Windows 10: Win10 Virtual Partition Disappear After Installing Canon G3010

Discus and support Win10 Virtual Partition Disappear After Installing Canon G3010 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have been using Lenovo X1 Carbon running Win10 for one year. When the notebook was new, I made virtual partitions E: & F: from C: to put my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BillyLAM24972469, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Win10 Virtual Partition Disappear After Installing Canon G3010

Hello,

I have been using Lenovo X1 Carbon running Win10 for one year. When the notebook was new, I made virtual partitions E: & F: from C: to put my current & older documents. Under E: is only a large folder named "My Documents" & F: is "Warehouse". These disappeared from File Explorer whenever there was a Restart. However, I could find these E: & F: under the Win10 default "Document" folder. These were shown again in File Explorer after I clicked on these in the Win10 default "Document" folder. It was not nice but still acceptable.

I bought & installed a Canon G3010 printer scanner on June 30, 2019. All things worked. Finally I made setting of destination folders of scanned documents & scanned photos. Default from Canon was inside the Win10 default "Document" folder. I selected my virtual drive E: "My Documents" instead. I made a test to scan & the scanned document (PDF) went to the E: "My Documents" as expected. So I though things were OK. I switched off my notebook & not did anything more.

Next morning on July 01, 2019, I switched on my notebook to work. A Canon dialogue window popped up asking if I wanted to enter a survey. I disagreed & the dialogue window was gone. I started LiveMail as usual & things looked OK. When I wanted to save attachment from my email, I realised the complete virtual drive E: "My Documents" disappeared. Only vitrual drive F: "Warehouse" was there. I searched "My Documents" in File Explorer, It showed a few results of shortcut but said destinations were "no longer exits".

I suspected there were certain conflict between the scanned documents destination folder & my virtual drive E: "My Documents" resulting this strange issue. Note that my vitrual drive F: "Warehouse", which is basically of the same nature, is still there. I am not a computer guy & have no ability to solve this problem. All my working documents mainly in Excel, PDF, PPT & Word formats are inside my virtual drive E: "My Documents". Would somebody give me advices how to resolve? Thanks a lot!

Billy

:)

BillyLAM24972469, Jul 1, 2019
  2. Toothless Win User

Question about Win10 and partitions.

Win10 Virtual Partition Disappear After Installing Canon G3010 [​IMG]

So I have a partition ready for Win10 but my question is will I still be able to access my other partitions once Win10 is installed? I keep hearing about the "recovery partition won't be able to be used" and I'm wondering if Win10 just doesn't play nice or if I'm good to go.

Toothless, Jul 1, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jul 1, 2019
  4. Win10 Virtual Partition Disappear After Installing Canon G3010

Win10 Preview install problems

Trying to install the Win10 preview. I've created a 50 Gb partition on my primary drive for the install. When I try to install 10, I get a error saying 10 can't be installed on the drive. The drive is of the GPT partition type. From what I've read, I need to convert my drive to a MBR partition type. The only instructions I can find about that involve converting the entire drive, meaning I loose everything on my main drive. Is there a way to convert just the partition I created for the Win10 install to a MBR partition type?

BarbaricSoul, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

Win10 Virtual Partition Disappear After Installing Canon G3010

1. Win10 Virtual Partition Disappear After Installing Canon G3010 - Similar Threads - Win10 Virtual Partition

2. Disk partition disappeared after CHKDSK

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk partition disappeared after CHKDSK: I have 3 HDDs and have each formatted with 2 partitions: OS and data, 500 GB in each partition. I wanted to increase the size of the data partition by 300 GB for one of the HDDs something I have done before with no trouble. I decreased the size of the OS partition which as...
  3. Partition disappeared after "locking" shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Partition disappeared after "locking" shutdown: Greetings, Some few days ago, my Windows 10 Tablet/PC suddenly displayed a "locking" blue screen and shut down right after. I believe this happened because the battery was low. Since them, when I turn on the PC, what I see is this screen: [IMG] This is not the first...
  4. installation of Win10 in a virtual machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    installation of Win10 in a virtual machine: I installed a licensed copy of Win 10 in a virtual machine and once I screwed it up beyond repair I deleted it and created another one. But when I went to activate it I wasn't able to because it was already assigned to another machine and I needed to call MS and spend 8...
  5. Partition Monitor virtually

in Windows 10 Customization
    Partition Monitor virtually: Hello, Situation: I have dual monitor, one horizontal and one vertical. Question: I would like to partition the second vertical monitor into a separate screen,so virtually create 2 screens on my vertical monitor. Is this possible? I'm using NVIDIA drivers for everything...
  6. By installing Win10 Access denied to a partition

in Windows 10 Support
    By installing Win10 Access denied to a partition: Hello, I'm usualy using Win7 installed on a SSD (win7) and and a HDD for data. I start installing Win 10 on a new SSD (disconnect SSD win7 and connect instead). Win10 installed and work like a charm except access through Win Explorer to G: partition of the HDD. I've access...
  7. Recovered data disappears after copying to new Win10 installation

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovered data disappears after copying to new Win10 installation: I've been a self employed I.T. engineer for 15 years. I have a routine when reinstalling windows for a client. I remove the hard drive, make a backup, replace, format & install windows. Then I remove the hard drive, connect it to the server with the backup and restore the...
  8. Virtual hard drive made with partition wizard lost after win10 install

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual hard drive made with partition wizard lost after win10 install: As per title, i have this annoying issue. Having a 3TB hard drive in win7, after partitioning normally the first 2GB of it, i opted to use partition wizard to partition the remaining 1GB of the drive. It did so, i assume, by creating a permanent virtual hard drive. After...
  9. Disk partitioning, win10 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk partitioning, win10 installation: [img] Hello. Can somebody explain me what EFI System Partition is doing? Should i remove it? I've tryied already to install win10 from USB multiple times. After installation, pc restarts and starts to display UNACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE, or , if i insert USB again and click...
  10. Partitions after installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Partitions after installation: Windows 10 Pro My progressively failing defective motherboard caused a lot of problems, as can be imagined, including failed attempts at system re-installation, restoration of backup images, and boot corruption/failure. After motherboard replacement, I decided to start...