Windows 10: Win10 v1809 older apps seem to look for default email setting in different place.

Discus and support Win10 v1809 older apps seem to look for default email setting in different place. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We're renewing hardware to WIN10 v1809 and office to 2019. Older apps (QB) seem to be looking for default email where WIN7 stored setting as old app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TomTruitt1, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Win10 v1809 older apps seem to look for default email setting in different place.

We're renewing hardware to WIN10 v1809 and office to 2019. Older apps (QB) seem to be looking for default email where WIN7 stored setting as old app reports no default email set.

Runnning in WIN7 comparability does not work.

Is there registry keys to create on WIN10 to provide settings?

Found OUTLOOKMAIL protocol that is set to Mail (msmail?) but can't change to outlook despite local activate install of OFFICE 2019 HOME AND BUSINESS.

:)

TomTruitt1, Jan 29, 2019
  2. fisher99 Win User

Best Multi-User Email App?

Hello. I am looking for an email app that will support 2 users, each with 2 different email accounts (one gmail and one outlook account each). Ideally they would like to use a single email program for both of them but would like separate inboxes for each person.

So, ideally:
    • One email program.
    • Two inboxes, with each inbox collecting email from a unique gmail account and a unique outlook account.

Will be interested in any suggestions.

fisher99, Jan 29, 2019
  3. How to set Microsoft Photos App as default

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left pane, click on Default Apps.
    • In the right pane, click on Choose default apps by file type.
    • Set the default App to open .jpg files and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Win10 v1809 older apps seem to look for default email setting in different place.

Cannot set Windows Mail App as default email client

Hi Appu,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

What is the exact issue you are facing to set the Mail app as default email client?

Refer to the following steps to set Mail app as default email client:

a) Click Start button.

b) Search for and open "Default Programs".

c) Click on "Set your default programs".

d) Select "Mail" from the list of programs.

e) Click "Set this program as default".

f) Click OK and check if the issue is resolved.

Run the
    Apps troubleshooter
    and check if this resolves the issues with the mail app.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Win10 v1809 older apps seem to look for default email setting in different place.

1. Win10 v1809 older apps seem to look for default email setting in different place. - Similar Threads - Win10 v1809 older

2. Win10 Edge - Default font looks odd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Edge - Default font looks odd: Hello, I've got this problem where many websites that I visit default to a font that's unreadable for me.I've tried to change the default font settings via windows and via Edge, but no succes.That calygraphic font is unreadable. At first, I thought it's chosen by the website...
  3. Win10 Edge - Default font looks odd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Edge - Default font looks odd: Hello, I've got this problem where many websites that I visit default to a font that's unreadable for me.I've tried to change the default font settings via windows and via Edge, but no succes.That calygraphic font is unreadable. At first, I thought it's chosen by the website...
  4. Win10 Edge - Default font looks odd

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My settings options look different.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My settings options look different.: Hello.Im trying to show the taskbar on all my displays,but my settings look different from what I see in the screenshots of other people:First image is my settings and second one is from another user I found on internet....
  6. My settings options look different.

My settings options look different.: Hello.Im trying to show the taskbar on all my displays,but my settings look different from what I see in the screenshots of other people:First image is my settings and second one is from another user I found on internet....
  7. windows setting menu looks different

windows setting menu looks different: Hi, Does anyone know why my setting menu looks different? my older menu didn't have those functions above search bar. how can i restore this? you can see those windows update, rewards and web browsing things on top of search bar. [ATTACH]...
  8. Different Looks for Settings App between Two Separate PCs

Different Looks for Settings App between Two Separate PCs: Hi everybody, Can somebody please tell me why the Settings app on my main computer Windows 10 2004 looks different compared to my second computer Windows 10 1909? The top bar with my account info and links to Windows Update and One Drive seem to missing, even before I...
  9. Win10 Setting Default Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 Setting Default Printer: As admin or user1, am able to select default printer without issue. As user2, left click on the printer name does NOT expand the selection box, and Manage is not accessible. Suggestions?...
  10. Default apps reset, Windows looking for data in the wrong place

Default apps reset, Windows looking for data in the wrong place: Hi everyone, 6 days ago, I installed a sizeable update ( version 1709). Afterwards, Windows didn't know what programs to use for many files, including any pictures or archives. I use Picasa & WinRar respectively, and I had to find their .exe and set them as default again....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 1809 default mail outlook regedit