Windows 10: Win10: Wifi gone as soon as I shut down the PC

Discus and support Win10: Wifi gone as soon as I shut down the PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I received my HP Laptop (for work) in January. All was working well for about a month. Now, about 2 weeks ago, I noticed when I shut down the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kalinda80, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Kalinda80 Win User

Win10: Wifi gone as soon as I shut down the PC

Hello,

I received my HP Laptop (for work) in January. All was working well for about a month. Now, about 2 weeks ago, I noticed when I shut down the pc, my Wifi disappears. All devices I have that are well connected to Wifi throughout the day suddenly disconnect. When I try to reconnect them, my Wifi is not visible. As soon as I switch on my PC again, it works fine again.

It took a few days until I realized it has to do with the win 10 pc. Before that, I rebooted my router, re-defined the Wifi (new name, new pw) and also tried with a guest network. Then I realized it always happens when I shut down the pc. So clearly the issue is the pc, not my router.

Windows 10 enterprise

Version 1803

OS Build 17134.648

Last week, I have verified all drivers are up to date, windows updates and microsoft updates are up to date. I then ran each and every troubleshooter I could run on the pc. After that, it worked for about a week. Since today, the issue is back.

Other things I've tried now:

- reset network

- uninstall adapters and have windows install them again

- make sure driver power management is switched off

- run the netsh winsock reset catalog and netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log commands

- run all troubleshooters again

- restart router

- run windows and microsoft updates

- shut pc down when wifi is switched off (i usually use LAN so would not need wifi at all while at home)

- show hidden devices on device manager and disable the microsoft wifi thing

What I cannot do:

- make changes to firewall or mcaffee antivirus. as this is a company pc, I can't make changes

I have no clue what else to do, can anyone help?

:)

Kalinda80, Mar 12, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Mar 12, 2019
  3. James D Win User
    ICS From WiFi to LAN on Win 10 pc

I'm trying to set up a small temporary 6 computer network using all Windows 10 Pro PCs running version 1803.

I am trying to share one computers WiFi connection to the other PCs over LAN using an 8 port smart switch.

I searched extensively and not found an answer, some say it's not supported anymore, some say it is but it's configuration etc.

I've tried bridging the WiFi and LAN adapters, enabling sharing on the WiFi card and enabling all the services. On this part I noticed that the services are listed with numbers 1700 - 17xx instead of the names as on win 7.

I've also gone to services.msc to check for the ICS service but it's not listed and I haven't found a way to install it.

I can config the PCs to use static IPs etc but I still haven't managed to get it to work!

Any suggestions that don't involve more hardware would be appreciated!

James D, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Win10: Wifi gone as soon as I shut down the PC

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

Win10: Wifi gone as soon as I shut down the PC

1. Win10: Wifi gone as soon as I shut down the PC - Similar Threads - Win10 Wifi gone

2. Windows instantly shuts down as soon as it boots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows instantly shuts down as soon as it boots: Hi everyone,I've got an ASUS Vivobook running Windows 10 acting in a way I've never seen before and it just started out of the blue. As soon as it finishes booting it skips right to the login screen and says "Restarting..." and spins infinitely until I push not hold the power...
  3. Windows instantly shuts down as soon as it boots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows instantly shuts down as soon as it boots: Hi everyone,I've got an ASUS Vivobook running Windows 10 acting in a way I've never seen before and it just started out of the blue. As soon as it finishes booting it skips right to the login screen and says "Restarting..." and spins infinitely until I push not hold the power...
  4. Windows instantly shuts down as soon as it boots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My pc shut down durring win10 instalation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc shut down durring win10 instalation: Hello guys I got delivered Acer Aspire 3 A315-G23, charged it a little, plugged in the USB and started win10 installation, everything was going as normal until after couple of mins the laptop shut down and now it's in endless loop with error displaying ''This computer was...
  6. PC shuts down as soon as I turn it on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shuts down as soon as I turn it on.: My pc asked to update, so I did. I came back to it after about an hour and found nothing but a black screen. After trying to wake it up with both keyboard and mouse I shut it off by holding the power button. Turned it back on and found the same black screen. Repeated process...
  7. PC shuts down as soon as I turn it on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC shuts down as soon as I turn it on.: My pc asked to update, so I did. I came back to it after about an hour and found nothing but a black screen. After trying to wake it up with both keyboard and mouse I shut it off by holding the power button. Turned it back on and found the same black screen. Repeated process...
  8. PC shuts down as soon as I turn it on.

9. Computer shutting down soon after startup

Computer shutting down soon after startup: I installed new ram a few weeks ago, been fine so far. Crashed last night but managed to use all day today. Crashed again and since then hasn't managed to survive for more than 5 minutes. Every time it does not bluescreen, it just acts as if the cable was pulled, and...
  10. Shut down and update in win10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Shut down and update in win10: Hello, I noticed the last couple of days I had an update ready (KB3081424), it needed a restart to finalize this update. Both days I had to many applications open and thought by myself it will update when I shut down the computer when I go the bed or am finished with the...