Windows 10: Win10 upgrade on old PC

Discus and support Win10 upgrade on old PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Okay, here's one out of left field for you guys. I have an Intel Pentium 4 Northwood sl6wk (Yes I am aware that Jesus owned a computer running the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JakefromstatefarmWB, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Win10 upgrade on old PC

Okay, here's one out of left field for you guys.

I have an Intel Pentium 4 Northwood sl6wk

(Yes I am aware that Jesus owned a computer running the same)

It meets all the Win10 requirements with flying colors though and is a very fast CPU even by today's standards. I would like to upgrade it from Windows XP not because I have to, I already have a few Win10 units. It's just for the fun of trying.

My question is some of the old Intel P4's didn't support NX bit technology (wasn't invented yet), but unfortunately Intel Ark can't give me a straight answer whether I support it or no.

My question is this-

Can a Northwood CPU support a 32bit install of Windows 10, either a regular one or with a patch? And if so, what patch?

:)

JakefromstatefarmWB, Feb 1, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Feb 1, 2019
  3. ABDLondon Win User
    Upgrading to Win10 after uninstalling once

My Dad upgraded his 1 year old Dell PC from Win 8.1 to Win10. He was having an issue (which in the end had nothing to do with the OS) and Dell walked him through how the roll the PC back to Win8.1. Now he's trying to upgrade again. He got a pop
    up notice and says he walked through the steps and got a message that the OS upgrade was successful. He rebooted as instructed but is still running Win 8.1. Is there an issue because he upgraded once, rolled back to 8.1 and is now trying to move up to
    10 again? Suggestions welcome

ABDLondon, Feb 1, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Win10 upgrade on old PC

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas (& Upgrade!)

Dear Santa,

I want to upgrade my primary PC this year, my MB/CPU is almost 5 years old now, and I've got the upgrade itch.

It's going to be built around an unlocked Ivy Bridge CPU, namely the 3770k

But first, I've got a few questions for you:

• What chipsets support that CPU? I think the X79 and X77?
    • Is the 3770k going to be replaced with a better model, better stepping, etc in 2012 or early 2013?
    Oh and is the world going to end in Dec 2012?

Thx,
    Little Johnny

Sasqui, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

Win10 upgrade on old PC

1. Win10 upgrade on old PC - Similar Threads - Win10 upgrade old

2. Upgrading old Windows computer to Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading old Windows computer to Win10: When I thought my ASUS laptop began having problem after problem, I purchased a new Dell laptop on QVC. Then my brother-in-law repaired my ASUS so I stuck with it totally forgetting about the Dell. Crazy, I know. Then a month ago the ASUS finally died, and I dug out the QVC...
  3. Upgrading old Windows computer to Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading old Windows computer to Win10: When I thought my ASUS laptop began having problem after problem, I purchased a new Dell laptop on QVC. Then my brother-in-law repaired my ASUS so I stuck with it totally forgetting about the Dell. Crazy, I know. Then a month ago the ASUS finally died, and I dug out the QVC...
  4. No audio device installed, old laptop upgrade to win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio device installed, old laptop upgrade to win10: Hi all, I'm new here, I will try to be brief. FYI English is not my first language. I have Asus K73SV (I believe from 2011) and recently I tried to "upgrade " it to work better. My laptop has never been formatted, I only used recovered as I feared I will loose my win 7...
  5. Installing upgraded WIn10 on new PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing upgraded WIn10 on new PC?: Im in the process of buying new components to build a new pc, its been at least 10 years since my last rebuild so out of the loop a little but wanted to know the process of installing WIN 10 on the new PC. My old pc had Win7 then the free upgrade came out and im now on...
  6. Upgrade old laptop to Win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade old laptop to Win10: I have an older laptop (Dell L501X) that was originally Win 7 Home (the Win7 serial number is still on it) that was upgraded to Win10 during the free upgrade period (or some such). That was about 4 years ago. The hard drive crashed and I am getting a new drive and want to...
  7. Win10 Upgrade - PC Start Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Upgrade - PC Start Issue: Had an automatic Win10 upgrade yesterday. This morning Laptop still worked. Then stopped working and started automatic recover and PC diagnostic. Not able to get it working again. Tried to uninstall Updates without success via Advanced Options. Had a possible same issue...
  8. How to upgrade from very old to old Win10 version (not NOT newest)?

How to upgrade from very old to old Win10 version (not NOT newest)?: Assume I have a notebook with Win10 v1803. Now I would like to upgrade this Win10 to ONLY (!) Win10 v1903 but NOT the newest v1909. Is this possible? How can I avoid beeing upgraded to newest v1909? Peter 145113
  9. Moving from win7/old pc to win10/new pc

Moving from win7/old pc to win10/new pc: I have a newly built pc on which I will install Win 10. My old pc has Win 7 installed. I plan to have the new pc boot UEFI. The old pc is legacy boot (non-UEFI). Q1. Will I be able to just put the old HDDs in the new pc as storage and transfer files (photos, music,...
  10. This pc can't be upgraded to WIN10

This pc can't be upgraded to WIN10: Last few days, my pc gets updates prompt, but always freezes and failed to complete the update when I activated the update. So I had to forced restart it and PC undoing the changes made. I don't know what is this issue. This problem now re-appears after more than one year....