Windows 10: Win10 USB Mass Storage Driver USBSTOR.SYS slows my bootup by 30 seconds.

Discus and support Win10 USB Mass Storage Driver USBSTOR.SYS slows my bootup by 30 seconds. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I use Windows 10. I have an internal SSD drive that hosts Windows and all my apps. I have an external hard drive (USB 3.0 4TB).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MSUser#1, Jun 22, 2019.

1. MSUser#1 Win User

Win10 USB Mass Storage Driver USBSTOR.SYS slows my bootup by 30 seconds.

Hello everyone,

I use Windows 10. I have an internal SSD drive that hosts Windows and all my apps. I have an external hard drive (USB 3.0 4TB). The external HD is not used by Windows or connected to it in any of the environmental parameters.

If I unplug my external HD, my system boots in 4 seconds. Plugged in, 34 seconds to boot. And there is nothing on it that windows should be accessing or writing to.

Very first thing I did, update BIOS, that DOES NOT work.

Second thing I did, went in the Win10 Registry, disabled USB Mass Storage driver: USBSTOR.SYS. Doing that, system boots in 4 seconds, but now I can't use my external HD because the driver is not loaded!

I just don't want Windows loading the USB Mass Storage driver until AFTER I log into windows. It's the only other solution I can come up with to stop the insanity of whatever Windows is trying to do to my poor external HD that never bothered anyone!

:)

MSUser#1, Jun 22, 2019
  2. LeoSeabra Win User

USB Mass Storage Driver not working

Alternatively,

Follow these steps to uninstall the driver.

1) Open Device Manager.

2) Right-click on USB Mass Storage Device and select Uninstall.

3) If prompted for the continue, click the OK button. If you see Delete the driver software for this device, click the box next to it, then click the OK button.

4) Restart your PC. Then Windows will reinstall the driver

LeoSeabra, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Ma. Lau Win User
    how to change "USB attached SCSI mass storage device" to "USB mass storage device"

Hi,

We would like to know the additional information to better assist you with USB mass storage concern. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Do yo have an updated Windows 10 on your computer?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far after your media player stopped recognizing the portable drive?
    • Do you have the updated USB driver on the current operating system that you are using?
    We are looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Win10 USB Mass Storage Driver USBSTOR.SYS slows my bootup by 30 seconds.

USB Mass Storage Driver not working

On my HP 15-bs658TU windows 10 pro model the USB Mass Storage driver not working
    and no pendrive or external storage devices are showing in my computer
    even when they connected.

Harshbadule, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Win10 USB Mass Storage Driver USBSTOR.SYS slows my bootup by 30 seconds.

1. Win10 USB Mass Storage Driver USBSTOR.SYS slows my bootup by 30 seconds. - Similar Threads - Win10 USB Mass

2. USB mass storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB mass storage: Problem is after disconnect usb drive then connect again with the same usb drive device or other usb drive the driver have problem check in device manage have "! sign" How to fix this problem?I try to uninstall but cann't solve....
  3. USB mass storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB mass storage: Problem is after disconnect usb drive then connect again with the same usb drive device or other usb drive the driver have problem check in device manage have "! sign" How to fix this problem?I try to uninstall but cann't solve....
  4. USB mass storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB Mass Storage Driver Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Mass Storage Driver Errors: I am having quite a strange issue and through extensive searching of the web I have come upon no answers for my situation.I am having a problem with the USB Mass Storage Driver. If I have an external drive connected to my computer when I boot up it will show up fine in...
  6. USB Mass Storage Driver Errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Mass Storage Driver Errors: I am having quite a strange issue and through extensive searching of the web I have come upon no answers for my situation.I am having a problem with the USB Mass Storage Driver. If I have an external drive connected to my computer when I boot up it will show up fine in...
  7. USB Mass Storage Driver Errors

8. USB Mass Storage Driver

USB Mass Storage Driver: My external Hard Drive not recognized. USB Mass Storage Driver not available.What is the fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-mass-storage-driver/6cb297a3-d35e-4daf-888c-66bba5e2c34a
  9. USB Mass Storage Driver Fix?

USB Mass Storage Driver Fix?: I am having a problem with my USB storage driver that is preventing me from using ANY USB storage device. Device manager and looking at my control panel say its plugged in, but they won't show up on file explorer and troubleshooting says its a driver problem The problem...
  10. USB Mass Storage Driver not working

USB Mass Storage Driver not working: On my HP 15-bs658TU windows 10 pro model the USB Mass Storage driver not working and no pendrive or external storage devices are showing in my computer even when they connected....