Windows 10: Win10 v1903 hangs at random and has to be reset

Discus and support Win10 v1903 hangs at random and has to be reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am on Windows 10 Pro, 64bit on an AMD FX 8320 Eight-Core Processor 3.50 GHz with 32 GB of ram with a GeForce GTX 1060 card. A month or so ago I got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NomadOfNorad, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Win10 v1903 hangs at random and has to be reset

I am on Windows 10 Pro, 64bit on an AMD FX 8320 Eight-Core Processor 3.50 GHz with 32 GB of ram with a GeForce GTX 1060 card.

A month or so ago I got updated to version 1809 of Win10, and started having random hangs, where the machine would freeze up at random, often with it going BZZZZZZZZZZ. The only way to recover form this was to hit the reset button on my case. Often times it would happen when I'm at a music club in Second Life, usually within the first half hour or less of the club activity starting, but rarely at any other activity in SL. Then it would hang to BZZZZZZZ. Somewhat more occasionally, it would hang while just sitting there with nothing going on execpt my usual Discord or Telegram apps running, and with Opera web browser open to my usual pinned tabs, or on rare occasions maybe while watching a Youtube video.

There were ZERO hang problems before being updated to 1809. I tried rolling back to before 1809, but doing so was no longer available as an option.

I posted to over here for help, but it didn't really solve my problem, even after all sorts of diagnostics being run at their instruction.

https://windowsforum.com/threads/windows-10-pro-64bit-build-17763-437-hanging-to-a-buzzing-noise.243841/

I have subsequently updated to 1903 version, and it LOOKED like it solved the problem for awhile... I went maybe 5 days without any hangs of any kind, particularly at SL music clubs.... so I figured the issue was solved by updating to the newer major update to Win10, but then it went back to random hangs occasionally, and today it again hung to BZZZZZZ at an SL music club. I updated to the newest driver for my video card just late last week. I also ran Windows Memory Diagnostic a couple days ago, which found no ram issue, but doesn't seem to be a very comprehensive scan.

I am at a loss here, this is getting beyond exasperating.

:)

NomadOfNorad, Jun 4, 2019

2. problem updating to Windows 10 v1903

Hello,

I recommend you to upgrade to V1903 via ISO file.

Refer this step-by-step guide:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-upgrade-to-windows-10-using-iso-file

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya MVP, Jun 4, 2019
  3. GAZ
    Gaz Win User
    Random hang/lock/freezing (sort of)

I have read a thread or five via a Google search about random freezing with Windows 10, but none of their symptoms match mine, so I thought I'd post a new thread.

I'm getting random system freezes or hangs which prevent me from opening apps or programs and clicking on the task bar (or even getting it to come out of auto-hide). When it's happened before, I've left the system alone for a while but it never recovers.
    If it is of any consequence, things go a bit quieter when this happens and the normal noise that I assume is from the hard drive stops. There's no clicking or anything alarming either before or after the freeze.

When it hangs, what I can still do is:
    • Move the mouse
    • Move already open windows around, snap to full screen or to the side
    • Get the right click menu on the desktop, although it appears verrrrry slowly and nothing can be clicked on it when it appears
    • Ctrl-alt-delete and the regular screen pops up
    • Open the task manager and the subsequent performance tab which shows no movement across all the graphs

The only thing left to do is a hard restart as, even though the ctrl-alt-del screen still comes up, when I restart via this, it just loops forever with 'Restarting' on the screen.

What I did to get to where I am:

• Installed the Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 via the Microsoft Win10 media creation tool
    • Used the media creation tool to burn a USB stick .iso
    • Downloaded and ran a program (Lollipop key finder or something) to find my new Win10 key
    • Clean install from my .iso and my new Win 10 key
    • Experienced the problem very often (every 15 minutes or so) with a completely fresh install
    • Thought it might be hard drive related, so I re-seated my hard drive connectors on my motherboard
    • Did a RAM diagnostic, no problems
    • Defragmented HDD
    • Problem is still present but only every couple of hours now. Nothing specific appears to trigger it, but at least I've been able to install the programs that I regularly use.

I've also done the recommended steps in this thread, to no avail. Disk health is good, no store corruption detected/obvious errors/noises. I even gave things a monthly blast with compressed air whilst re-seating the hard drives but now I'm at a loss.

Any ideas would be appreciated. *Huh

4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Win10 v1903 hangs at random and has to be reset

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

Win10 v1903 hangs at random and has to be reset

1. Win10 v1903 hangs at random and has to be reset - Similar Threads - Win10 v1903 hangs

2. Windows 11 random freezing/hanging, forcing hard reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 random freezing/hanging, forcing hard reset: Hi,I keep getting random freezes followed by the computer becoming extremly slow and hanging with programs not reacting anymore, i have to hard reset my computer everytime. I have the Bios and all other drivers up date and even did a windows reinstall already. I have an evtx...
  3. Windows 11 random freezing/hanging, forcing hard reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 random freezing/hanging, forcing hard reset: I recently upgraded most parts of my PC with brand new parts motherboard, CPU, GPU, RAM... basically everything except the PSU, two storage drives, and the peripherals, and also installed Windows 11 on it. Since then, I've had random system hang-ups that have impeded a lot of...
  4. Random BSOD and random small hangs Ryzen 3600 - Win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD and random small hangs Ryzen 3600 - Win10: Hello, After I build an AMD Ryzen 3600 based PC, I have random crashes and very small hangings ("hickups"). I suggest it would be the memory but Memtest did not show any problem at all. Just to be sure I bought other RAM moduls what are in the list of supported memories...
  5. Hide Action Center in Win10, v1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hide Action Center in Win10, v1903: This is an UPDATED version of how to hide the action center in Win10, v1903. 1- Right click on the taskbar and click Taskbar Settings. [ATTACH] 2- Scroll down to "Turn System Icons on or off" and click it. [ATTACH] 3- Find Action Center and turn it off....
  6. Latest Update to v1903 Hangs a 7% Install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Update to v1903 Hangs a 7% Install: Using a Dell Inspiron15 3000-3552, Windows 10, 64-but, v1809 build 17763.557. I attempted to update from 1809 to 1903 via normal update and the download took forever, then it just it just stuck on 7% during install. I reset the update and thank Heavens it actually reset, so...
  7. win10 random hangs loud buzzing noise

win10 random hangs loud buzzing noise: This happens - 1 in photoshop 2 premiere 3 surfing internet 4 excel My event logs are effing crazy with errors and warnings - I run Bitdefender all updates to windows 10 have been done... oh I updated this systems 2 hours before crash - hadn't happened in 3 weeks I...
  8. Graphical/visual problems - Random freeze/hang 1803 Win10

Graphical/visual problems - Random freeze/hang 1803 Win10: I'm having this weird problem since days now, I did not installed any new or recent windows updates or did anything different, just playing games and watching content on YouTube. Randomly freezing on my screen, icons on taskbar (sometimes all of them or just tiny ones at...
  9. Win10 x64 hanging

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 x64 hanging: Hi My Win10 x64 randomly hangs for about 5 min and then comes back. *Sad Anyone with the same behaviour? how can i know if it's HDD related? thanks Edit: found a Windows error report at + or - the same time of last hang and here it is, related files are not in given...
  10. Windows hangs for a long time randomly forcing hard reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows hangs for a long time randomly forcing hard reset: Hello. Just recently I've been receiving long hangs after a random amount of time on my laptop that is an inspiron 3537 and these usually take a long time to resolve and i usually just end up hard resetting. I've located the source of the problem and it is my hard drive and I...