Windows 10: WIN10 will not keep no sleep (HD & Display) setting

Discus and support WIN10 will not keep no sleep (HD & Display) setting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all- The power setting in my WIN10 system will not keep 'no sleep' on both the HD and display regardless of overall setting, ie., Balanced/High... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by newtie, May 7, 2019.

1. newtie Win User

WIN10 will not keep no sleep (HD & Display) setting

Hi all-

The power setting in my WIN10 system will not keep 'no sleep' on both the HD and display regardless of overall setting, ie., Balanced/High Performance etc. It always reverts back to some stock config that I'm trying to remove. I download large bgls for my flight simulator over a not so fast connection and going to sleep after 2 hours (of essentially 3.5 hr dload) totally borks everything.

Any ideas power manager folk out there?

Thanks,
    Mark

:)

newtie, May 7, 2019

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 7, 2019
  3. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 7, 2019
  4. WIN10 will not keep no sleep (HD & Display) setting

Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, May 7, 2019
Thema:

WIN10 will not keep no sleep (HD & Display) setting

1. WIN10 will not keep no sleep (HD & Display) setting - Similar Threads - WIN10 keep sleep

2. Sleep settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep settings: When I set my laptop on 'never' for going to sleep and turning off for both plugged in and on battery power, it still does occasionally. Can be very annoying, as when I have multiple desktops and turn my laptop on, it can switch to the other desktops, rather than the one I...
  3. Sleep Mode And External HD's ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Mode And External HD's ?: Hello, Running W10. When, after no usage for a while, I have programmed the pc to "go to sleep," do any other external HD's I have plugged into a USB port (for backups, etc.) also turn off ? Fully ? Thanks, Bob 131540
  4. Win10 suddenly putting laptop to sleep when set not to

Win10 suddenly putting laptop to sleep when set not to: I am running Win10 (and have been since I bought this machine back in September), currently up-to-date with the last system & drivers updates on April 2nd (1 week ago) and the last Win Defender definitions update on 4/8 (yesterday, technically). My laptop was working just...
  5. Sleep setting?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep setting?: I had an issue with my computer turning itself on by itself. In the process of trying to deal with it (it proved to be a defective power supply) in inadvertently removed "sleep" from the choices under "power" and now I cannot seem to restore it. I have done the things I've...
  6. Computer Keeps Going to Sleep Even Though Sleep Settings Are Off

Computer Keeps Going to Sleep Even Though Sleep Settings Are Off: Basically I've been having problems with my new laptop where it will go into sleep mode while I'm using it. All of the sleep and hibernating settings are off, but for some reason the computer still goes into sleep mode. It also seems to go into sleep mode faster when I'm...
  7. Sleep and Display off settings are not working

Sleep and Display off settings are not working: Hi, My laptop display keeps going off before the set time which gets really annoying. In the power option, I have set it as display off at 5 min, sleep at 10 min (on battery), display off at 10 min, sleep at 15 min (plugged in). But this doesnt work at all in both...
  8. Why Win10 keeps resetting SLEEP to NEVER

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Win10 keeps resetting SLEEP to NEVER: Hi, Since the last Win10 update of Spring Creators some thing is resetting my SLEEP to NEVER. Previously for last 1 year I had my system goto to sleep after 30mins. After this update sleep reverts to NEVER after I reboot PC or intermittently without doing a reboot. I have...
  9. Problem keeping display settings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Problem keeping display settings: Display/Settings/Advance Display Settings/Advance sizing of text and other items. When I reset them, hit the "Apply" button on my Acer Aspire, everything works fine till I turn the unit off/close the cover. Next time I open the cover/start the unit, all resized items...
  10. Can't keep my apps and settings in upgrade to WIN10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't keep my apps and settings in upgrade to WIN10: After a succesfull upgrade from WIN7 to WIN10 on my Laptop, I now try to install WIN10 on a Desktop Pc and that causes me a problem. When I upgraded the Laptop from WIN7 to WIN10, all my applications and settings were kept during the upgrading process and 2 hours after I...