Windows 10: Win10 Wifi Still not staying connected, despite trying multiple fixes.

Discus and support Win10 Wifi Still not staying connected, despite trying multiple fixes. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. I have tried numerous fixes to get it to stay connected but it just doesn't seem to work. I have done all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by orangecroc, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Win10 Wifi Still not staying connected, despite trying multiple fixes.

Hi, I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. I have tried numerous fixes to get it to stay connected but it just doesn't seem to work.
    I have done all the well documented fixes including registry edits, changing the power management settings on my network device and it just doesn't seem to help. The longest I have managed to stay online in one session is about 45 minutes, but more often than not, it doesn't stay connected longer than 15.

Once the connection is lost, the network cannot connect, or even be found on occasion. This forces me to restart the computer to re-establish the connection.

Does anyone have any ideas, as it's getting to the point where I am tempted to just bin the thing and get a new computer with a version of windows 10 that is not upgraded from an old OS.

:)

orangecroc, Nov 1, 2016
  2. sureshDel Win User

fail to connect coporate wifi after upgrade to win10 from win7

fail to connect corporate wifi after upgrade to win10 from win7.

i have upgraded to win10 at my home using my home wifi connection and wifi is working perfectly in hti scase where as when i try to use same laptop i office it fail to connect to wifi in the office.

tried multiple things but still shows the same problem.

sureshDel, Nov 1, 2016
  3. WIFI not staying connected

After Sunday's update (Windows 10), 12-13-2015, my PC will not stay connected to my Wi-Fi. It has been working fine for a year, now does not. Laptop sits right next to the PC and works fine. Trouble shooting message: " The Windows wireless service is
    not running on this computer". Try these repairs as an administrator, so I do. I get same message " The Windows wireless service is not running on this computer", with "fixed" afterwards. Wi-Fi works for a period, each time different in length of time, before
    disconnecting. What do I do?

[Moved from Community Participation Center]

MikeBrovey, Nov 1, 2016
  4. Superfly Win User

Win10 Wifi Still not staying connected, despite trying multiple fixes.

Nope, but a long-shot:

ipconfig /flushdns

Could be due to corrupted config.

Superfly, Nov 1, 2016
  5. Cool, that's not something I've tried yet. I'll give that a go after work.

orangecroc, Nov 1, 2016
  6. linw Win User
    Have you googled your network device and driver to see whether it may be linked to these? Some people have had driver issues with wifi.

linw, Nov 1, 2016
  7. how old is your router? Sometimes the older routers can't keep up with the newer stuff.

play2mefish, Nov 1, 2016
  8. Win10 Wifi Still not staying connected, despite trying multiple fixes.

I have the correct drivers, made sure I didn't have the ones that were causing these problems elsewhere.

orangecroc, Nov 2, 2016
  9. I believe it's a BT homehub 3, may be a 4. Whichever one was the first to be /n compatible

orangecroc, Nov 2, 2016
  10. Samuria Win User
    Open a admin cmd prompt keep it open then type these cmds
    ipconfig /all >reg.txt
    netsh wlan show networks mode=bssid >> reg.txt
    netsh wlan show profile >> reg.txt
    netsh interface ipv4 show subinterfaces >>reg.txt
    netsh int tcp show globa >>reg.txt

notepad reg.txt

post results of reg.txt

Samuria, Nov 2, 2016
  11. This did the trick, thank you.

orangecroc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Win10 Wifi Still not staying connected, despite trying multiple fixes.

1. Win10 Wifi Still not staying connected, despite trying multiple fixes. - Similar Threads - Win10 Wifi Still

2. after multiple tries at fixing I am still bluescreening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after multiple tries at fixing I am still bluescreening: Hello,This is a share of the minidumps:minidumpsthe first 4 or so are before I turned driver verification on, the last two ware with verification on.I looked at the dumps and there seems to be a filecrypt.sys error. Could that be a drive going bad? It's an SSD It might even...
  3. after multiple tries at fixing I am still bluescreening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after multiple tries at fixing I am still bluescreening: Hello,This is a share of the minidumps:minidumpsthe first 4 or so are before I turned driver verification on, the last two ware with verification on.I looked at the dumps and there seems to be a filecrypt.sys error. Could that be a drive going bad? It's an SSD It might even...
  4. Multiple BSODs, tried multiple fixes and still no luck.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSODs, tried multiple fixes and still no luck.: Recently my PC has been giving me BSODs every time I load it, within 1 minute of launching to windows. The errors are MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, ATTEMPTED_TO_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY.I have tried multiple fixes, from switching parts such as the motherboard and my...
  5. Multiple BSODs, tried multiple fixes and still no luck.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSODs, tried multiple fixes and still no luck.: Recently my PC has been giving me BSODs every time I load it, within 1 minute of launching to windows. The errors are MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, ATTEMPTED_TO_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY.I have tried multiple fixes, from switching parts such as the motherboard and my...
  6. wifi will not stay connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi will not stay connected: i am beyond over this i did have an ethernet connection but have moved and that is not an optionstart off connected it may last 2 min may last 10 then drops and reconnects sometimes this is any wifi network including mobile hotspots.. i have updated drivers, restore factory...
  7. Can’t connect to or struggle to stay connected to wifi. Tried everything over a course of...

Can’t connect to or struggle to stay connected to wifi. Tried everything over a course of...: My PC works perfectly well with Ethernet connection and is all good otherwise. However, if I want to connect wirelessly I am consistently met with “unable to connect to network” almost every single time. On very rare occasions I have been able to connect and stay connected...
  8. No network despite connected to wifi

No network despite connected to wifi: Recently, I updated my computer on windows and after the update, I lost all access to Internet despite being connected to wifi. I checked my task manager, everything is normal except for the network section which is at 0%. Please help!...
  9. Cortana still crashing despite several fixes

in Cortana
    Cortana still crashing despite several fixes: Hi all, As above Cortana is crashing constantly despite reinstalling, re-registering (using powershell) and also freshly formatting the dive and resintalling win10 twice using two different USB sticks and a fresh version from the creation tool each time. The exact issue...
  10. WiFi Will not Stay Connected

WiFi Will not Stay Connected: I have a Asus Q200E and i have windows 10 on the computer. When using my Mac, it never has problems staying connected to the wifi so I know that is not the issue. I need help with this issue. Thanks...