Windows 10: WIN10 will not keep no sleep (HD & Display) setting

Discus and support WIN10 will not keep no sleep (HD & Display) setting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all- The power setting in my WIN10 system will not keep 'no sleep' on both the HD and display regardless of overall setting, ie., Balanced/High... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by newtie, May 7, 2019.

1. newtie Win User

WIN10 will not keep no sleep (HD & Display) setting

Hi all-

The power setting in my WIN10 system will not keep 'no sleep' on both the HD and display regardless of overall setting, ie., Balanced/High Performance etc. It always reverts back to some stock config that I'm trying to remove. I download large bgls for my flight simulator over a not so fast connection and going to sleep after 2 hours (of essentially 3.5 hr dload) totally borks everything.

Any ideas power manager folk out there?

Thanks,
    Mark

:)

newtie, May 7, 2019

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 7, 2019
  3. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 7, 2019
  4. WIN10 will not keep no sleep (HD & Display) setting

Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, May 7, 2019
Thema:

WIN10 will not keep no sleep (HD & Display) setting

1. WIN10 will not keep no sleep (HD & Display) setting - Similar Threads - WIN10 keep sleep

2. No monitor in dropdowns in Advanced display settings or HD Color settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No monitor in dropdowns in Advanced display settings or HD Color settings: The dropdowns in both Windows HD Color Settings and Advanced Display Settings to select a monitor have no contents, none of my 3 monitors can be selected in either screen...
  3. No monitor in dropdowns in Advanced display settings or HD Color settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No monitor in dropdowns in Advanced display settings or HD Color settings: The dropdowns in both Windows HD Color Settings and Advanced Display Settings to select a monitor have no contents, none of my 3 monitors can be selected in either screen...
  4. No monitor in dropdowns in Advanced display settings or HD Color settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. External HD keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External HD keeps going to sleep: I use backblaze but recently it is always going to sleep so it can not back up, how can I stop my lap top from going to sleep. I have my Power & sleep mode to never and I have unchecked the dialog boxes for the USB controllers...
  6. External HD keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External HD keeps going to sleep: I use backblaze but recently it is always going to sleep so it can not back up, how can I stop my lap top from going to sleep. I have my Power & sleep mode to never and I have unchecked the dialog boxes for the USB controllers...
  7. External HD keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Replace hd and win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replace hd and win10: Acer 7551-7422 hard drive totally dead. They have never backed up the computer. The computer did upgrade quite a while back from Windows 7 home premium to Windows 10. I am installing a new ssd. I was told I needed to reinstall Win7 then do an upgrade but for some reason that...
  9. Win10 fails to open display settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 fails to open display settings: when I launch display settings - the launch fails after 1 second display of the settings pop-up. This happens when I use start/system/display or when I right-click on desktop and select display settings. Anyone else have a method to get into display settings? I want to...
  10. multi display settings win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    multi display settings win10: Hello. From few days im trying to work out how to change display numbers. External screen is always 1 and main monitor always 2 so there is issue of windows+p switching. internal is tv and external as pc monitor. tried to turn it on only with pc monitor then coming up as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 no sleep setting