Windows 10: win10 upgrade

Discus and support win10 upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Me hi, i would like to upgrade one of our business pc s which run win7 pro to win10 in order to test and verify if some of the 3rd party apps which we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by paddymanning, Sep 4, 2018.

1. win10 upgrade

Me
    hi, i would like to upgrade one of our business pc s which run win7 pro to win10 in order to test and verify if some of the 3rd party apps which we use will run properly. we have office including access on the computer. how do i get the win 10 download and how do i get the office and access installed on win 10 (there are no dvd, they came bunbled with the pc), thanks​

:)

paddymanning, Sep 4, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Sep 4, 2018
  3. DavidY Win User
    Newbie needs advice moving Win8.1 ==> Win10

In your shoes I would
    1. Take a backup of the OS drive with Macrium Reflect, as suggested
    2. Download the ISO and do an Upgrade install (step 7 in this tutorial)
    Macrium gives you a way back if the upgrade doesn't work, and I also think that doing an Upgrade install is probably likely to be your quickest route to being activated on Windows 10 by the deadline.

Once activated, you can consider doing a clean install later but without the time pressure.

DavidY, Sep 4, 2018
  4. wee_ones Win User

win10 upgrade

Win10 Anniversary upgrade

Hello - I'm trying to upgrade to the Win10 Anniversary on a client's laptop. The laptop previously had Symantec Endpoint Protection, but it was removed before the free upgrade was performed from win7 home edition. The copy of SEP was not compatible with
    the upgrade to Win10, but it was supposedly successfully removed.

Now the Anniversary upgrade stops and reports that it can't continue due to incompatibility with SEP. I've checked the startup, there's no SEP listed, there's no active SEP components listed under the task manager, and I'm unable to manually remove registry
    keys through the regedit program.

So: would it be possible to:

Roll back to the previous win edition, reinstall SEP, then remove SEP, and upgrade to Win10 again?

Manually edit the registry (assuming that I can find the offending key(s)) so the installation can complete?

I don't have access to the latest copy of clean wipe, so I'm not sure that would help.

Please provide any suggestions and thanks in advance

Bill

wee_ones, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

win10 upgrade

1. win10 upgrade - Similar Threads - win10 upgrade

2. Upgrade Win7 to Win10, "Error code: 0x80072F8F - 0x20000", how to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Win7 to Win10, "Error code: 0x80072F8F - 0x20000", how to fix?: I went to upgrade my Windows 7 to Windows 10, and, downloaded the installer/media creation tool, but, this error comes up when I boot it,"Error code: 0x80072F8F - 0x20000". How does a person fix that?...
  3. Upgrade Win7 to Win10, "Error code: 0x80072F8F - 0x20000", how to fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Win7 to Win10, "Error code: 0x80072F8F - 0x20000", how to fix?: I went to upgrade my Windows 7 to Windows 10, and, downloaded the installer/media creation tool, but, this error comes up when I boot it,"Error code: 0x80072F8F - 0x20000". How does a person fix that?...
  4. Upgrade Win7 to Win10, "Error code: 0x80072F8F - 0x20000", how to fix?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgrade Win10 on Dual Boot PC with Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Upgrade Win10 on Dual Boot PC with Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO: Hi,I have a dual boot Win10 Pro PC where one of the bootable installations comes up with the error "Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO" during boot up whilst showing the Windows logo.I have tried checking the drive, repairing it with Installation Media and nothing is working.I...
  6. Upgrade Win10 on Dual Boot PC with Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Win10 on Dual Boot PC with Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO: Hi,I have a dual boot Win10 Pro PC where one of the bootable installations comes up with the error "Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO" during boot up whilst showing the Windows logo.I have tried checking the drive, repairing it with Installation Media and nothing is working.I...
  7. Upgrade Win10 on Dual Boot PC with Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

8. current computer is not compatible with win10. If i upgrade motherboard and cpu, will i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    current computer is not compatible with win10. If i upgrade motherboard and cpu, will i...: My current computer is not compatible with win10. If i upgrade motherboard and cpu, will i be able to use current ssd with installed win10 or will win 10 refuse to boot on new motherboard cpu combo?...
  9. current computer is not compatible with win10. If i upgrade motherboard and cpu, will i...

current computer is not compatible with win10. If i upgrade motherboard and cpu, will i...: My current computer is not compatible with win10. If i upgrade motherboard and cpu, will i be able to use current ssd with installed win10 or will win 10 refuse to boot on new motherboard cpu combo?...
  10. current computer is not compatible with win10. If i upgrade motherboard and cpu, will i...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade