Windows 10: Win10 v1909, Firefox 71, web page font icons not showing

Discus and support Win10 v1909, Firefox 71, web page font icons not showing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; CONSIDER THIS RESOLVED. Changed Firefox back to using system colors, ran SFC and shut system down and waited overnight and everything appear to be back... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dw85745, Jan 12, 2020.

1. dw85745 Win User

Win10 v1909, Firefox 71, web page font icons not showing

CONSIDER THIS RESOLVED.
    Changed Firefox back to using system colors, ran SFC and shut system down and waited overnight and everything
    appear to be back to "normal" Go Figure.

==========================

One of the coding forums I visit often is not showing the edit fonts. However this forum and page is.
    See attached. Anything I can do on my end to resolve this?

:)

dw85745, Jan 12, 2020
  2. dw85745 Win User

CONSIDER THIS RESOLVED.
    Changed Firefox back to using system colors, ran SFC and shut system down and waited overnight and everything
    appear to be back to "normal" Go Figure.

==========================

One of the coding forums I visit often is not showing the edit fonts. However this forum and page is.
    See attached. Anything I can do on my end to resolve this?

dw85745, Jan 12, 2020
  3. birdie Win User
    Disabling web fonts in Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome

Some of us hate downloadable web fonts so here's how you can stop websites (including techpowerup) from forcing their glorious fonts down your throat.

1) Mozilla Firefox

Open about:config
    Set "gfx.downloadable_fonts.enabled" to false.

2) Google Chrome
    Right Click Chrome's launcher icon, click "Properties".

At the end of the launcher string add the following:

" --disable-remote-fonts" (without quotes).

You're done.

birdie, Jan 12, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

Techpowerup bookmark icon in firefox?

changed the favicon for the forum
    uploaded a new smaller (bytes) icon for the main site
    added html code to suggest the icon to browsers

but i still cant get it to show up in firefox favourites

W1zzard, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Win10 v1909, Firefox 71, web page font icons not showing - Similar Threads - Win10 v1909 Firefox

2. Web Pages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web Pages: HiWhy do i keep seeing page not responding when looking at a website.Little circle keeps spinning.on topTHANK YOU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-pages/5a964af9-02cf-43bf-baf2-a56d037d49d6
  3. Web Pages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Web Pages: HiWhy do i keep seeing page not responding when looking at a website.Little circle keeps spinning.on topTHANK YOU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-pages/5a964af9-02cf-43bf-baf2-a56d037d49d6
  4. Not showing icons, changed fonts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not showing icons, changed fonts: A while ago, from "regedit". I deleted some fonts, these are Microsoft default fonts. I deleted these fonts because I don't use them. Now, some icons are gone! What can I do now??...
  5. Not showing icons, changed fonts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not showing icons, changed fonts: A while ago, from "regedit". I deleted some fonts, these are Microsoft default fonts. I deleted these fonts because I don't use them. Now, some icons are gone! What can I do now??...
  6. Firefox 81 fonts

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox 81 fonts: Is it me, or does Firefox's fonts look thinner/lighter after updating to 81? They seem almost identical to Chrome now. They used to be much thicker/bolder, but now they just barely are that compared to Chrome. Firefox: [img] Chrome: [img] 165069
  7. Firefox loads web pages very slowily (finallly solved)

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox loads web pages very slowily (finallly solved): Windows 10 v1909, Firefox 77.0.1 Firefox on my desktop started loading pages really slowly. Even the Google home page was taking 10 minutes or more to load. Firefox on my laptop was running OK. Then a week later Firefox on my laptop started loading pages slowly. I tried the...
  8. Win10 history pages are not grouped after reset of Firefox.

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 history pages are not grouped after reset of Firefox.: After I reset Firefox ESR 52.9.0 (64) my Windows 10 history is no longer grouped into sub folders that contain pages at the same site in the same time period. [view][sidebar][history] How can I get the folders back? 114628
  9. Win10 not loading web-pages

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 not loading web-pages: Hello Win10 Forums! Today I have installed Win10 Pro edition and I'm currently trying it out. I have encountered this massive problem: Some web pages do not load! Some pages are completely fine (this one, facebook, stackoverflow, few other forums I visit...), but some...
  10. Firefox Quantum can't recover web page

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Quantum can't recover web page: Hi all,I installed firefox quantum to try it out.Seems pretty fast but when I close it and then restart it,it won't go to my homepage.Says can't recover web page so I have to click on new session.Any help would be appreciated but remember lights on but ain't nobody home most...