Windows 10: Win10 will not run any .exe's I am migrating from my Win7 pc. WHATs THE FIX?

Discus and support Win10 will not run any .exe's I am migrating from my Win7 pc. WHATs THE FIX? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Win10 will not run any .exe's I am migrating from my Win7 (home) pc. It's useless until there's a fix! (I have OfficePro2019 on Win10 pc.) This goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LouiseDianni, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Win10 will not run any .exe's I am migrating from my Win7 pc. WHATs THE FIX?

Win10 will not run any .exe's I am migrating from my Win7 (home) pc. It's useless until there's a fix! (I have OfficePro2019 on Win10 pc.) This goes back to 2015 and still no answer??

:)

LouiseDianni, Jun 1, 2019
  2. dahas Win User

WIN10 HOMEGROUP not accessible by WIN7 PCs

Hello,

I cannot connect my WIN 7(home) PCs (3 of them) to a homegoup created on a new Windows 10 (home) computer.

The WIN 7 PC see each other without any issue.

Here’s how I proceeded:

• Leave all homegroups on the WIN7 PCs
    • Create a new homegroup on the WIN10 pc with the same group
    • The WIN7 PCs see the new homegroup
    • Click on join and enter password
    • After some time I get a message that connection was not possible

I’ve also tried to create the homegroup on a WIN7 pc. The WIN10 pc can see and accept to join but the shares are not visible.

Running WIN 10 1709 HOME

dahas, Jun 1, 2019
  3. mike908 Win User
    USMT 10 - issues with profile when migrating from Win7 to Win10

Hello,

Has anyone used USMT 10 to migrate from Win7 to Win10?

I have used USMT successfully in the past to move WinXP (32-bit) to Win7 Pro (64-bit). I downloaded the new ADK to get the v10 tools. I now have USMT 10 and was practicing the migration of Win7 Pro 64-bit users to Win10 Enterprise 64-bit. Just for completeness, I also tried Win7 Enterprise 64-bit -> USMT -> Win10 Enterprise 64-bit. The results were the same.

I have used the original MIG XML files previously and they did what I needed, so I intended to do the same here. My XML files are unmodified at this point, but I tried with a few modifications aimed at not bringing over Start Menu (shared & user specific) *.LNK files.I have had this failure with both the "no LNK files" and stock XML versions. I tested and the migration logs (scanstate and loadstate) both claim no error in the migration process. Reviewing the logs I see no critical errors or warnings.

The problem is that following the migration, the profiles that were migrated cannot use Start Menu, Cortana/Search, Notification Area (Action Center), or right click any icon pinned to the Taskbar. SearchUI.exe appears to not be running when I review Task Manager -> Details. Cortana is not listed under Processes.

A new user - someone who logs on without a migrated profile - is created properly and they work normally. Existing users - the tech profile that existed prior to the migration - work fine. It is only a failure within the migrated profiles. I have tried the suggested Start Menu repair actions (the Get-AppXPackage / AppXManifest.xml process) and multiple other suggestions. Nothing seems to repair this, and since I can create a new profile successfully or use a non-migrated existing profile, I have to believe it's a flaw in what I'm doing with USMT.

My scanstate script is: scanstate.exe \\system\migration_folder /i:migapp.xml /i:migdocs.xml /o /uel:90 /l:C:\scanstate.log /v:13

My loadstate script is: loadstate.exe \\system\migration_folder /i:migapp.xml /i:c:\intel\usmtfiles\miguser.xml /l:C:\loadstatelog /v:13

mike908, Jun 1, 2019
  4. RJF2 Win User

Win10 will not run any .exe's I am migrating from my Win7 pc. WHATs THE FIX?

Win10 Twice SLOWER than Win7 running data apps

We've a relatively high-horsepower dual boot pc which processes apps Twice+ as fast in Win7proX64 as compared to Win10proX64.

As example, we've a traditional Windows Desktop .exe built per C# VS2013pro targeting .NET4.5.2 which reads +1million records (40MB) from a text file, where:

_exe reads the text file (residing on resident ssd) in ~8seconds on subject Win7 boot.

_exe reads the text file (residing on same resident ssd) in ~21seconds on subject Win10 boot.

All non-OS variables equal and no other user launched apps.

Others running subject on independent systems report similar.

pc uses core_i7-2720QM @ 2.20GHz (8 cpu's), 16GBram;

ssd is ~500GB with >50% free;

exe is independently installed on each respective systems drive, However,

no significant difference if run from common drive.

pc boots ~quickly into Win7 or Win10; ie, this is not a start-up complaint.

Win7 and win10 at full current vers per MSupdate.

Why is win10 execution soooooo much slower ?

thx in advance.

RJF2, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

Win10 will not run any .exe's I am migrating from my Win7 pc. WHATs THE FIX?

1. Win10 will not run any .exe's I am migrating from my Win7 pc. WHATs THE FIX? - Similar Threads - Win10 run exe's

2. Sys reboot downgraded my pc from win10 to win7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sys reboot downgraded my pc from win10 to win7: Hi,My laptop came with Windows 7 Home from the factory. Years ago, I had an offer to upgrade to Windows 10 for free - which I accepted, and I have been using it for a long time. However, after a while, I attempted to reboot my PC from the BIOS due to some malware issues....
  3. Sys reboot downgraded my pc from win10 to win7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sys reboot downgraded my pc from win10 to win7: Hi,My laptop came with Windows 7 Home from the factory. Years ago, I had an offer to upgrade to Windows 10 for free - which I accepted, and I have been using it for a long time. However, after a while, I attempted to reboot my PC from the BIOS due to some malware issues....
  4. Sys reboot downgraded my pc from win10 to win7

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Moving Win7 games to Win10 - What edits to make EXE's run?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Win7 games to Win10 - What edits to make EXE's run?: I want to play the Solitaire, etc. games from my old Win7 PC on my new Win10 PC because I don't want to use a cloud account simply to save scores as the new Win10 game bundle requires. I have copied the Games folder from the old Win7 PC to the new Win10 PC but the EXE's will...
  6. Migrating a Win7 install to a pc with Win10 preinstalled?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Migrating a Win7 install to a pc with Win10 preinstalled?: Hello, What's the best way to migrate everything (softwares, etc) from an old computer with Win7 to a new computer with Win10? I could clone but then I'd lose Win10 I can't upgrade from 7 to 10 because the OS is already installed on the target computer I could drag and drop...
  7. What are steps for upgrade from Win7 to Win10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What are steps for upgrade from Win7 to Win10?: Hi I have been using Linux many years but now I am returning back to Windows. I have Dell E6500 laptop and I like to install Win10 Pro 64 bit OS for that laptop. I have following "tools" in my hand: - Win10 Pro and activation "Windows is activated with a digital licence...
  8. What is the cost to upgrade from Win7 to Win10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What is the cost to upgrade from Win7 to Win10?: Can win10 be upgraded from win7 without the need to pay the full price? or a full price for win10 must be paid ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-cost-to-upgrade-from-win7-to-win10/60b9fd5e-865e-47b9-8fd8-9755087ee429"
  9. USMT 10 - issues with profile when migrating from Win7 to Win10

USMT 10 - issues with profile when migrating from Win7 to Win10: Hello, Has anyone used USMT 10 to migrate from Win7 to Win10? I have used USMT successfully in the past to move WinXP (32-bit) to Win7 Pro (64-bit). I downloaded the new ADK to get the v10 tools. I now have USMT 10 and was practicing the migration of Win7 Pro 64-bit...
  10. Migrated Win7 to SSD will not upgrade to Win10

Migrated Win7 to SSD will not upgrade to Win10: Using an Asus CM8730 desktop with Win7. Purchased a Samsung Evo 850 SSD and used Samsung Migration software to move Win7 to the SSD from the HD that came from the computer. All went well, the computer boots very fast from the SSD. After about a month of use I decided to...