Windows 10: Win10 warning about Virus protection.

Discus and support Win10 warning about Virus protection. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, Windows 10 is asking me to install an Anti Virus program. although I have already installed one Idk what I should do with this [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by fadi, Aug 29, 2015.

1. fadi Win User

Win10 warning about Virus protection.

Hello,

Windows 10 is asking me to install an Anti Virus program. although I have already installed one

Idk what I should do with this

Win10 warning about Virus protection. [​IMG]

:)

2. False warnings about virus protection

When following these instructions, cannot start the Windows defender service -- get an error code of 577. Also cannot change from manual to automatic -- this option displays but is not available to be selected - also WSR or Webroot secure does NOT show
    up on the screen displayed from the services.msc command. But, have found WRSVC and it is already running and already set to automatic. Also ran a scan with Webroot and it does not detect any problems.

grandmakath, Aug 29, 2015
  3. Arul_D Win User
    False warnings about virus protection

Hi Joe,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

What is the exact error message or error code you are getting?

I understand the inconvenience caused, I will be glad to assist you with this.

To better assist you, do let us know if you have tried disabling either one of them and checked if the issue persists.

I would suggest you to try the steps below to check if the services are running correctly:

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type services.msc and press enter.

3. Look for Windows defender service and webroot secure anywhere service or WSR service.

4. Right click and select "properties".

5. Change the startup to "automatic" and make sure the service is started.

Let us know the result.

Arul_D, Aug 29, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

What AV are you using?

5. Gary Win User
    OK Next, if you will not answer , I cannot help you.

6. fadi Win User
    I am using ESET smart security 8

7. Gary Win User
    Check their website and make sure uit is compatible with Windows 10. If so go to services and disable Defender and the click on that drop down arrow on the top of your screen shot and click on don't notify me about this anymore or whatever is says. Good luck.

8. fadi Win User

is it possible to find out why without shutting off the notifications

9. wjay Win User
    Already had a problem with the above , had error bdselfpt.sys and could not use the system at all . Uninstalled BD and went to Panda no signs of trouble since (full week) .

10. ESET :: Support :: Contact Customer Care

You could try to uninstall ESET and install it again or just contact the support.

TairikuOkami, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 warning about Virus protection. - Similar Threads - Win10 warning Virus

2. About the Windows Security Virus & Threat protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About the Windows Security Virus & Threat protection: I have checked the Virus & Threat Protection and there is a thread Trojan Virus detected. and then use 'Quick Scan' to scan the computer. The 'Start Action' comes up. I press it, but it just keep looping with the Virus still here. May I ask what can I do in order to remove...
  3. About the Windows Security Virus & Threat protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About the Windows Security Virus & Threat protection: I have checked the Virus & Threat Protection and there is a thread Trojan Virus detected. and then use 'Quick Scan' to scan the computer. The 'Start Action' comes up. I press it, but it just keep looping with the Virus still here. May I ask what can I do in order to remove...
  4. Warning in Virus & threat protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Warning in Virus & threat protection: How do I remove the red X under virus & threat protection?[Original Title: Security] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/warning-in-virus-threat-protection/a646d323-bf3d-4fec-9e24-1244d808d5d3
  5. About Virus Protection

About Virus Protection: Hi, i am using windows 8. when i am trying to update my windows defender it's been downloading failed, and it's showing out of date even if i update the windows defender.. How can i solve that problem? will you please assist me?...
  6. Question about virus protection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about virus protection: I have not used a laptop in over 5 years and am figuring out my Lenovo Flex 15. My free McAfee expired. My husband says I don't need virus protection (he is a Mac guy) I can't believe that is right. Back in the day I used free virus protection software. Any advice of your...
  7. Windows Security Virus & thread protection warning for ransomware protection

Windows Security Virus & thread protection warning for ransomware protection: I have Windows 10 Home with all the updates installed as of 2019-11-30, 15:38 UTC. For a couple of weeks, the notification centre warning has been annoying me with asking to set up OneDrive, which I do not want to use. When I click on "Dismiss", I expect the warning to...
  8. Cannot Upload Virus protect of win10

Cannot Upload Virus protect of win10: I ran win 10. Now I cannot update Virus protect like this picture.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cannot-upload-virus-protect-of-win10/42aa4358-9551-43dc-8725-eddcd60a4ff9
  9. Virus warning

Virus warning: Regularly receiving virus warnings from:...
  10. Virus and Threat Protection Warnings

Virus and Threat Protection Warnings: I continually get this message from the Windows Defender Security Center: Virus and Threat Protection Unauthorised changes blocked Controlled folder access blocked C:\Pro...\ETD_GetSMART.exe from making changes to memory Is there a way to remove this virus from my...