Windows 10: Win10 Upgrade or Restore Rights in Business Environment

Discus and support Win10 Upgrade or Restore Rights in Business Environment in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Do Windows 7 or How can I audit the workstations in my environment (on or off a domain) to know if they qualify for a free upgrade to Windows 10? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by {[(J)]}, Nov 13, 2018.

1. {[(J)]} Win User

Win10 Upgrade or Restore Rights in Business Environment

Do Windows 7 or

How can I audit the workstations in my environment (on or off a domain) to know if they qualify for a free upgrade to Windows 10?

I understand that, generally speaking the following applies:

• Eligible for free upgrade: Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.1 Pro
    • New license required: Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8.1 Enterprise

However, if a computer was previously downgraded from Windows 10 to a different OS, I would assume that Windows 10 can be reinstalled without the need to purchase a new license. Unfortunately, these sites were part of a recent acquisition, so we don't know if they were initially shipped with Windows 10 and downgraded, or if they shipped with the currently installed OS.

How can eligibility for license upgrades be audited to ensure that the Windows 10 installations are compliant with licensing requirements without adding additional licensing costs, and what is the correct process to do so? Should we simply activate the new version using the product key present on the downgraded OS?

:)

{[(J)]}, Nov 13, 2018
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

System environment variable won't stick

Running Win10 Home on an Acer Spin 3, 64bit, i7cpu. I try to add a path to the system environment variables by:

1. Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced tab > Environment variables

2. The "Environment Variables" window opens.
    3. In the "System Variables" pane I select "Path" and click the EDIT button.
    4. A list of the current system paths is displayed.
    5. I click the NEW button, browse to the path I want to add which is "C:\Python36-32" and click OK. The path "C:\Python36-32" is added to the list of current system paths.
    6. I click OK and am returned to the "Environment Variables" window.
    7. I click the "X" at the top right to close the "Environment Variables" window.

Now if I click the "Environment Variables" button again (end of step-1) and repeat steps 2-4, the new path I added in step-5 is gone. IOW, adding a new path won't stick.

What am I doing wrong?

3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Win10 Upgrade or Restore Rights in Business Environment [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Win10 Upgrade or Restore Rights in Business Environment

Missing Profile WIN10

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

I request you to check if your profile is listed under users list or not. Follow the below step and check:

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type netplwiz in the box and hit enter.

If it is not listed, I suggest you to restore the system to the previous point where PC was working normally. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows + I key and click on Update and security.

• Click on Recovery, and click on
      Restart
      under Advance startup.

• In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      'Troubleshoot'.

• Click, Advanced Options and then click on
      System Restore.

• Follow the onscreen suggestion to restore your PC to earlier point.

Hope this helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Win10 Upgrade or Restore Rights in Business Environment

1. Win10 Upgrade or Restore Rights in Business Environment - Similar Threads - Win10 Upgrade Restore

2. Comparing Performance and Use Cases for Windows and Linux in a Business Environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Comparing Performance and Use Cases for Windows and Linux in a Business Environment: I am currently in the process of deciding between Windows and Linux for a new project within my organization. While I am familiar with both OSes to an extent, I have traditionally been more inclined towards Windows. This is primarily due to its user-friendly interface and...
  3. Troubleshooting SSO with Windows Hello for Business in Hybrid Environment

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Troubleshooting SSO with Windows Hello for Business in Hybrid Environment: I have been trying to figure this one out for about a week now.Background: All devices are currently Azure AD Hybrid joined and most everyone is in the building/on the internal network.I have followed this guide and WHfB is set up and working: Hybrid Certificate Trust...
  4. Troubleshooting SSO with Windows Hello for Business in Hybrid Environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting SSO with Windows Hello for Business in Hybrid Environment: I have been trying to figure this one out for about a week now.Background: All devices are currently Azure AD Hybrid joined and most everyone is in the building/on the internal network.I have followed this guide and WHfB is set up and working: Hybrid Certificate Trust...
  5. Troubleshooting SSO with Windows Hello for Business in Hybrid Environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. VM licensing - Business environment

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    VM licensing - Business environment: 762 / 5000 Rezultatele traducerii Hello! I am an IT Network Administrator and I am writing to clarify some aspects related to licensing in the business environment.We have a virtual machine with Windows 10 VM1, licensed retail that we no longer use but we have not deleted...
  7. Comment on W10 small business environment proposed setup.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Comment on W10 small business environment proposed setup.: I'm an xp, w7 user with some unix experience. I know my way around computers at an intermediate level (websites, perl-php, c, ksh, java ...). I have never used w10. I've been asked by a friend to help setup his business "network". Money is an issue so that's why I'm here....
  8. Changing the Win10 "Busy" indicator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing the Win10 "Busy" indicator: I don't like needless screen animation, so I find the Win10 "Busy" indication very irritating. Is there some way to replace it? On Win7 I've got the old hourglass, but I'd be willing to accept the not quite so old spinning colored circle if the hourglass is no longer...
  9. System Restore in Dual Boot Environment

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore in Dual Boot Environment: I have noticed during those times when I have needed to resort to System Restore to fix a problem, either the System Restore failed or the Restore Points I had created previously were gone. When I am in the System Protection (System Restore) window for Windows 7, my boot...
  10. Win10 PERFECT WORLD--Optimal Environment?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 PERFECT WORLD--Optimal Environment?: Ok, so I'm one of the lucky ones. Got the upgrade 12 hours early on the 28th, and unlike the last few Preview Builds, it installed without a hitch. So naturally I've spent the last week and a half royally screwing everything up! *Mad At this point it's so far gone that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 rights

2. can i upgrade windows in a business environment