Windows 10: Win10 USB Install error?

Discus and support Win10 USB Install error? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Today I was helping a relative to install his new OS to a newer SSD and then throw his old harddrive out after a clean wipe. We got all new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VereMyth, May 31, 2020.

1. VereMyth Win User

Win10 USB Install error?

Today I was helping a relative to install his new OS to a newer SSD and then throw his old harddrive out after a clean wipe.

We got all new hardwareLiterally everything has been replaced. While waiting for his new OS to come ina week later. We used his old HDD and install of windows on the hardware and everything was going greatSlow due to the health of the HDD but expected. While installing I unhooked his old HDD in an effort to prevent possible conflicts with his old OS.

Fast forward and Trying to install his new OS on the SSD that has just been sitting there doing nothing. Now I got two error codes

The first one is when I try to boot up the USB through UEFI mode through CSM It gives me

This https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fA-52CBUSRKP9XhqCviyRuSLscz32TeZ/view?usp=sharing
    The error code is0xc000000d System could not be loaded because the system registry file is missing or corrupted. A quick google search and I was directed to legacy and compatibility options. Switch those on and we get windows Initialization error... :\ I have done 2 PC builds with ZERO problems until this one. All with USB installers. This has me stumped. I don't know if I missed an option that needed to be ticked or not... I tried multiple times to achieve nothing. I will be Copy & pasting this post onto another tech forumThe motherboards site and another for better diversity in responses.

:)

VereMyth, May 31, 2020
  2. DarkEgo Win User

Error when installing Win7

when Installing Windows 7 I get an error saying ""A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now. Note: If the windows installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step." What should I do to get Windows to install?

DarkEgo, May 31, 2020
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, May 31, 2020
  4. Win10 USB Install error?

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, May 31, 2020
Thema:

Win10 USB Install error?

1. Win10 USB Install error? - Similar Threads - Win10 USB Install

2. Installation Media USB for Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation Media USB for Win10: Asking for a driver when I started the Installation from USB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-media-usb-for-win10/84f52577-3cba-4f3f-a84f-c6385ae12fa3
  3. Installation Media USB for Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installation Media USB for Win10: Asking for a driver when I started the Installation from USB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-media-usb-for-win10/84f52577-3cba-4f3f-a84f-c6385ae12fa3
  4. Installation Media USB for Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win10 Bootable USB installation question

Win10 Bootable USB installation question: A while back ago I created a Windows 10 USB Bootable stick using the Media Creation Tool. How can I find out which version and build number I have on my USB bootable stick? I am guessing it is 20H2, but I really prefer to double check it. Is there a command to check this...
  6. Creating a USB WIN10 installer on a MAC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating a USB WIN10 installer on a MAC: Hi guys, Help me Reddit, you're my last hope! I've been trying for hours to make a WIN10 installation USB (a 16 gig one) on a MAC. MACs are fucking cursed machines, unfortunately, that's what my workplace issued me. I tried through Terminal, with Unetbootin, or just copying...
  7. Installing Win10 from USB while Win10 already installed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Win10 from USB while Win10 already installed?: I reformatted my brand new laptop using an old version of Win10 I had on a USB. However after doing this I ran into an issue with Windows updates not working. After some searching I found that I needed a newer build of the Win10 bootable USB. I ran the Win10 installer from...
  8. WIN10 failed installation: USB will not boot

WIN10 failed installation: USB will not boot: WIN10 failed installation: USB will not boot and start goes to a corrupted Win 10 installation. Access to change PC bios and UEFI settings not available. Dave M helped earlier,...
  9. Installing Win10 Pro from USB

Installing Win10 Pro from USB: Hi Have another issue with upgrading OS on new laptop that has Win10 Home. I am going to double check that I have indeed burned the correct iso but I think I have. The laptop goes through the install routine from the USB but still shows windows home as activated rather...
  10. Could not complete Win10 installation from USB

Could not complete Win10 installation from USB: I just bought and built a new computer, and a friend gave me a SSD to put the OS on. I got a free product key for Windows 10 Educational from my college, and I ran the 'MediaCreationToolRetail.exe', which the college had me download, on my laptop. Upon running it, I was able...