Windows 10: Win10 wifi totally ignores my DO NOT CONNECT AUTOMATICALLY settings and connects while the...

Discus and support Win10 wifi totally ignores my DO NOT CONNECT AUTOMATICALLY settings and connects while the... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I do NOT want to automatically connect to the internet, so I naturally unchecked the box "Connect Automatically" in the window showing all wifi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jack Manhattan, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Win10 wifi totally ignores my DO NOT CONNECT AUTOMATICALLY settings and connects while the...

I do NOT want to automatically connect to the internet, so I naturally unchecked the box "Connect Automatically" in the window showing all wifi networks available, and ALSO withing the Network Connections (settings/wifi/change adapter options/my wifi in the Network Connections). My bloody win10 reboots and STILL automatically connects to internet WHILE the boxes remain unchecked. This is effin kicking in my Army PTSD & making me insane(r?)... PLEASE HELP! Arrrgh. THANK YOU!

:)

Jack Manhattan, Feb 23, 2019
  2. tmork Win User

Laptop unable to automatically connect to university wifi

Hello,

as the Title says, ever since upgrading to windows 10, my laptop will not automatically connect to my university wifi. It simply says (translated from german) "connection to this network is impossible".
    to bypass this issue i have to go to the "known networks" list and make my laptop forget the university wifi network.
    after that i can manually connect to the wifi and it prompts me to type in my id and pass as it is supposed to, then it logs me in. It is (obviously) a public network, so i suppose its got to do something with security settings, but i didnt find anything that would seem to solve the issue.
    things ive tried:
    • change frequency of 802.11 to 20MHz only (from automatically).
    • enable FIPS encryption.
    • Update my network adapters drivers.
    • manually type in the id and pw in the specific networks settings

the thing is, when i had win7 on this laptop it would always autoconnect to this network, it only happened after installing win10.

edit: fixed typo in title

tmork, Feb 23, 2019
  3. bro67 Win User
    Laptop unable to automatically connect to university wifi

Go see the campus IT gods that handle student network issues. They are there for a reason and may have to redo the setup to allow your unit to connect to the campus network if there was something they had to do before.

Also they can lock out a computer that flags on the system as an issue, and again go see the IT gods on campus.

bro67, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Machtyn Win User

Win10 wifi totally ignores my DO NOT CONNECT AUTOMATICALLY settings and connects while the...

Windows 10 not automatically connecting (I've read other solutions)

Okay, I'm having an interesting issue. A desktop that was upgraded from Windows 7 64bit to Windows 10 64bit using the normal upgrade path. I forgot to uninstall my internet security software (Comodo) so I had to fight the "no wifi after upgrade" issue. I got that resolved by following the steps others have found.

However, now my wifi is not saving the password nor is it remembering the "Connect Automatically" settings. That is, I uncheck the box for all other available connections, (even the one I want to automatically connect to eventually), but after reboot, the box is checked again.

Solutions I've tried.
    1. Uninstall the wifi adapter in Device Manager. Unplug device. Reboot to Windows 10 desktop. Plug adapter back into the USB slot. Setup wifi connection with automatically connect checked. Reboot and no automatic connection.
    2. In Manage WiFi Settings, remove any "known networks" from the list. The Forget button is not available in the popup list from the tasktray. Reboot. Reset. Reboot and no automatic connection.

Are there any other tricks I may try that I've missed in my search?

Machtyn, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

Win10 wifi totally ignores my DO NOT CONNECT AUTOMATICALLY settings and connects while the...

1. Win10 wifi totally ignores my DO NOT CONNECT AUTOMATICALLY settings and connects while the... - Similar Threads - Win10 wifi totally

2. WiFi connecting automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi connecting automatically: I noticed recently that all the wifi networks in my area are selected to "connect automatically" even though I don't know any of them. When I do go through and uncheck the setting, it'll automatically check it again. What should I do?...
  3. WiFi connecting automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi connecting automatically: I noticed recently that all the wifi networks in my area are selected to "connect automatically" even though I don't know any of them. When I do go through and uncheck the setting, it'll automatically check it again. What should I do?...
  4. Ability to connect to WiFi is totally gone?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ability to connect to WiFi is totally gone?: This happened about a month ago. I brought my laptop from my room to the living room for the first time that day, and it simply couldn’t connect to the internet. Before I moved the laptop it was working fine. I don't know if that info is necessary, but it might be important....
  5. Help! DON'T CONNECT TO WIFI WHILE INSTALLING WIN10!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help! DON'T CONNECT TO WIFI WHILE INSTALLING WIN10!: I have a Toshiba Satellite that was previously running Windows 10 which I was going to give to a family member after factory resetting it. I've installed Win 10 plenty of times before on VMs and such and didn't think this would be much different. However, during the...
  6. Wifi Not Automatically Connecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Not Automatically Connecting: Hi, I recently installed windows10 pro 64-bit edition on my wifes laptop (legally) with authentic key. I've already updated the driver for her wifi adapter, upon startup most of the time it fails to automatically connect to our wifi signal. When it does it shows the the...
  7. Laptop will not connect to WIFI Automatically

Laptop will not connect to WIFI Automatically: My laptop hp will not connect to WIFI Automatically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-will-not-connect-to-wifi-automatically/1e213074-9a86-440c-bd8c-c05292f65025
  8. Wifi doesnt connect automatically

Wifi doesnt connect automatically: Hi, On my laptop wifi is setup to connect automatically and it used to connect automatically. Recently it doesnt connect automatically. Everytime i have to run network troubleshooter to connect. My other wifi devices connect to the same router without any problem. Help...
  9. Connected but not totally connected.

Connected but not totally connected.: I am connected to the internet or I could not send this Settings show Status Not Connected View Network Properties Wi-Fi shows " Connected to the internet". The Microsoft Apps Store states no connection found, The Microsoft Games states no connection. Everything else is...
  10. How do I get wifi to connect automatically and stay connected?

How do I get wifi to connect automatically and stay connected?: Thanks but still have the same problem.