Windows 10: win10 upgrade

Discus and support win10 upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Me hi, i would like to upgrade one of our business pc s which run win7 pro to win10 in order to test and verify if some of the 3rd party apps which we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by paddymanning, Sep 4, 2018.

1. win10 upgrade

Me
    hi, i would like to upgrade one of our business pc s which run win7 pro to win10 in order to test and verify if some of the 3rd party apps which we use will run properly. we have office including access on the computer. how do i get the win 10 download and how do i get the office and access installed on win 10 (there are no dvd, they came bunbled with the pc), thanks​

:)

paddymanning, Sep 4, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Sep 4, 2018
  3. DavidY Win User
    Newbie needs advice moving Win8.1 ==> Win10

In your shoes I would
    1. Take a backup of the OS drive with Macrium Reflect, as suggested
    2. Download the ISO and do an Upgrade install (step 7 in this tutorial)
    Macrium gives you a way back if the upgrade doesn't work, and I also think that doing an Upgrade install is probably likely to be your quickest route to being activated on Windows 10 by the deadline.

Once activated, you can consider doing a clean install later but without the time pressure.

DavidY, Sep 4, 2018
  4. wee_ones Win User

win10 upgrade

Win10 Anniversary upgrade

Hello - I'm trying to upgrade to the Win10 Anniversary on a client's laptop. The laptop previously had Symantec Endpoint Protection, but it was removed before the free upgrade was performed from win7 home edition. The copy of SEP was not compatible with
    the upgrade to Win10, but it was supposedly successfully removed.

Now the Anniversary upgrade stops and reports that it can't continue due to incompatibility with SEP. I've checked the startup, there's no SEP listed, there's no active SEP components listed under the task manager, and I'm unable to manually remove registry
    keys through the regedit program.

So: would it be possible to:

Roll back to the previous win edition, reinstall SEP, then remove SEP, and upgrade to Win10 again?

Manually edit the registry (assuming that I can find the offending key(s)) so the installation can complete?

I don't have access to the latest copy of clean wipe, so I'm not sure that would help.

Please provide any suggestions and thanks in advance

Bill

wee_ones, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

win10 upgrade

1. win10 upgrade - Similar Threads - win10 upgrade

2. Upgrading from Win7 to Win10 - on a dual-boot laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from Win7 to Win10 - on a dual-boot laptop: This is probably an unfair question to ask in this forum. But given the depth of expertise, someone might have advice to offer! I have recently done successful clean installs and activations of Win 10 with the help of Shawn Brink's tutorials and advice from other forum...
  3. Cannot upgrade to Win10 20H2 (Error Code 0xC1900101-0x20017)

Cannot upgrade to Win10 20H2 (Error Code 0xC1900101-0x20017): I am currently running Win10 Pro Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1500) and trying to upgrade to Win10 20H2 before the EOL for 1909 in a couple months. I keep getting an error code of 0xC1900101. I have been doing some research on this error and I have already done the following:...
  4. Upgrade from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

Upgrade from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: I just completed an upgrade from Win10 Home to Pro. I paid $99 to do this.Everything seemed to be going well, but right at the end, the upgrade terminated giving me an error 0X80070005. My PC was "frozen," so I rebooted.On the reboot, the system went through several rounds of...
  5. multiboot- not working well after upgrade to win10 20H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    multiboot- not working well after upgrade to win10 20H2: I have a multi boot system with win10 win7 and xp.The bootloader? was working fine as i could choose which program to run after startup.The update to win10 version 20H2 OS build 19042.928 seemed to go ok except not I get the windows symbol but no dots in a circle. I have to...
  6. strange behaviour for chrome and egde after win7 to win10 upgrade

strange behaviour for chrome and egde after win7 to win10 upgrade: Hi all. I recently upgraded my laptop from win7pro to win10pro after this upgrade, I have a really weird behaviour for Chrome and Edge I can't "see" any page... if I open chrome/edge, I see, always, a blank page no chance to control or interact so I also am not able...
  7. upgrade from win7 to win10 remotely

in Windows 10 Customization
    upgrade from win7 to win10 remotely: Hi all, do you think it is possible to upgrade from win7pro to win10pro completely in remote? I use teamviewer what happens during the several reboots? thanks Ale...
  8. Win10 upgrade number from 18 to 20H2

Win10 upgrade number from 18 to 20H2: Good day, Please help with the issue of updating the fleet of machines through WSUS. We have 100 hosts with different versions of Win 10 starting from 18. We want to update them via WSUS. Who knows how to do this or KB numbers, please write. I'm really looking forward ......
  9. Upgrading win 10 home to win10 pro from microsoft store

Upgrading win 10 home to win10 pro from microsoft store: what happens when we are upgrading win 10 home to win10 pro from the Microsoft store, does all the data are lost from the OS driver, which includes software, or It may be available as same even when upgradation....
  10. cant activate my win10 pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    cant activate my win10 pro upgrade: purchased a win10 pro upgrade digital copy and did not receive a product key and the windows update is not working IF one was added to the bios. is there a way to generate one using my order details? I used the feedback hub as per the automated help function but I was...