Windows 10: Win10 Upgrade - PC Start Issue

Discus and support Win10 Upgrade - PC Start Issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Had an automatic Win10 upgrade yesterday. This morning Laptop still worked. Then stopped working and started automatic recover and PC diagnostic.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SoKoGER, Apr 21, 2020.

1. SoKoGER Win User

Win10 Upgrade - PC Start Issue

Had an automatic Win10 upgrade yesterday. This morning Laptop still worked.

Then stopped working and started automatic recover and PC diagnostic.

Not able to get it working again. Tried to uninstall Updates without success via Advanced Options.

Had a possible same issue in Nov just briefly after getting HP Laptop Model17-by2331ng - here had to reinstall windows by deleting all personal files.

Now unsure if possibly HW related, WIn 10 or … - any suggestions?

What to do without loosing most recent updates?

:)

SoKoGER, Apr 21, 2020
  2. dkwong55 Win User

Win7 to Win10 upgrade issue ... 0xC1900101-0x30017 and then 0x40017

hi, Andre,

yes, i think my note did say that i already created the bootable ISO on a DVD and started the Win10 upgrade from there. i already contacted the vendor and he gave me a list of Win10 drivers, suggested the bootable ISO upgrade method but did not recommend
    a new BIOS update.

My PC is a ZOTAC CI320none with an Intel processor running a licensed Win7 Home Premium SP1.

dkwong55, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Win10 Upgrade issue

Hi Sean,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the methods provided below:

Method 1: DISM TOOL:

• On the Search bar type “cmd”. Right Click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow).
    • Type “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” (without quotes)

For more information about DISM click on the link below:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

Method 2: Run a SFC (System File Checker) scan.

• Right click on Start button and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” and press Enter.
    • After the scan is complete, type “exit” and press Enter.

For more information about SFC scan, click on the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

If the issue still persists, suggest you to Roll back to the previous version of Windows by following the steps below and Upgrade again to Windows 10.

• Click on Start and select Settings.
    • Click on ‘Update and Security’.
    • Click on ‘Recovery’.
    • There you will find option to go back to previous Operating System, click on Get started.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 21, 2020
  4. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Win10 Upgrade - PC Start Issue - Similar Threads - Win10 Upgrade Start

2. Installing upgraded WIn10 on new PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing upgraded WIn10 on new PC?: Im in the process of buying new components to build a new pc, its been at least 10 years since my last rebuild so out of the loop a little but wanted to know the process of installing WIN 10 on the new PC. My old pc had Win7 then the free upgrade came out and im now on...
  3. Issues in starting the PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues in starting the PC: Whenever I start my PC, I get a dark screen after a few seconds and it freezes. Sometimes, the system restarts on its own. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issues-in-starting-the-pc/c38e228e-2255-45f0-9d42-f9afc5700250
  4. Upgrading win10

Upgrading win10: Created new install after failure. Everything was fine until the upgrade to 1909. Now on startup, the first start screen shows but the second does not. When I click and get the PIN screen the field is grayed out and will not take the pin....
  5. Win10 upgrade issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 upgrade issue: I have a legit Windows 7 license on my computer andtried to upgrade to Win 10 for free. Everything workedfine for half a year, then the next Windows 10update came and, I think, some file was removed because the computer stopped working properly. I invited the technical...
  6. Multiple issues after upgrading from win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple issues after upgrading from win10: Some installed programs only open a black window, start menu doesn't open, windows defender instacrashes, I can't give administrator permission to actions that require it, restore windows doesn't work, the settings program crashes easily, when I switch on the pc a blue and...
  7. This pc can't be upgraded to WIN10

This pc can't be upgraded to WIN10: Last few days, my pc gets updates prompt, but always freezes and failed to complete the update when I activated the update. So I had to forced restart it and PC undoing the changes made. I don't know what is this issue. This problem now re-appears after more than one year....
  8. Win10 upgrade on old PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 upgrade on old PC: Okay, here's one out of left field for you guys. I have an Intel Pentium 4 Northwood sl6wk (Yes I am aware that Jesus owned a computer running the same) It meets all the Win10 requirements with flying colors though and is a very fast CPU even by today's standards. I...
  9. win10 upgrade

win10 upgrade: Me hi, i would like to upgrade one of our business pc s which run win7 pro to win10 in order to test and verify if some of the 3rd party apps which we use will run properly. we have office including access on the computer. how do i get the win 10 download and how do i get the...
  10. Win10 upgrade on Aspire SW13 - issues with BIOS upgrade

Win10 upgrade on Aspire SW13 - issues with BIOS upgrade: Hi, I'm running an Acer Aspire SW13, 2GB RAM, Windows 10 version 1607 I get repeated messages saying I must update as this version of W10 won't be supported after April. I can (with difficulty) clear enough disk space to download the updates (the internal memory is only...