Windows 10: win10 VPN samba Android

Discus and support win10 VPN samba Android in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; yo dudes! im so i got a little project going on here and its not going well. I have my win10 pc at home and i want to access my network shared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by premier69, Feb 2, 2016.

1. premier69 Win User

win10 VPN samba Android

yo dudes! im

so i got a little project going on here and its not going well.

I have my win10 pc at home and i want to access my network shared hdd's from my android when im out and about. I am using Total Commander on my Android. I can browse the network shared drives when I'm at home connected to my network, and i want to be able to do the same thing when I'm elsewhere, that's possible right? That's samba (SMB) and VPN I'm supposed to use then, right?

:)

premier69, Feb 2, 2016

2. Built in VPN seems flaky, is there a reliable alternative

I agree with Ben,

MS VPN in WIN10 is very flaky especially around IKEv2 connections. It sometimes works and then it doesn't. When will this software be fixed?

All other devices connect to VPN without issue. Win 7, IOS, OSX , Linux devices, Android etc.

Just Win 10 seem to have the problems with IKEv2 VPN.

Typical msg is "The network connection between you computer and the VPN server could not be established because the remote server is not responding."

I believe this is a client based problem as sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

As I have previously mentioned every VPN client from the other Operating Systems test with NO problems. So the server is solid , however Win10 VPN client isn't.

Justin

JustinPatane, Feb 2, 2016
  3. Windows 10 client authentication problem with NAS devices via SMB/CIFS protokol.

I've got a Samba share in my office that cannot be mapped as a file share by Win10, yet it can be accessed via http(s) protocols.

It is not shown by NET VIEW command but by MS file manager as streaming device, computer and storage.

However, it can be accessed only as a streaming device. As a computer it requires authentication but cannot be authenticated with even de device's admin pw.

As I have found it on the net, it is because some enhanced security of Win10 that some Samba implementations are not prepared for.

I was wondering whether NFS could be a workaround until it gets fixed (or hacked), but I have not found the article that explains how to switch it on.

GáborDr. Kisfaludi, Feb 2, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

win10 VPN samba Android

SMB has nothing to do with VPN or Android OS. In order to be able to VPN into your home, you would have to have a VPN server or a Router that allows PPTP VPN. You can use the Raspberry Pi B 2 as a OpenVPN server. Then you just need to run the OpenVPN client on your Android device.

bro67, Feb 2, 2016
Thema:

win10 VPN samba Android

1. win10 VPN samba Android - Similar Threads - win10 VPN samba

2. Win10 VPN client password problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 VPN client password problem: I recently upgraded from a Surface Pro 3 running win10 to a Surface Pro 7 running win10. I use the win10 vpn client to connect via pptp to a LInksys LRT224 router. The Surface Pro 3 and all my other computers connects with no problem. However, the Surface Pro 7 starts to...
  3. Win10 VPN client password problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 VPN client password problem: I recently upgraded from a Surface Pro 3 running win10 to a Surface Pro 7 running win10. I use the win10 vpn client to connect via pptp to a LInksys LRT224 router. The Surface Pro 3 and all my other computers connects with no problem. However, the Surface Pro 7 starts to...
  4. Connecting to VPN from Win10 unsuccessful

Connecting to VPN from Win10 unsuccessful: I have been trying to connect to my company's VPN for days in vain now. I haven't used a VPN on my Windows 10 laptop before. I added the new VPN connection to Settings - Network & Internet - VPN: provided the server name, VPN type L2TP/IPSec with pre-shared key, pre-shared...
  5. VPN client with kill switch, as an alternative to the native Win10 VPN?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VPN client with kill switch, as an alternative to the native Win10 VPN?: Hi all, TL;DR: is there any Win10 VPN client I can use to connect to my home VPN, possibly with kill-switch functionality? I have searched Reddit, but unfortunately all posts either point to VPN providers or to ideas for Torrents. When I am traveling, I usually connect my...
  6. Win10 & Server 2019 VPN Help

Win10 & Server 2019 VPN Help: Hi, I'm trying to find the VPN information on a Windows Server 2019 Standard system so that I can remotely connect to the PC's that are connected to it. Can someone point me in the right direction because when I Google it, it only seems to mention setting a VPN up from the...
  7. Win10 & Server 2019 VPN Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 & Server 2019 VPN Help: Hi, I'm trying to find the VPN information on a Windows Server 2019 Standard system so that I can remotely connect to the PC's that are connected to it. Can someone point me in the right direction because when I Google it, it only seems to mention setting a VPN up from the...
  8. Samba connectivity

Samba connectivity: I'm still working with a problem I've mentioned here before: my Windows boxes have lost connectivity to my Samba box since adopting Win 10. There are dozens of flavors of this problem discussed online, and dozens of solutions, none of which have worked for me. Describing...
  9. Samba access from Android device stopped working

Samba access from Android device stopped working: I used to be able to access my Windows 10 machine from my Android tablet via smb:// but this has now stopped working. My Android file manager app can still discover and get the correct name of my PC, but username/password is no longer accepted. The only thing that has...
  10. SAMBA WINS Server + IPsec SIte to Site VPN = Browsing Service Not Work

SAMBA WINS Server + IPsec SIte to Site VPN = Browsing Service Not Work: I have setup a Site-to-Site VPN using Sophos UTM at each end. I set up an Ubuntu VM as a WINS Server using Samba. So far so good. VPN Works. My problem is with the WINS Server. I have taken two Windows 10 computers and for both of them added the IP of the WINS server...