Windows 10: Win10 weird shutdown problem

Discus and support Win10 weird shutdown problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I'm having this weird bug since a while. Everytime I press shut down nothing happens till 5-20 minutes later when it finally shows the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KB-Urpils, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Win10 weird shutdown problem

Hey guys, I'm having this weird bug since a while. Everytime I press shut down nothing happens till 5-20 minutes later when it finally shows the shutdown screen. Did any of you encounter this or know how to fix it? I have the 64 bit educational version. Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/KB-Urpils
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KB-Urpils, Dec 12, 2020

2. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Dec 12, 2020
  3. Senarium Win User
    Weird BSOD problem

Hi Everyone,

I have a weird BSOD problem which I cannot solve for a while(it persists still after upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7)

The main strange thing about this is that I get BSOD only after cold boot.
    So it acts like this:

1. start PC.
    2. Get to Windows Logo Screen
    3. BSOD
    4. Restart
    5. Get to menu where I can try to repair or Start NormallyIf I Choose Repair, it will fail to repair and will try to restoreIf I Choose Start Normally, it will start OK, no BSOD, can work normally, games, browse internet, everything is normal.6. Shutdown PC
    7. Next time when I start is all over again i.e. Go to Step 1

I have this problem for a while, so what I tried:
    1. Another Windows 7
    2. Another HDD
    3. Only HDD connected
    4. Changed RAM
    5. Tried with built in GPU
    6. Upgraded to Windows 10

Result is the same as above every time.

Please suggest what could be the cause.
    Logs collected with DM_Log_Collector, attached.

Thank you

PS. This thread is a continuation of this one: Frequent multiple errors BSOD. Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums the only thing changed is Windows 10 now. instead of Windows 7. If that helps somehow.

Senarium, Dec 12, 2020
  4. HJW001 Win User

Win10 weird shutdown problem

Windows 10 Various Problems

Hello All,

I know this has probably been asked a few times but just need some clarification if I could, I have the below problems in list form (I'm by no means a computer whiz but can follow steps *Smile)

- EVERYTIME Win10 Boots it takes about 15 minutes from start to my login screen
    - Constant BSOD (sometimes on boot, and in general use)
    - Can't shutdown with Start, Shutdown button (have to shutdown via taskmanager)
    - Programs won't run from desktop or from program list (mainly Copytrans manager & ifunbox for music, other than that I mainly just watch movies or kids on youtube

Many thanks and will see what happens.

Cheers

HJW001, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

Win10 weird shutdown problem

1. Win10 weird shutdown problem - Similar Threads - Win10 weird shutdown

2. Weird app name preventing shutdown

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird app name preventing shutdown: Anyone have any idea what this app is? I tried searching online with no luck. Prevents shutdown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/weird-app-name-preventing-shutdown/a1ad784d-8ae3-4fc8-9f85-975eef75e49b
  3. Weird problem . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird problem . . .: My name is, Dana. This is my problem I have a dual boot computer running Windows 10 and Windows 11 excuse my punctuation I'm speaking into a microphone and I don't really want to go back and correct it so do your best to read it I have a pin setup that I use for both Windows...
  4. PC restart on clicking shutdown weird problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC restart on clicking shutdown weird problem: My laptop showed this weird problem of rebooting within 5 seconds of clicking shut down.As usual I looked up and tried to follow all possible fixes but none of them seemed to workBelow are the fixes I attempted1 Turning Off all services clean boot environment to identify...
  5. There is a weird problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There is a weird problem: There is a weird problem in my computer. When I plugged my charger at my computer and I tried to open games like Valorant etc., I could not open game game gave errors about internet connection or there is a another example, I opened another game like offline game and I want...
  6. something weird preventing shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    something weird preventing shutdown: something called 4D4C was preventing my PC from shutting down, the application had no icon and i cant find anything about it anywhere, could this be malware? submitted by /u/FoxPUBG [link] [comments]...
  7. Shutdown Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shutdown Problem: Okay, I've been experiencing all kinds of problems recently. Driver problems, CPU temp problems. Anyways, hello everyone. I've been experiencing a problem with my shutdown recently. Usually, an "indicator" that the shutdown is complete is when the keyboard lights (RGB...
  8. Shutdown problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shutdown problem: Whenever i try to scan my laptop and installing game , my laptop restart showing blue screen. showing message "your pc ran into a problem and ned to restart, we are collecting some info" Did anybody know the solution??...
  9. weird problem with 2018 hp's freezing up in win10 1809

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    weird problem with 2018 hp's freezing up in win10 1809: I have this weird problem with 2018 HP's (HP ProOne 600 G4 21.5-in Non-Touch AiO) in Windows 10 1809. Eventually, they can't launch any new applications, and any kind of remote script launch hangs up (remote powershell, altiris). But after a reboot it's fine, but there's...
  10. Shutdown problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown problem: Hi Suddenly over the last week my PC has gone from closing almost instantly to taking 10 to 15 minutes to shut down. Everything else is normal : boot is fast and all programs are running normally. I'm worried something is going wrong and this is the time to stop it. I tried...