Windows 10: Win10 version 1903 update fail despite having the latest Intel RST drivers

Discus and support Win10 version 1903 update fail despite having the latest Intel RST drivers in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have updated my Intel RST drivers to the latest version (17.5.1.1021) but windows update still keeps preventing the win 10 feature 1903 update from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 1_is_not_here, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Win10 version 1903 update fail despite having the latest Intel RST drivers

I have updated my Intel RST drivers to the latest version (17.5.1.1021) but windows update still keeps preventing the win 10 feature 1903 update from progressing raising the Intel RST issue.

How can I resolve this?

:)

1_is_not_here, Jul 26, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Intel RST service is not running

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The Intel RST service is for the Intel Rapid Storage Driver. The Intel Rapid Storage Driver provides speed for data transfer and improves the performance for SATA drives or PCIe drives.

• What is the make and model of the computer and motherboard?

You can follow the methods mentioned below and check if that helps:

Method 1: Changing the startup type for Service

You can try changing the startup type for the Intel RST service and check if that makes a difference. Please refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold Windows key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type serivces.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Now, scroll down, look for Intel RST service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    4. Now, under startup type select Automatic from the drop down menu.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Method 2: Updating the drivers manually

You can try downloading the latest version of Intel Rapid Storage Driver from the

Intel Website
    and check if that helps. However, I would suggest checking with the motherboard manufacturer website as well.

If you are using RAID configuration, I suggest you to post your query in

TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on RAID configuration.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 26, 2019
  3. sunde Win User
    Since the latest Win10 update intel RST has stopped working...

Hi everyone,

Windows 10 just launched a big update (16th April was the installation for me), I believe it enabled Cortana here in Australia, upon restarting I was getting annoying notifications I had previously disabled, and a bunch of smaller software updates were available.

Anyway, I noticed my Intel Rapid Store Technology icon was not the usual "green tick", instead it was a little blue circle, indicating it was not running. When trying to open the application I get an error asking me to restart or reinstall. I did both, but RST will not install, citing that my "platform is not supported" - this is using the latest drivers on the intel website: Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) RAID Driver

I've browsed countless forums, all with different suggestions, I've tried uninstalling the previous version, using 7zip instead of winRAR, using older versions of the intel RST drivers, restarted 20 times, manually starting the service in services.msc etc. nothing works.

I'm guessing this is some sort of version related issue but I am not tech savvy enough to resolve the issue so I'm hoping someone can help me out here... any suggestions are greatly appreciated, I've attached some system info and the install log below:

Win10  version 1903 update fail despite having the latest Intel RST drivers [​IMG]

IntelRST.log

I'd be happy to provide any other information, thank you dearly

sunde, Jul 26, 2019
  4. Win10 version 1903 update fail despite having the latest Intel RST drivers

Intel RST service

Since it's an upgrade, some software/drivers may need update to support Windows 10. Hence try updating the software/drivers to the latest version and then check.

Additionally, check with the software support for compatibility with Windows 10.

Latest version of Intel RST can be found here:

Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) User Interface and Driver

Regarding WiFi, kindly contact the computer manufacturer support on compatibility with Windows 10.

Balaji Kundalam, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

Win10 version 1903 update fail despite having the latest Intel RST drivers

1. Win10 version 1903 update fail despite having the latest Intel RST drivers - Similar Threads - Win10 version 1903

2. Having issues with intel RST driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having issues with intel RST driver: Hello community , I am having problems where my laptop freezes for 20 seconds and comes back again , and when i see the logs in the event viewer , these are the two errors ,"The IO operation at logical block address 0x2759328 for Disk 0 PDO name: \Device\00000036 was...
  3. Having issues with intel RST driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having issues with intel RST driver: Hello community , I am having problems where my laptop freezes for 20 seconds and comes back again , and when i see the logs in the event viewer , these are the two errors ,"The IO operation at logical block address 0x2759328 for Disk 0 PDO name: \Device\00000036 was...
  4. Intel RST driver concern

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel RST driver concern: An Intel RST driver already downloaded through WU on my desktop with a Z370 chipset. Device Manager nags with a pop up message that Intel 300 Series Chipset SATA AHCI Controller is ready to install the driver A probable cause for raised concern was found on Win-Raid : this...
  5. intel RST driver

intel RST driver: couldn't update Windows 10 intel rst doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-rst-driver/89c4ee5f-170d-443c-b166-4c4a8c955750
  6. Intel RST- 1903 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Intel RST- 1903 update: Any updates on the fix for 1903- intel rst error. When do we expect the update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-rst-1903-update/5cbbd4a4-918e-4d7a-9b56-568b37d61765
  7. Update 1903 with Intel RST

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 1903 with Intel RST: Hi, while updating i found out that my pc (an HP Probook 450 G4, with SSD drive ) is one of those that have compatibiliy issues (i have the "Intel Rapid Storage Technology"), so i've updated my drivers (from the Intel Site) and got the latest version (17.5.1.1021). That...
  8. What Is The Latest Intel RST Driver for Intel X99 Platforms?

What Is The Latest Intel RST Driver for Intel X99 Platforms?: Hi. So my manufacturer (MSI) haven't updated the SATA ACHI/RAID drivers since 2016 and it is labeled version 14.8.0.1042. To my knowledge I can't install the latest one from Intel (17.2.0.1009) because it is incompatible with the X99 platform (?), so what is the latest one...
  9. Intel RST Driver

Intel RST Driver: I usually browse this forum to keep up with new driver updates and whatnot (especially all those freaking Realtek driver updates!), but I haven't seen a post about Intel RST drivers, so I'd like to let people know that Intel release a new version a little while ago:...
  10. Since the latest Win10 update intel RST has stopped working...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since the latest Win10 update intel RST has stopped working...: Hi everyone, Windows 10 just launched a big update (16th April was the installation for me), I believe it enabled Cortana here in Australia, upon restarting I was getting annoying notifications I had previously disabled, and a bunch of smaller software updates were...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel rst win10 1904

2. win10 1903 fail

3. WHICH VERSION OF Intel® RST

4. intel rst driver update causes windows boot to fail,
  5. win10 update 1903 fail,
  6. realtek windows 10 1903 hp all in all ,
  7. windows 10 upgrade failing C660 /C220 sSATA driver,
  8. windows 1903 problemer,
  9. amd system configuration is not compatible for RAID drivers or application installation,
  10. windows 1903 update fail,
  11. how to check Intel® RST drivers version in win10,
  12. windows 1903 - realtec ,
  13. updating an HP 15 witha pentium Intel processor to Windows 1903,
  14. current version of Intel RST,
  15. 1903 update working