Windows 10: win10 usb boot prob

Discus and support win10 usb boot prob in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; scenario : 1 formatted hd 240gig ready to receive win10 from usb 1 usb flash drive with bona fida win10pro for installation problem: boots to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by regpigstock, Dec 27, 2020.

1. win10 usb boot prob

scenario :

1 formatted hd 240gig ready to receive win10 from usb

1 usb flash drive with bona fida win10pro for installation

problem: boots to the 'generic' windows window...then...nothing

no messages...nothing just the annoying 'generic' windows window

would love a solution

regards

reg

:)

regpigstock, Dec 27, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

win10 usb boot prob nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Dec 27, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

win10 usb boot prob

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

win10 usb boot prob

1. win10 usb boot prob - Similar Threads - win10 usb boot

2. Editing probs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing probs: I have edited a video of 14 + minuted in clip champ and exported. Now I would like to add some more scenes,overlays and intro outro etc. As the time line does not stretch frame by frame, I cannot add these scenes in to the exact place where I would like to have it .* Changed...
  3. probs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    probs: why after all these years are u saying my windows is counterfit i purchased the comp and windows at store down loaded myself dont have the box anymore 25 years ago should i change to apple cant get a direct contact with the REAL microsoft will change comp and server I wantb a...
  4. probs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    probs: why after all these years are u saying my windows is counterfit i purchased the comp and windows at store down loaded myself dont have the box anymore 25 years ago should i change to apple cant get a direct contact with the REAL microsoft will change comp and server I wantb a...
  5. Cannot boot Win10 Recovery USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot boot Win10 Recovery USB: I have a HP laptop that will not boot, and I cannot get it to boot to the win10 recovery USB USB boot works - can boot to Ubuntu Live USB and works fine. Tried creating USB with Windows Media Tool Tried creating UEFI (GPT) and BIOS(MBR) USB with Rufus Tried booting all...
  6. Repair Win10 by booting it with a USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repair Win10 by booting it with a USB: I fail to repair Win10 on my Lenovo ThinkPad by booting it with a USB. I ran "sfc /scannow /offbootdir=C:\ /offwindir=C:\windows", and the results show that "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations". After that, I clicked Startup Repair...
  7. Ram prob

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ram prob: So the prob is that i have 4gb ram on the pc &when i lunch a game and the go to desktop and open task manager i see that the game is using about 1800 mb and shows that 96%of my ram is in use the issue is that i have 4g. Which means 4000 mb. Of ram even thought some times...
  8. Load Win10 on a USB and boot from it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Load Win10 on a USB and boot from it?: Folks, I'm trying to do some troubleshooting with my current install of Win10. I've been told that booting from a USB would narrow down my issue. I see tutorials about how to download the Win10 iso onto a USB to install it from that usb. That is NOT what I want to do. I...
  9. WIN10 failed installation: USB will not boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIN10 failed installation: USB will not boot: WIN10 failed installation: USB will not boot and start goes to a corrupted Win 10 installation. Access to change PC bios and UEFI settings not available. Dave M helped earlier,...
  10. Bad blocks on Toshiba HDD & Win10 OS probs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Bad blocks on Toshiba HDD & Win10 OS probs: My 2 year old Toshiba notebook started taking 5 - 10 minutes to boot last week. The Windows 10 system log file reports dozens of Harddisk0\DR0 bad blocks. After the system boots the Windows menu doesn't open, though its context menu does. Programs launch from the taskbar,...