Windows 10: Win10 Welcome now needs password ?

Discus and support Win10 Welcome now needs password ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My master PC was upgraded to Win 10 Pro (bona fide) such that it would launch the Welcome screen at start-up, without a password, and without logging... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dave xxx, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Dave xxx Win User

Win10 Welcome now needs password ?

My master PC was upgraded to Win 10 Pro (bona fide) such that it would launch the Welcome screen at start-up, without a password, and without logging into a Microsoft account.

However, after trying to rectify the Xbox app, which involved my accessing my Microsoft account for another system (Dell laptop), Windows at start-up now seeks a password at the welcome stage, which I haven't got, nor do I want.

Windows now wants wants to verify my identity, by sending a security code.

I simply wish to start-up the PC and use it without passwords/security codes/logging in to Microsoft, etc., like I have done for the past 6 months or so. I currently cannot access Outlook 2016 to process mail (only via web-mail).

Any suggestions for a remedy would be much appreciated.

:)

Dave xxx, Jul 4, 2020
  2. Shoshi Win User

Admin password unknown and missing files after upload

Ok, I know these questions have been asked, but I have tried everything I can understand.
    Need to be spoken like a noob - step by step please.
    Win10 put on my system everything initially fine, then discovered files missing - tried to install a recover program to be frustrated by a prompt to input an admin password with User [USER-PC\USER]
    I have tried every password ever used.
    I have tried going to cmd prompt
    I cant install anything to circumnavigate because I cant get past this dialogue.

any suggests?

Shoshi, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Gusgf Win User
    Issues with Win10 Media Creation Tool

Got it working in the end, not sure what happened but now have bootable usb with Win10 on it.

Gusgf, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Win10 Welcome now needs password ?

Window 10 does not recognize password

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

If you are referring to the lock screen, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• On the lock screen, click on Ease of access icon next to network connection icon.

• Click On Screen keyboard.

• Type the password and check.

I also suggest you to change the language and check.

• On the lock screen, click on language icon next to network connection icon.

• Click the language to US English.

• Type the password and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

Win10 Welcome now needs password ?

1. Win10 Welcome now needs password ? - Similar Threads - Win10 Welcome needs

2. password win10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    password win10: Why i cant remove the password even if i am using local account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-win10/26416103-df7d-4de1-a6d1-c12982ab11b3
  3. Win10 Welcome now needs password ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win10 Welcome now needs password ?: My master PC was upgraded to Win 10 Pro (bona fide) such that it would launch the Welcome screen at start-up, without a password, and without logging into a Microsoft account. However, after trying to rectify the Xbox app, which involved my accessing my Microsoft account for...
  4. Can Win10 be installed and setup NOT to need password on bootup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can Win10 be installed and setup NOT to need password on bootup: I would like to turn my home built computer to go into windows without having to enter a PW. It's win10 Pro. Can that be done? 155991
  5. Sold laptop, now new owner needs password ???

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Sold laptop, now new owner needs password ???: I sold my laptop online after doing a factory restart on it. Removed all my personal files and kept Windows 10 on it. Now, the new owner messaged me that he needs a password for the laptop. Not a PIN, but a password. I don't remember resetting any passwords or pins....
  6. WIN10 stuck looping welcome screen, won’t even make it to password prompt.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WIN10 stuck looping welcome screen, won’t even make it to password prompt.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/T1ElvishMystic [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fke5i5/win10_stuck_looping_welcome_screen_wont_even_make/
  7. Reinstalled win10 a few weeks ago and now its stuck on welcome screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    Reinstalled win10 a few weeks ago and now its stuck on welcome screen.: So I had a automatic repair loop problem a few weeks back, that was probably caused by a registry corruption and it was impossible to fix. I had to move all my files on a different pc and then reinstalled windows via a usb stick. Everything worked fine up until today. I...
  8. Win10 login without a password and welcome screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win10 login without a password and welcome screen: Hi, i have an issue. I want to be able to boot my PC to desktop without any passwords. I've already tried "netplwiz" and all these kinds of commands (which leads to the same thing) and i had kinda success: i have no password on boot. Yet for any 20th or 30th boot I still got...
  9. win10 login screen saying "welcome" then saying " incorrect password"

win10 login screen saying "welcome" then saying " incorrect password": hi, my girlfriends computer recently locked her out, we where ****ing around with trying to delete the windows.old folder after a recent update(wouldn't let us because of missing ownership) so she logged out and when she wanted to login again then it would say "welcome" for...
  10. Automatic entry of Welcome Screen Password?

Automatic entry of Welcome Screen Password?: When my Windows Ten Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop boots up, I need to enter a password to get to the Welcome Screen. Can I have that password entered by the system instead of me typing it in each time? If so, how do I do that. Thanks, Sam K. 37492