10 is not showing any image despite the camera is turned on (light next to the camera). Any suggestions on how to solve this problem? Screenshot of the camera app is attached. [ATTACH]...