Windows 10: Win10 Upgrade Plans

Discus and support Win10 Upgrade Plans in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I’ve been a win10 Insider from the beginning but I still use win7Pro(x64) on my 2 home Desktop puters. My win10 insider version is installed (19037.1)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by fastfade, Dec 8, 2019.

1. fastfade Win User

Win10 Upgrade Plans

I’ve been a win10 Insider from the beginning but I still use win7Pro(x64) on my 2 home Desktop puters.

My win10 insider version is installed (19037.1) on an older test machine I built some years ago. Rather than upgrade to win10 over my current win7 puters, I would like to keep those intact as is for now & purchase a couple of Samsung SSD EVO 250GB ATA Drives & install win10 Pro x64 on each of the new SSD’s.
    What I need help with is which win10 software to purchase. In the past I’ve always purchased the Full Retail Boxed version. It would come with DVD disk media, but I think I would rather have the Thumb Drive version. Does the Retail Boxed version come with Thumb drives or disk media.
    I usually purchase this OS software from New Egg or Amazon.
    Thank you, for any/all comments or suggestions on my planned upgrade to win10.

:)

fastfade, Dec 8, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Dec 8, 2019
  3. xkm1948 Win User
    List your Spec and a one year update plan

As the title suggests. List out your main rig's spec and then illustrate out what you plan to upgrade within the next 12 months. I am talking REAL planned upgrades, not day dreaming of filling up your machine with 4 TitanXp and etc.

xkm1948, Dec 8, 2019
  4. John Fer Win User

Win10 Upgrade Plans

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Win10 Upgrade Plans

1. Win10 Upgrade Plans - Similar Threads - Win10 Upgrade Plans

2. I plan to upgrade my CPUandMotherboard and want to keep existing Win10 installed on SSD...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I plan to upgrade my CPUandMotherboard and want to keep existing Win10 installed on SSD...: I plan to upgrade my CPUandMotherboard and want to keep existing Win10 installed on SSD drive. How to proceed exactly?Win10 actually installed on Crucial 250GB SSD drive.Actual:CPU: Intel Core i3-8100 SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB WIN10MBD: Asus PRIME H310M-A R2.0 Future:CPU: i9...
  3. I plan to upgrade my CPUandMotherboard and want to keep existing Win10 installed on SSD...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I plan to upgrade my CPUandMotherboard and want to keep existing Win10 installed on SSD...: I plan to upgrade my CPUandMotherboard and want to keep existing Win10 installed on SSD drive. How to proceed exactly?Win10 actually installed on Crucial 250GB SSD drive.Actual:CPU: Intel Core i3-8100 SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB WIN10MBD: Asus PRIME H310M-A R2.0 Future:CPU: i9...
  4. I plan to upgrade my CPUandMotherboard and want to keep existing Win10 installed on SSD...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HW Upgrade--Plan for license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HW Upgrade--Plan for license: I'm about to upgrade hardware and need to make sure I have a plan that will allow me to keep my valid license across the upgrade.I found the command:slmgr /dlvWhich displays:Windows Script HostSoftware licensing versionNameDescription: WindowsR Core editionDescription:...
  6. HW Upgrade--Plan for license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HW Upgrade--Plan for license: I'm about to upgrade hardware and need to make sure I have a plan that will allow me to keep my valid license across the upgrade.I found the command:slmgr /dlvWhich displays:Windows Script HostSoftware licensing versionNameDescription: WindowsR Core editionDescription:...
  7. HW Upgrade--Plan for license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Planning to Upgrade hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Planning to Upgrade hardware: I'm planning to upgrade my HDD within the next few weeks, and I wanted to make sure that I can install Windows. I have what I believe is the Windows 7 product key I found it written down but upgraded to Windows 10 when it was available. However, when I tried to download the...
  9. Plan to upgrade PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Plan to upgrade PC: Hi Folks, I have Windows 10 Home 64 bit installed in my PC and the specs are E5800 Intel Dual Core Procie 4GB ram Asrock board and plan to upgrade to A4 7300 AMD Procie 8GB ram Gigabyte board I know it's a long shot (or anyone else have same experience) but do I...
  10. it’s time for me to start a backup plan on my upgraded win10 computers

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    it’s time for me to start a backup plan on my upgraded win10 computers: In Windows 10 there are 2 methods for creating system image backups in Control Panel Backup and Restore (Windows 7) & File History What are the differences between them? I’ve never used File History but it appears to me it’s a better system. I recently upgraded my Win7 &...